• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
Nearly all the girls' Pokemon are still in first phase, they've only ever squared off against jobbers, being completely unused to needing any defensive tactics.

I think their lack of defensive maneuvers will be their downfall in the end since their Pokemon might be able to land powerful hits via their Z-Moves, but if they don't finish off their opponents with those, then they'll practically be sitting ducks.

JC317

By the way, we still don't know the format of the league after the 151 Pokemon Battle Royale right?

I was thinking, Battle Royals (the 4-Pokemon battles) are an important part of Alolan culture, so I don't think Professor Kukui would leave that out of the league.

So, what if after this first round where there's only 16 trainers left, they are put into 4 groups of Battle Royals to fight? As such, only during the top 4 (semifinals) would we get one-on-one battles.

That way, we would go from 151 to 16 to 4 competitors really quickly without skipping any battles, and we would potentially get more episodes allocated to the one-on-one trainer matches.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
However the “competence boost” was never this severe. You can argue it’s been done before but but it’s never been this obvious. Literally show me a character besides possibly Serena who didn’t participate that much in battle but somehow became a “good” battler with strong Pokémon.

Fine. Then if that’s the case when one of the classmates battles somebody who’s clearly stronger than them (Gladion, Illama, Guzma and possibly Hau) they need to lose since according to the previews their wins are due to simply battling someone weaker.

Well yeah that’s certainly fair, I don’t think anyone’s expecting the companion group to be able to measure up to Guzma or Gladion. Probably not Hau or Ilima either but idk, at least those two have been absent enough to potentially justify them being weaker than might be assumed. But still doubtful tbh, I’m not expecting the gang to probably beat any of them. MAYBE Kiawe could but I’m still banking on him fighting Ash anyway.

By the way, we still don't know the format of the league after the 151 Pokemon Battle Royale right?

I was thinking, Battle Royals (the 4-Pokemon battles) are an important part of Alolan culture, so I don't think Professor Kukui would leave that out of the league.

So, what if after this first round where there's only 16 trainers left, they are put into 4 groups of Battle Royals to fight? That way, only during the top 4 (semifinals) would we get one-on-one battles.

That way, we would go from 151 to 16 to 4 competitors really quickly without skipping any battles, and we would potentially get more episodes allocated to the one-on-one trainer matches.

You know I could actually see this happening. Would give everyone a chance to show off while also quickly pushing things ahead to the real contenders. And it would still let everyone show off a bit.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well yeah that’s certainly fair, I don’t think anyone’s expecting the companion group to be able to measure up to Guzma or Gladion. Probably not Hau or Ilima either but idk, at least those two have been absent enough to potentially justify them being weaker than might be assumed. But still doubtful tbh, I’m not expecting the gang to probably beat any of them. MAYBE Kiawe could but I’m still banking on him fighting Ash anyway.

You know I could actually see this happening. Would give everyone a chance to show off while also quickly pushing things ahead to the real contenders. And it would still let everyone show off a bit.
True. But then I feel like the whole league is just one big battle royal. Even rotation/tripple battles in BW didnt got used so much

So, what if after this first round where there's only 16 trainers left, they are put into 4 groups of Battle Royals to fight? As such, only during the top 4 (semifinals) would we get one-on-one battles.

As long as we don't have episode titles, anything is possible. This actually sounds plausible.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Speaking of which, we should be getting titles by saturday
Perhaps...although SM has been very slow with titles before. Up to the day before without them.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think their lack of defensive maneuvers will be their downfall in the end since their Pokemon might be able to land powerful hits via their Z-Moves, but if they don't finish off their opponents with those, then they'll practically be sitting ducks.

I could fully imagine a scene when the girls evolve Eevee and Vulpix, as well as form change Shaymin exactly at the same time.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
This is pretty buildup to Satoshi battle in the alola Pokemon league!

They tried to make look like Satoshi is going to winning this time around....(i don't think that i buy it)

And i have see the Japanese fan of ani look mad about the build up (Twitter)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Episode-wise, I think this is how it'll go if we get 7 episodes (not counting 128 and a break, which IDK when it'd happen):
either:
129: Battle Royale
130: Top 16
131: Top 8
132: Top 4 (1)
133: Top 4 (2)
134: Finals (1)
135: Finals (2)
or
129: Battle Royale (1)
130: Battle Royale (2) and beginning of Top 16
131: Top 16 and beginning of Top 8
132: Top 8
133: Top 4
I feel like the prize match will happen later on, but if it doesn't:
132: Top 4
133: Finals (1)
134: Finals (2)
135: Prize match (though this could be the 2-parter with the finals only being 1 part)

Redstar45

Episode-wise, I think this is how it'll go if we get 8 episodes (counting 128):
either:
132: Top 4 (1)
133: Top 4 (2)
or
129: Battle Royale (1)
130: Battle Royale (2) and beginning of Top 16
131: Top 16 and beginning of Top 8
132: Top 8
133: Top 4
(I feel like the prize match will happen later on)
Remember they did same thing in xy&Z ARC ?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Remember they did same thing in xy&Z ARC ?
IIRC, in XYZ it was:
32: Introduction+Top 64
33: Top 8
34: Top 4 (1)
35: Top 4 (2)
36: Break
37: Finals (1)
38: Finals (2)

Redstar45

No i mean the building up the Pokemon league ?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This is pretty buildup to Satoshi battle in the alola Pokemon league!

They tried to make look like Satoshi is going to winning this time around....(i don't think that i buy it)

And i have see the Japanese fan of ani look mad about the build up (Twitter)
They're mad because of what happened in 2016. The hype bait was apparently massive and convincing enough that people thought he'd win. They should've realized it wasn't going to happen once Pikachu went down, as Ash has won both his major accomplishments (Orange League and Battle Frontier) with Pikachu.

Redstar45

They're mad because of what happened in 2016. The hype bait was apparently massive and convincing enough that people thought he'd win. They should've realized it wasn't going to happen once Pikachu went down, as Ash has won both his major accomplishments (Orange League and Battle Frontier) with Pikachu.
Pretty much yeah !

Leonhart

Imagineer
JC317 said:

I don't know if I'd like a sudden rush in the League's pacing, however. I'm all for speeding things up to a certain extent, but going from 151 trainers to 16 after the Battle Royal and then straight to 4 in the next round after that seems too fast. The League shouldn't be put on fast forward like that.

Dream Lad

Banned
I'm weirdly hyped because I don't know what will happen this league, while also anti-hyped because of how it was built up. Every league prior to this one, I knew Ash would lose. After XY though, once precedent was established of him reaching the finals, now it's possible for him to even win this tournament. Yet, Ash could honestly lose to any of the three among Gladion, Guzma, and Ilima too.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I'm weirdly hyped because I don't know what will happen this league, while also anti-hyped because of how it was built up. Every league prior to this one, I knew Ash would lose. After XY though, once precedent was established of him reaching the finals, now it's possible for him to even win this tournament. Yet, Ash could honestly lose to any of the three among Gladion, Guzma, and Ilima too.

Gladion would probably be the only one I can see Ash lose to but I doubt he'll lose to either Ilima or Guzma especially Guzma.

Hanto

Water Addiction
I dont know why everyone think that Ilima could be a potential League winner. I rather see him as fodder to Guzma/Hau/Gladion to make them a real threat similar to Trevor/Tierno/Barry/Bianca.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's quite funny that we have 2 Pikachus + 1 Raichu as well as 2 Eevees and an Umbreon. Hope Kiawe is the only person with a Charizard...