• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Plumeri will probably make it into the Top 16 and then lose to whoever she faces there, which I'm personally hoping will be either Suiren or Lilie. As for Guzma, I can't tell if he's going to be a top contender or a jobber who might lose against someone like Hiroki or the Hinbass fisherman.

I really don't see how Guzma wouldn't be a top contender given that his Golisopod pushed PIKACHU into a corner, including shrugging off a Z-Move like it was nothing. As far as I can tell, the only trainer here that poses as much of a potential threat as Guzma is Gladion.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I truly want to be hyped for this League but I can’t. Just seems like another (Grand) Trial

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I hope we’re shown Delia is watching her son. It would’ve been so nice if she came in person to cheer him on. Forget the fan girls, we’ve got a Queen!

Red and Blue

I hope we’re shown Delia is watching her son. It would’ve been so nice if she came in person to cheer him on. Forget the fan girls, we’ve got a Queen!
Yeah it is odd that Delish flew out to Alola twice yet isn't attending the League in person. Unless she shows up for the final match with Kukui

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
You know, in the case ash wins, I feel like his match with Kukui will be later on, I mean, the league will most likely have the biggest animators here, but if ash wins, aside from the battle royal, there will be 4 ash battles+ash vs kukui, which could be very taxing, so maybe there's something happening after the ceremony and ash vs kukui happens in one of the last episodes?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I really don't see how Guzma wouldn't be a top contender given that his Golisopod pushed PIKACHU into a corner, including shrugging off a Z-Move like it was nothing. As far as I can tell, the only trainer here that poses as much of a potential threat as Guzma is Gladion.

He isn't the "hated boss who beats you down and beats you down and never lets up" for nothing. In the games at least, Guzma easily wipes the floor with Gladion, so out of the two, Guzma would be Ash's most challenging rival in the League. However, I disagree with the notion that Golisopod shrugged off the Z-Move like it was nothing. It activated Emergency Exit immediately afterwards, something that doesn't really happen unless Golisopod feels like it could lose.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
He isn't the "hated boss who beats you down and beats you down and never lets up" for nothing. In the games at least, Guzma easily wipes the floor with Gladion, so out of the two, Guzma would be Ash's most challenging rival in the League. However, I disagree with the notion that Golisopod shrugged off the Z-Move like it was nothing. It activated Emergency Exit immediately afterwards, something that doesn't really happen unless Golisopod feels like it could lose.
not to mention that it took him a bit to repel it, so it was clearly putting in some effort (same thing for the initial thunderbolt)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Say what you will, I'm still expecting this to be a better league than Unova.
Although I don’t agree with loons who don’t call this an official league, the Unova league is superior for the simple reason Trip, Bianca, Stephen and Cameron (loosely) were portrayed as competent enough trainers to enter. Lillie, Kiawe, Sophocles and definitely Mallow and Lana are not.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Although I don’t agree with loons who don’t call this an official league, the Unova league is superior for the simple reason Trip, Bianca, Stephen and Cameron (loosely) were portrayed as competent enough trainers to enter. Lillie, Kiawe, Sophocles and definitely Mallow and Lana are not.
At least Lana and Kiawe have been shown training (which probably paints giant "SURPRISE EARLY KNOCKOUT" targets on their backs), and Lillie and Sophocles are smart enough to use strategy to outplay stronger opponents. Mallow is the least battle-oriented of the group, and therefore, the most likely to get through.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
In a positive note about this League, at the very least most of it's participants are all characters who have appeared before and have had their focus episodes, so there's no chance for another "Tobias Case".

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If they have time to come up with one, which a free-for-all doesn't allow

People getting through who have no right to do so is a foregone conclusion so it's really not worth contemplating

Plus, that makes knockouts much more satisfying
It's called thinking on your feet. People are probably going to ignore Lillie for a while and Sophocles doesn't stand out. They'll both have time to think up something. Perhaps they can even team up.

Sham

At least Lana and Kiawe have been shown training (which probably paints giant "SURPRISE EARLY KNOCKOUT" targets on their backs), and Lillie and Sophocles are smart enough to use strategy to outplay stronger opponents. Mallow is the least battle-oriented of the group, and therefore, the most likely to get through.
Training doesn’t really matter when we’ve seen RIVALS battle more than them. Lana and Sophocles have had one battle in one hundred episodes and we’re suppose to believe they’re on Ash’s (or anyone else’s) level? It’s nice to see they’re training practicing moves but this whole series is a contradiction to past series were battles were seen as a large portion of getting your Pokémon stronger. I like SM but the classmates in the league is just off.

ShadowForce720

Training doesn’t really matter when we’ve seen RIVALS battle more than them. Lana and Sophocles have had one battle in one hundred episodes and we’re suppose to believe they’re on Ash’s (or anyone else’s) level? It’s nice to see they’re training practicing moves but this whole series is a contradiction to past series were battles were seen as a large portion of getting your Pokémon stronger. I like SM but the classmates in the league is just off.

Except I don't think the anime said or implies that Lana and Sophocles or some of the other characters are at the same level as Ash. Just because they are entering the league does not mean there at the same level as Ash, I mean don't forget this league is open to anyone who signs up so it makes sense that there would be people of varying levels of skill entering, so there isn't anything that prevents Lana or the other classmates from entering if they want since there is no restrictions, and plus I think it's important to point out that we've seen in the previews that there are trainers that are weaker then the classmates entering this league as we see some with pokemon like Happiny and Pichu that seem to still be pretty inexperienced.

D

Deleted member 384931

Lol image Jessie and James using the names of the assistants of Prof Sycamore they already look like them.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

Eh, this is an anime where just about anyone can get a random competence boost at any time whether it’s deserved or not. Yeah most of the main cast here hasn’t had much of a battle outing but I’m still expecting at least decent showings from the gang here. Especially Kiawe, idk where the idea that he isn’t a competent trainer came from, considering a) he’s the only one of the companions with official battle experience, and he actually beat Olivia at some point in the past, b) he is the only one with three Pokemon, c) all of his Pokemon have full well-rounded movesets and can use a Z-Move. Honestly I’d put him on a comparative level to the secondary/tertiary rivals of past sagas, and definitely worthy of a good fight here.

Sham

Eh, this is an anime where just about anyone can get a random competence boost at any time whether it’s deserved or not. Yeah most of the main cast here hasn’t had much of a battle outing but I’m still expecting at least decent showings from the gang here. Especially Kiawe, idk where the idea that he isn’t a competent trainer came from, considering a) he’s the only one of the companions with official battle experience, and he actually beat Olivia at some point in the past, b) he is the only one with three Pokemon, c) all of his Pokemon have full well-rounded movesets and can use a Z-Move. Honestly I’d put him on a comparative level to the secondary/tertiary rivals of past sagas, and definitely worthy of a good fight here.
However the “competence boost” was never this severe. You can argue it’s been done before but but it’s never been this obvious. Literally show me a character besides possibly Serena who didn’t participate that much in battle but somehow became a “good” battler with strong Pokémon.

Except I don't think the anime said or implies that Lana and Sophocles or some of the other characters are at the same level as Ash. Just because they are entering the league does not mean there at the same level as Ash, I mean don't forget this league is open to anyone who signs up so it makes sense that there would be people of varying levels of skill entering, so there isn't anything that prevents Lana or the other classmates from entering if they want since there is no restrictions, and plus I think it's important to point out that we've seen in the previews that there are trainers that are weaker then the classmates entering this league as we see some with pokemon like Happiny and Pichu that seem to still be pretty inexperienced.
Fine. Then if that’s the case when one of the classmates battles somebody who’s clearly stronger than them (Gladion, Illama, Guzma and possibly Hau) they need to lose since according to the previews their wins are due to simply battling someone weaker.