• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

MockingJ

Banned
I can't even imagine Ash winning the AL and becoming a champion. It'd be so unlike him since he hasn't been able to win a League from a major region in over 20 years and I can totally see him turning down the champion title even if he does win, which would make the AL haters complain even more about how awful this League is. We'd never hear the end of it. The only bright side to him becoming champion is that people might finally stop calling him a perpetual loser, but even that might not happen.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I can't even imagine Ash winning the AL and becoming a champion. It'd be so unlike him since he hasn't been able to win a League from a major region in over 20 years and I can totally see him turning down the champion title even if he does win, which would make the AL haters complain even more about how awful this League is. We'd never hear the end of it. The only bright side to him becoming champion is that people might finally stop calling him a perpetual loser, but even that might not happen.

Given how they’ve managed to somehow ignore both the Orange League and Battle Frontier, it’s safe to say that unless Ash wins the Pokémon World Tournament or something, he’ll always be called a loser.

But then again, even that probably won’t be enough for some people.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I could definitely see Satoshi turn down the Champion title if he were to win and Kukui-hakase becoming the de facto Champion of Alola in his place, but that scenario would lead to a lot of criticism since many fans probably wouldn't want to see Satoshi give up such a prestigious title.

Decidueye23

I could definitely see Satoshi turn down the Champion title if he were to win and Kukui-hakase becoming the de facto Champion of Alola in his place, but that scenario would lead to a lot of criticism since many fans probably wouldn't want to see Satoshi give up such a prestigious title.
the whole point of the league is to win it so he can challenge the champions league. so i guess he wont turn it down which is why he wont win.

DatsRight

It's sort of why I'm hoping they're careful with how they handle the other challengers this series, since having them surpass Ash in battling with next to zero effort or training or even a single defeat would only exacerbate that 'memetic loser' status for Ash, especially with how much he's been made to be a butt monkey at whatever THEY'RE good at.

It would turn SM from a series about how everyone has strong or weak points to about one guy who struggles and works his ass just to be halfway good at something while others master that and multiple other things with no effort at all. Basically having the companions take Ash's battle record and do this:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:
the whole point of the league is to win it so he can challenge the champions league. so i guess he wont turn it down which is why he wont win.

When was the last time that the Champion's League was mentioned in the anime, anyway? At this point I don't think it'll ever be shown in detail since Satoshi himself is nowhere close to competing in it, but I've always wondered why it was even brought up in the first place back in Shinou if it wasn't going to amount to anything in the long run.

Epicocity

When was the last time that the Champion's League was mentioned in the anime, anyway? At this point I don't think it'll ever be shown in detail since Satoshi himself is nowhere close to competing in it, but I've always wondered why it was even brought up in the first place back in Shinou if it wasn't going to amount to anything in the long run.
Because, presumably, it may have originally going to mean something.

From what I've heard, and I may be wrong, they were originally planning on having Ash win Sinnoh with Ash and Paul as the final round. Then they decided to keep him around for BW and everything changed. Granted it's just rumors through the grapevine that may or may not be correct, but given the emphasis on it, it feels like that was likely legit, especially since BW was a soft reboot in the anime.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Because, presumably, it may have originally going to mean something.

From what I've heard, and I may be wrong, they were originally planning on having Ash win Sinnoh with Ash and Paul as the final round. Then they decided to keep him around for BW and everything changed. Granted it's just rumors through the grapevine that may or may not be correct, but given the emphasis on it, it feels like that was likely legit, especially since BW was a soft reboot in the anime.
I'm glad they didn't go through with that. If he was gonna leave, Battle Frontier should have been the end. Or, barring that, have him win the Silver Conference.

Dream Lad

Banned

Nah, nobody would blame him for not wanting to be the Champion of a place where some schmuck can go catch a Rattata and make the Top 16 of a league as long as it hides in a corner.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I just hope we get some preview soon, seeing a bit of the action will at least help confirm or mitigate some of our worries

You do know that there's no Champions League in Alola right? The Champions League is nothing more than challenging the Elite 4 and the current Champion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dream Lad said:
Nah, nobody would blame him for not wanting to be the Champion of a place where some schmuck can go catch a Rattata and make the Top 16 of a league as long as it hides in a corner.

If you're referring to the battle royale round, I don't think it'll be that easy. I'm sure that someone loitering in the background and not battling until the other trainers get whittled down will be against the rules since that would be a cowardly tactic. Although I could see someone like the Rocket-dan trying to do that and possibly getting disqualified. Frankly, I think they'll find some way to cheat in general since that's how they operate.

OniCornwalis

Here’s what should’ve happened before the league in order to give it a better setup:

Episodes 57 and 83 should’ve been replaced with two episodes where Sophocles and Mallow get their Z-Crystals, and then they should’ve gotten their Z-Rings in episodes 119 and 121 respectively.

Episode 113 should’ve been replaced with an episode that introduced Hau to the rest of the cast.

Guzma and Plumeria should’ve been introduced in the Ula’Ula Island arc in non-speaking cameo roles and then properly introduced in their respective episodes.

If those three things had happened, I feel like everything would’ve been fleshed our more and the buildup before the league wouldn’t have been as rocky in places as it is right now.

andrewscott48209

If you're referring to the battle royale round, I don't think it'll be that easy. I'm sure that someone loitering in the background and not battling until the other trainers get whittled down will be against the rules since that would be a cowardly tactic. Although I could see someone like the Rocket-dan trying to do that and possibly getting disqualified. Frankly, I think they'll find some way to cheat in general since that's how they operate.
Considering loitering in the background, Jiren did just that in the tournament of power, only fighting when he needed, and no one called him out on it.

And concerning Team Rocket doing that, it might not work so well if Pikachu is on the field, considering Mimikyu's hatred of all Pikachu.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
andrewscott48209 said:
And concerning Team Rocket doing that, it might not work so well if Pikachu is on the field, considering Mimikyu's hatred of all Pikachu.

Oh that's right. Speaking of their rivalry, I'm actually interested in seeing if Pikachu battling Mimikkyu at the Alola League would be their final bout and if Mimkkyu would finally settle down if it loses, or if Mimikkyu will continue to harass Pikachu even after the tournament is over.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh that's right. Speaking of their rivalry, I'm actually interested in seeing if Pikachu battling Mimikkyu at the Alola League would be their final bout and if Mimkkyu would finally settle down if it loses, or if Mimikkyu will continue to harass Pikachu even after the tournament is over.
I really hope they have some development with that before sun and moon ends. It is just weird that Jessie has some sort of socially awkward mimikyu that attacks all Pikachu’s and then you have acerola’s who is normal and cute (albeit she’s dead also). But I need to know more and I really hope an official league match could help mimikyu realize something, but I know I’m hoping hard here lmao.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think the league will be shorter than other leagues, if the amount of pokemon they can use is reduced. Wonder what will come after this...

Decidueye23

I'd Actually like that to be in an episode after the league, where TR Finally bid farewell to alola, and release mimikyu after is settles score with pikachu, cuz i dont see it going into TR HQ, and while Galar is still plausible, having Mimikyu, would take away from thier Galar captures

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'd Actually like that to be in an episode after the league, where TR Finally bid farewell to alola, and release mimikyu after is settles score with pikachu, cuz i dont see it going into TR HQ, and while Galar is still plausible, having Mimikyu, would take away from thier Galar captures
I'd rather they just bring Mimikyu and Mareanie and let trainers who will actually showcase pokemon well to have all the galar pokemon.

DatsRight

They only sporadically used Mareanie and Mimikyu in this series in the first place. While I kinda like the idea of TR keeping Pokemon through series like in DP to keep their numbers more plausible, there isn't much point if they don't use them well in the first place. Even Mimikyu actually being evenly paced with Pikachu has become formulaic, it goes berserk, they tail fight and Bewear butts in to keep it a stalemate.

Even DP I think had more point in doing so since it had more token development or semi competent use of their bigger team, like Jessie rotating all of them for her contests. I'm less excited about them being in the league because TR have been pretty much forbidden to use their Alola Pokemon in an interesting way despite their hyped potential. There's always a 'tall poppy syndrome' with TR, if they can't be bothered writing the twerps as good at whatever is taking place, TR have to be dumbed down even worse.

Last edited: