• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I kinda feel/fear the league will be interrupteonly something that ends up making Meltan evolve, Magearna awaken, Shaymin go into sky forms, and Poipole return, and the league is then resumed

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I would like if the league is interrupted for the potential Mohn arc, where some pokemon could evolve, poipole can return, magearna could be activated among other things. It should happen.

Should. Yes. Heck, this League being interrupted by a plot sound like the best case scenario at this point.

Will? Probably not. Knowing how the creative teams has handled SM, the Legaue will play out about as bad as people are thinking, then the remainder of series will be Melemele nonsense.
Heck, I'm kind of scared that instead of an arc, the Mohn subplot will be (easily/cheaply) wrapped up in one episode...<_<

I'm already fully expecting Shaymin to turn into Sky Forme to beat up some bad guys, then almost immediately leave (with a sappy goobye from Mallow that will remind just how useless/pointless it was).

And, of course, a lot of Melemele nonsense in place of actually wrapping things up.

dman_dustin

If they do a break during the league, like many of the leagues before it, I fully expect to it being about Meltan evolving. Which is far better than Axew getting lost, stuff about Team Rocket, and relatively better than Kalos's break episode though that wasn't nearly as bad as the others since it came off as an intermission rather than a blow up focus of the passage of time, etc, etc, etc.

nuzamaki90

Again with theory of the league being interrupted? it feels like a deja vu, right? this exact discussion happened during the Kalos League, lol.
I remember way back when during the Unova League there was a possibility that it could’ve been interrupted as well. I think it’s just mainly because the recent villain plots have been interconnected with the League that interruption keeps on coming up as a possible outcome.

Although I personally wouldn’t want it. I want Ash and Guzma to duke it out mano a mano to decide who gets to slap Kukui silly

Leonhart

Imagineer
Henry's Journey said:
Again with theory of the league being interrupted? it feels like a deja vu, right? this exact discussion happened during the Kalos League, lol.

I don't really understand those theories, either. The idea would've worked in BW since the League in the games was interrupted, so I could understand why some fans might've thought that the anime would mimic that subplot. But as far as the Alola League goes, nothing thus far implies that something big will happen that'll disrupt the tournament.

Red and Blue

So in an interesting turn of events the sixteen trainers aren't as final as we thought. Hiroki was implied to survive the Battle Royal through Pokenchi.

Red and Blue

I must be missing something. How does Hiroki's inclusion in the Top 16 change anything?
When we got some of the competitors last week the general consensus was that the sixteen trainers would be

1. Ash
2. Lillie
3. Kiawe
4. Mallow
5. Sophocles
6. Lana
7. Gladion
8. Ilima
9. Guzma
10. Hau
11. Mina
12. Acerola
13. Faba
14. Plumeria
15. Jessie
16. James.

Now that we know Hiroki is one of them someone from that list will be cut

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
When we got some of the competitors last week the general consensus was that the sixteen trainers would be

1. Ash
2. Lillie
3. Kiawe
4. Mallow
5. Sophocles
6. Lana
7. Gladion
8. Ilima
9. Guzma
10. Hau
11. Mina
12. Acerola
13. Faba
14. Plumeria
15. Jessie
16. James.

Mina, Acerola, and Faba are the ones on the chopping block here IMO

wellwellwells

So in an interesting turn of events the sixteen trainers aren't as final as we thought. Hiroki was implied to survive the Battle Royal through Pokenchi.

Watch him advancing so Lillie Can make Top 8 beating him and then lose to Gladio in the quarter finals.

1. Ash
2. Lillie
3. Lana
4. Kiawe
5. Ilima
6. Gladio
7. Hau
8. Guzma

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen

1. Ash
2. Lillie
3. Kiawe
4. Mallow
5. Sophocles
6. Lana
7. Gladion
8. Ilima
9. Guzma
10. Hau
11. Mina
12. Acerola
13. Faba
14. Plumeria
15. Jessie
16. James.

Welp, it'll probably be James since he's the most irrelevant character out of those 16.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Welp, it'll probably be James since he's the most irrelevant character out of those 16.
James is the more competent Trainer out of TRio though. Faba seems the most likely cut to me.

Red and Blue

If the proceeding 8 rounds are at least 2 vs. 2 then I doubt either Jessie or James are surviving the Battle Royal.

We should of seen that a mile away

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
This league actually has a relatively good excuse for Ash to be knocked out by some guy from Galar.

This league has no qualifications, no barriers to entry. It's easy for foreigners to just get a plane ticket, bring 6 Pokemon, participate, and walk away tournament champion.

Except we know who the contestants are. And it's not like the Alola League has infinite slots for trainers across the globe. In fact, the Alola League is the League where everyone personally knows each other, and thus the chance for a Galar stranger to sneak in are close to none.

If the proceeding 8 rounds are at least 2 vs. 2 then I doubt either Jessie or James are surviving the Battle Royal.

We should of seen that a mile away

Honestly, I expect them to lose on their first match up.