• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Red and Blue

Have they ever done a montage like this for his previous leagues? If not I take it as a hint

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Have they ever done a montage like this for his previous leagues? If not I take it as a hint
I only started actually keeping up with the show in late BW (previously I just watched on TV), but from what I remember, the Kalos league had that greninja AMV, but it was only about XY/&Z

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oof. Acknowledging the orange shuriken. Rubbing salt on the wound there, ain'tcha? Eh, it's been three years.

Though referencing the past Leagues makes a bit of sense. It is an anniversary series (of sorts).

JC317

They may say hype video, but all I see is some guy's montage of his greatest losses across the globe.

Get hype for the epicness that shall be the Alola League though.

Well, they did show Ash's league battles with Paul and Trip at the league, which ended with Ash winning.

Red and Blue

Let's see

Battle Royal each trainers uses one Pokemon

Top 16 each trainer uses two

Top 8 each trainer gets three Pokemon.
People speculated that Kiawe would at least reach the top 8 and he has exactly that amount of Pokemon.

Dream Lad

Banned
The montage was sweet, but if this is league that Ash wins and they make it seem tantamount to winning the gym-qualifying leagues, I'll be just a little bit salty it didn't happen in DP.

Poor Virgil. He doesn’t even get acknowledged anymore, even in these amv/montages.

If Big Jon Dickson from Sento Cherry Town or the legendary Tobias don't get shown, then that Gary Stu shouldn't even be thought of.

I wouldn't put too much into that. The writers trolled us once before, with the Greninja hype video in 2016 that showed us the orange water Shuriken, allowing us to think that Ash would win.

I don't know why people were so confident back then that Ash would win the Kalos League. He had never reached the finals before (every further round he has progressed, he ended up losing). He didn't bring his reserves/have his best team. His opponent happened to be the deuteragonist. The league was rushed and ended up being a secondary plot to the Team Flare shenanigans afterwards.

D

Deleted member 384931

It would actually be genius if they let Ash win a league after 20 years and let him stop. It feels really random, unless they planned it ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry's Journey

The official Pokemon Youtube channel has uploaded an Alola league hype video:

I'm so freaking hyped after watching this epic montage :D BUT the Kalos League left a scar so won't really getting my hopes up til I basically see Ash with the Alola trophy and then fighting against Royal Mask, rooting for Ash anyway, some people will complain if he wins (durrr durr OrangeLeague 2.0!!!1!!) or if he loses (Ash always lose the league).

D

Deleted member 384931

Why do they release a trailer of past leagues instead of focussing on the one that is comimg?

Pikashium Z again. I wonder why they showed us leagues we were (mostly) hyped for?

Last edited by a moderator: