• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I think Hau will probably be one of the first guys who gets knocked out in the first round. I say that based on the fact he hasn't been developed enough and it makes me think that that was on purpose because maybe the writers just don't care enough about him. So he might only have his starter Pokemon at the league.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Hau actually does use an Eeveelution in the games BTW.

I know, that's why I mentioned them along with Onvern. I was just trying to think of which member of the Eievui line he might use if he ends up having one in the anime at all. But the more I think of it, the more I think his only Pokemon might be Junaiper.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I know, that's why I mentioned them along with Onvern. I was just trying to think of which member of the Eievui line he might use if he ends up having one in the anime at all. But the more I think of it, the more I think his only Pokemon might be Junaiper.
I don't think that's happening unless Hau loses in the first round.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen

I hadn't even realized that he had a Noivern in the games until I just checked right now. Ok so I definitely don't want him to have one of those since I saw enough Noivern in BW and XY, but the Eeveelution thing still makes sense unless we're supposed to think that SM065 was enough Eevee family promo.

Dream Lad

Banned
First they had him lose because he was a weak trainer that Charizard disobeyed.
Then they had him lose because the opponent had a new region Pokemon.
Then they had him lose against the eventual league champion.
Then they had him lose against a hax legendary user.
Then they had him lose (nah, upset 6 v 4) against an autistic savant.
Then they had him lose against the deuteragonist owning the ME of the franchise's beloved species.

What creative BS way will they make Ash lose this time?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
First they had him lose because he was a weak trainer that Charizard disobeyed.
Then they had him lose because the opponent had a new region Pokemon.
Then they had him lose against the eventual league champion.
Then they had him lose against a hax legendary user.
Then they had him lose (nah, upset 6 v 4) against an autistic savant.
Then they had him lose against the deuteragonist owning the ME of the franchise's beloved species.

He'll lose to Lillie

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I hadn't even realized that he had a Noivern in the games until I just checked right now. Ok so I definitely don't want him to have one of those since I saw enough Noivern in BW and XY, but the Eeveelution thing still makes sense unless we're supposed to think that SM065 was enough Eevee family promo.

One thing that the anime has taught me over the years is that the writers don't know the concept of the word "enough" when it comes to Eievui. It seems to be their knee-jerk reaction to give Eievui's line as much attention as possible. And speaking of that, I would've loved to see Suiren's Eievui evolve into Showers by now so that she could've used that at the Alola League instead of just her plain old Eievui.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
One thing that the anime has taught me over the years is that the writers don't know the concept of the word "enough" when it comes to Eievui. It seems to be their knee-jerk reaction to give Eievui's line as much attention as possible. And speaking of that, I would've loved to see Suiren's Eievui evolve into Showers by now so that she could've used that at the Alola League instead of just her plain old Eievui.
Unlikely, given that it's clearly the partner Eevee from the LGPE games.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!

I'm thinking/hoping the Masked Royal or Guzma.

Personally, I'd like the League to be stopped by a crisis involving the Mythicals (including Melmetal) and the Legendary Pokemon's Z-Moves. Though the chances of that happening are rather low. Even though that would be the best case scenario at this point.

Though wouldn't it be something if he won when he's barely even been a trainer this saga? :confused:

He'll lose to Lillie

Either Snowy will grab that Ice Stone FTW at the last minute (good thing he doesn't have any Dragon-types now!), or Magearna will suddenly/randomly be used to kick ass and take names.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm still rooting on Kiawe or my boi Guzma winning.

Though anyone other than worst Professor is okay

I think Hau will probably be one of the first guys who gets knocked out in the first round. I say that based on the fact he hasn't been developed enough and it makes me think that that was on purpose because maybe the writers just don't care enough about him. So he might only have his starter Pokemon at the league.

So long as Ash is the one to do it that'd be fine, I'd rather Hau stick around long enough to use Raichu and show off the z-move against some other character like a classmate(Lana? I'd say Soph but it wouldn't do **** against Togedemaru), knocking them out before going on to lose against Ash with Rowlet beating Decidueye

Plus Pikachu softening Decidueye up a bit would actually make Rowlet winning seem more believable.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!

Nah. He'll win to go on to use the Decidueye's Z-Move for sure.

Though what's this I've been hearing about him using the Raichu Z-Move? o_O Where did that come from? I think if anyone does that it'll be Nina.

Last edited:

Henry's Journey

I think Ash won't be able to battle all of his "rivals", I just don't think it's possible he'll fight against Hau, Kiawe, Gladion, Ilima, Guzma and Royal Mask, 1 or 2 of them will battle against each other or lose to someone else, there are only 4 battles guaranteed in the top 16 and that if Ash makes it to the final.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Henry's Journey said:
I think Ash won't be able to battle all of his "rivals", I just don't think it's possible he'll fight against Hau, Kiawe, Gladion, Ilima, Guzma and Royal Mask, 1 or 2 of them will battle against each other or lose to someone else, there are only 4 battles guaranteed in the top 16 and that if Ash makes it to the final.

I don't even consider Hau to be a rival since his interaction with Satoshi was extremely limited. Even Ilima and Kaki seem more like friendly acquaintances than Satoshi's bona fide rivals to me, but yes, I do think that Satoshi will only be able to battle a couple of those characters since it doesn't seem plausible that he would be able to challenge all of them in this tournament.

D

Deleted member 384931

I really find it strange they gave Hau one focus episode prior the league...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What's wrong with Kukui winning? He set up the tournament plus he's a strong trainer too, so if anything he has the highest chance of winning since he knows what he's doing.
That's personally why I'd consider it weird. It's like "hey trainers, gather for a pokemon league so I can wreck you all and be considered a true champion finally"

Red and Blue

That's personally why I'd consider it weird. It's like "hey trainers, gather for a pokemon league so I can wreck you all and be considered a true champion finally"
It's not Kukui's fault if he beats all the other trainers. He is still playing by the rules like everyone else

Decidueye23

idk... i have a feeling that this will mimic the games to an extent, where ash defeats everyone but one last thing for him to be called champion is defeating the masked royale who will unmask himself as kukui. leading to a torracat vs incineroar finale.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I really find it strange they gave Hau one focus episode prior the league...

It's really frustrating to me personally since I've been a Hau fan ever since S/M were released, and I had higher hopes for his character in the anime. It's bad enough that it took around two years for him to finally show up, but the fact that he didn't get that much development prior to the Alola League is like rubbing salt in the wound. I hope that the writers make it up to him by letting him get into the Top 4, but even that's mostly wishful thinking on my part.