• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Dream Lad

Banned
It's really frustrating to me personally since I've been a Hau fan ever since S/M were released, and I had higher hopes for his character in the anime. It's bad enough that it took around two years for him to finally show up, but the fact that he didn't get that much development prior to the Alola League is like rubbing salt in the wound. I hope that the writers make it up to him by letting him get into the Top 4, but even that's mostly wishful thinking on my part.

At least you got his secret half-brother making the Top 4 in XY:

maxresdefault.jpg

Meanwhile, my dream of Wally ever appearing died in Kalos.

TheScentedApple

I'm interested to see where Faba/Plumeria are getting their Z-Rings from if their showing the psychic/poison z-move. Hau is shown with a green z-crystal on his z-ring which I can only assume is a Decidium-Z. And also now I'm unsure as to who the final battle will be against, Gladion or Hau, since today's episode is on Gladion and next weeks is seemingly the second Hau episode we have needed for about a year

Red and Blue

As expected Kukui will be the one to fight the winner of the Alolan league. Ash could actually win this

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Due to the prize match reveal, ash can now feasibly fight all of his rivals, so here's how I think things will go for him:
151 battle royale (Pikachu vs Mimikyu happens at the end)->Top 16 (Ash vs Hau 2v2)->Top 8 (Ash vs Kiawe 3v3)->Top 4 (Ash vs Gladion 4v4)->Finals (Ash vs Guzma ???)->Prize match (Ash vs Kukui, hopefully 6v6)

Kintaro

Banned
Every league has only been 7-8 eps long, we know Sword/Shield come out in November, so there's bound to be some rushed fights. Also remember the last 2 eps of the saga will be the usual goodbyes/farewells.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Wow okay just realized something kinda hilarious.

If we actually DO see every match Ash has this time, and if he does make it to the end to fight Masked Royal, then that comes out to six battles - the royale, four tournament rounds, and the final exhibition match. So if we do actually get to see all that and nothing is glossed over? Then we’ll actually see Ash have more battles in the Alola League than we did in the leagues of Kalos, Unova, and SINNOH.

Idk maybe just me but that realization cracked me up.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Wow okay just realized something kinda hilarious.

If we actually DO see every match Ash has this time, and if he does make it to the end to fight Masked Royal, then that comes out to six battles - the royale, four tournament rounds, and the final exhibition match. So if we do actually get to see all that and nothing is glossed over? Then we’ll actually see Ash have more battles in the Alola League than we did in the leagues of Kalos, Unova, and SINNOH.

Idk maybe just me but that realization cracked me up.
Yeah but the battles are probably shorter
In past leagues we had 6v6s which took two entire episodes

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Yeah but the battles are probably shorter
In past leagues we had 6v6s which took two entire episodes

Oh I wasn’t arguing that this would be higher quality (well, probably better than Unova), just looking at it on paper was kinda funny to see the numbers compare.

At any rate I’m actually looking forward to this, even if this league isn’t as grandiose as past ones, at least SM battles tend to be pretty good imo.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oh I wasn’t arguing that this would be higher quality (well, probably better than Unova), just looking at it on paper was kinda funny to see the numbers compare.

At any rate I’m actually looking forward to this, even if this league isn’t as grandiose as past ones, at least SM battles tend to be pretty good imo.
I'm kinda worried, choreography has been pretty flimsy since after torracat vs incineroar. Also, hey, if ash wins, what if that connects to SwSh? There's a leak that says you will get sponsors there, so what if he gets sponsors for being alola's first champion?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm kinda worried, choreography has been pretty flimsy since after torracat vs incineroar. Also, hey, if ash wins, what if that connects to SwSh? There's a leak that says you will get sponsors there, so what if he gets sponsors for being alola's first champion?
I suppose being the first Champion of a region is technically more impressive than just being regular Champion.

Litleonid

So how many characters do we have confirmed to be competing in this league? This is the first time we've ever had this many notable characters in any series compete in its regional league.

Red and Blue

If Ash does win they'll probably give it away in a future episode title
So how many characters do we have confirmed to be competing in this league? This is the first time we've ever had this many notable characters in any series compete in its regional league.
151 trainers. Episode 129 will reduce that number to 16

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block

If that rumor is true, then I can definitely see that as a good reason to have Ash win the Alola league. I'd actually like if it that was the case. Ash when's the Alola League and someone from Galar hears that and asks him to head over to Galar to compete.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
If that rumor is true, then I can definitely see that as a good reason to have Ash win the Alola league. I'd actually like if it that was the case. Ash when's the Alola League and someone from Galar hears that and asks him to head over to Galar to compete.
And even if the rumor is fake, we do know for a fact that the trainers challenging leaders in galar also have a fanbase, so maybe being alola's first champion would give him a fanbase to start with

Animac

With kukui being the winning prize, Ash and Guzman are the two valid options to be the champion here. There can always be a dream crusher, but it looks like we wont be getting an OC dreamcrusher this league.