• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

SatoSereFan224888

I don't want him to.
Not only because it isn't a proper League, but because SM Ash isn't worthy of winning one.

And Kiawe's worthy enough, same with Hau. Kiawe beat a Grand Trial and Hau would have presumably beaten one by now. I'd love it if they let Kiawe win the whole thing, he started off as powerful but recently he's been treated like a joke.

Hau is too goofy to be taken seriously. He won’t win. Kiawe I agree is a joke. The only other guy worthy of winning other than Ash is Gladion.

DatsRight

Hau is too goofy to be taken seriously. He won’t win. Kiawe I agree is a joke. The only other guy worthy of winning other than Ash is Gladion.

I dunno, SM has been thriving on letting its clowns have their day. I mean we are comparing against Ash this series after all, competent battler but a complete goofball personality wise. Gladion if anything is the heavy outlier this series by being the only serious dignified character of the bunch.

diakyu

The fact he's already been beaten by Ash, and has something to prove to his grandfather tells me he's gonna deliver that hard L to Ash at the league.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The fact he's already been beaten by Ash, and has something to prove to his grandfather tells me he's gonna deliver that hard L to Ash at the league.
while story-wise I'd agree, that'd mean ash's final pokemon in the league would most likely be rowlet, which is why I can't see hau beating ash

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Barely. Probably the Kahunas and Lusamine, but nothing more.

I miss when the Pokemon League President was a constant presence every league. He didn't do much, but he passed the sense of the thing being official and big.

Bar Kiawe, the companions barely have any goal that imply battles and training and, frankly, SM was a great juggling about what to do with them when they aren't battle oriented (as Kiawe) or have a relevant plot (as Lillie). I find stupid and rushed, but I think that's the writers' way to give them something to do aside merely be a presence in the league cheering for Ash. I expect something at least better than Lillie's, Soph's, Lana's and Mallow's "gym matches" at Cerulean.

Eh, judging for the things in SM, I wouldn't be surprised if even Mallow of all of them give Ash the boot.

It could be said he was only for the Japan leagues so Gens 1-4 and other places have nobody in charge. Though with it being the first league it might fall on Kukui

Ok seeing as the classmates pretty much have only one type of Pokemon I can see them going down with ease tbh. Lana has a normal and water type unless she evolves Eevee into a Vaporon right before. Honestly this leagues looks like a disaster right from the start. With only Ash,Gladion and Guzma being interesting. Please let Guzma win

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Woah hang on hang on hang on

Didn't the games basically not mention anything about some requirement of having to complete all the trial to enter the Alola League (as in some dude checking your notebook thingy to see if you got all the stamps like previous games checking your badge count)? Isn't allowing anyone to enter this Pokemon League basically same thing!

The games imply that when someone completed all the grand trials, they would face off with all four kahuna's again in a final trial, but because Kakui created a league, that took the place of the final trial.

So yes there was still a form of requirement in the games.

SatoSereFan224888

Still for Galar, I think it's time for Ash to retire and be replaced by a new hero.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Still for Galar, I think it's time for Ash to retire and be replaced by a new hero.
A bit way too late for that. Latest he should've left was Battle Frontier. BW was a soft mental reset, XY Ash kicked up the competence and hero worship to kind of a silly degree, SM Ash is kinda balanced between the two, having similar competence to XY Ash and companions to whom he isn't an idealized hero, and I'm not gonna start ranting on the Sinnoh problems.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I wonder how the reception would be if Ash won and was actually retired after SM. Would they feel it was a cheap win? Would people even care? I'm curious how invested people even get with the leagues? Always found stuff like the journey,gyms and contests much more interesting than the league personally. I think that is my issue with SM it is literally the league which is open to anyone.

Kintaro

Banned
He won't win, but if he did, it'd be viewed similar to the Orange league. People would just accept it as a minor league win and move on.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
He won't win, but if he did, it'd be viewed similar to the Orange league. People would just accept it as a minor league win and move on.
Maybe, but this League is canon to the games, unlike the Orange Islands.