• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I mean as far as I know he’s always done it. I don’t expect anything from him I just know it’s tradition
Lol sorry just wanna show that I appreciate his work on Serebii I didn’t mean that you in particular shouldn’t expect it

Red and Blue

Well Meltan didnt have much opportunity to do much due to it being a late capture. And SM's lack of battles in general. Despite that it still pulled its weight as a team member more than Poipole ever did.

If Poipole does return people will complain about it getting boosted offscreen. At least with Meltan you can see the progress

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't expecting Hiroki to possibly make it into the Top 16. Of course the downside to this is that it means one less spot available for one of the more important characters. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if both Musashi and Kojirou end up getting the short end of the stick.

Red and Blue

I wasn't expecting Hiroki to possibly make it into the Top 16. Of course the downside to this is that it means one less spot available for one of the more important characters. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if both Musashi and Kojirou end up getting the short end of the stick.
Viren is competing as well. He might end up taking one of the sixteen spots. I could see him as Kiawe's first opponent

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Honestly, with Ash's league experience, he should triumph over everyone in this league. However, this is the Pokémon Anime that we're talking about. This is the anime where we saw a Charizard eat a high powered water shuriken and not get KO'ed. If Ash jobs out to Gladion I won't be surprised one bit.

My gut says Ash will win this league, but in the back of my mind I refuse to get my hopes up.

ShadowForce720

so is there any particular matches that you want to see like do you have a top 3 or top 5 matchs up that you would like to see during the league?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash vs Gladion
Kiawe vs Lana
Ash vs Hau
Ash vs Kiawe
Ash vs Guzma
pretty much this for me, as well as a lillie-gladion teamup in the battle royale (an ash-gladion teamup too, which thankfully is very likely due to the corocoro ichiban image)

SoundVoltex

Technically speaking, Kanto and Unova did have full 6v6 battles. Ash was just booted before reaching that round in Kanto and his opponent in Unova, as we all know, brought only 5 to what was supposed to be a 6v6. This may very well be the only League to completely lack any form of a 6v6 at this point.

There's too much contrasting with this League compared to the others, though, that makes the lack of a 6v6 egregious. After all, the most different one is Hoenn, which had double battles going straight to a 6v6. Every other League had, at worst, a 1v1 qualifying round before starting with 3v3 at the Top 64 until the 6v6 battles began. The Alola League is looking like 1v1s until the later rounds that will finally be 3v3s.

Even in-universe, there's something iffy about that, since how can Ash definitively claim to win a League if it's not even with the type of battle that tests your endurance as a trainer?
I basically agree with this statement. 6 vs 6 should be included in the pinnacle of Pokemon battling, anime wise.

Story wise and league wise, even if there's a lack of 6 vs 6 battles, we're talking about the grand stage here... the end of a generation of Pokemon. It just feels empty knowing that Ash is likely going into the League with only five Pokemon on hand. We know for a fact he has Pokemon with Oak right now, so who knows.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Alrighty, so it's getting close to time! Let's take a quick crack at what I expect/hope to see from this League (some of this logical prediction, some of it more hopeful):

- the remaining type Z-Moves get shown off by Acerola, Mina, Plumeria, and Faba; would be great to see Acerola using Palossand, and hopefully we'll be getting a Salazzle appearance from Plumeria
- maybe a Rowlet vs. Decidueye rematch, but I could also see Hau getting taken down Barry/Bianca/Tierno style by Gladion or Guzma; either way, I'll be surprised if Decidueye doesn't show off its Z-Move
- Mallow and Tsareena finally pull of Bloom Doom, and Shaymin goes Sky Forme at a vital moment
- Lillie and Gladion finally get a chance to spar? I'd rather see Gladion beat Lillie then most of the other candidates; would especially work if Magearna gets its act together and joins the fray
- Ash vs. Kiawe, with Torracat vs. Turtonator or Marowak, of course including a massive clash of Inferno Overdrives (real talk though I'll be disappointed if these two don't fight)
- new move(s) for Sandy, maybe Bouncy Bubble? It's weird that we wouldn't have seen it yet but also that is like the dang perfect move for an Eevee owned by Lana
- Togedemaru has several new moves including Pin Missile, and it actually busts out a surprise Savage Spin-Out
- Meltan finally uses Corkscrew Crash
- Meltan evolution? Honestly I'd be really surprised if it doesn't eventually evolve (or merge back with its friends, however this works), and here would be the logical place for it to happen
- Ash vs. Gladion could hopefully be a 3v3 so that we can see more of Gladion's Pokemon in action; at the very least I figure it'll be 2v2 so Ash can have a showdown against both Lycanroc and Silvally
- Pikachu/Rowlet/Torracat vs. Umbreon/Zoroark, Lycanroc vs. Lycanroc, Meltan/Melmetal vs. Silvally? Or maybe another Lycanroc vs. Silvally match?
- Pikachu vs. Golisopod rematch
- honestly have a hard time seeing Ash NOT win this League given that the prize is a showdown with Masked Royal and Torracat is due for a rematch, but hey, I've been wrong before

Leonhart

Imagineer
_AISP said:
I'm just dying to see what Plumeria and Guzma will do in general.

Plumeri will probably make it into the Top 16 and then lose to whoever she faces there, which I'm personally hoping will be either Suiren or Lilie. As for Guzma, I can't tell if he's going to be a top contender or a jobber who might lose against someone like Hiroki or the Hinbass fisherman.

DatsRight

It battled in the Malice Kanto Gym Filler against Ryuki, where it also endured multiple hits from a Druddigon

I consider Meltan at least in the second phase of battle experience, as in that it's been only in low tier battles, but at least non-curbstomp ones that show it can defend as well as hit hard. Vikavolt is sort of on the same league. They can last against a fearsome opponent and their trainer can be halfway clever using them, even if they're still not very experienced.

Nearly all the girls' Pokemon are still in first phase, they've only ever squared off against jobbers, being completely unused to fighting defensively and needing any strategic tactics. Hell all of Mallow's opponents have been so effortless she hasn't even had to learn basic commands.

Last edited:

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
Plumeri will probably make it into the Top 16 and then lose to whoever she faces there, which I'm personally hoping will be either Suiren or Lilie. As for Guzma, I can't tell if he's going to be a top contender or a jobber who might lose against someone like Hiroki or the Hinbass fisherman.

Oh yeah I'm not really talking battle-wise per se, but I agree on the likelihood.