• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dream Lad said:
Yet, Ash could honestly lose to any of the three among Gladion, Guzma, and Ilima too.

I don't see Guzma or Ilima as potential "dream crushers", personally. Guzma is just bitter at Kukui-hakase and even if he directs his anger towards Satoshi, I think Guzma losing is pretty much a given since he's a villainous team leader, and evil never triumphs over good in this series. As for Ilima: even though he owns an Eievui and the writers love to promote it, I think he'll still lose against Satoshi because there's only so much favoritism that the writers can show towards the Eievui line before it begins to overshadow Pikachu's limelight, which is a big no-no in this franchise.

Red and Blue

Well if Illima is Ash's first opponent than I wouldnt worry about him being the dream crusher. Assuming Guzma is Ash's final opponent he is his only true obstacle to victory

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Interesting enough this is the first narratively driven league since Sinnoh, whereas Alan, Kotetsu, Shooti, and Shouta were simply functional rivals and fights Guzma functions in similar vein to Shinji. Presenting a story-driven obstacle for Satoshi to overcome, Guzma’s goal of destroying the league from within and past with Hala and Professor Kukui as well as previous bout against Satoshi where Pikachu was on the ropes and poisoned offers a more personal confrontation at the Alola League. As well as allowing Satoshi the chance to “save” the Alola League like he’s expressed love for and protected Alola previously, hell he helped raise the legendary deity of the region even. I really love S&M’s usage of story driven battling that serves a purpose with substance to add to a character’s growth and arc (Lugarugan/Kuchinasu was really good for example) so I can’t wait for Satoshi/Guzma or Kukui/Guzma fights

Leonhart

Imagineer
Remix2 said:
I feel like this league really will benefit with having a wildcard opponent in it

Wildcard as in someone like Takuto who can just appear and win the League with little effort? I was expecting someone similar to him to show up in this week's episode, but it seems like everyone who is supposed to be important was either already shown in that episode or has been revealed in the previews and summaries for the next one.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Wildcard as in someone like Takuto who can just appear and win the League with little effort? I was expecting someone similar to him to show up in this week's episode, but it seems like everyone who is supposed to be important was either already shown in that episode or has been revealed in the previews and summaries for the next one.
What about Satoshi's counterpart Dia ?....i would be okay with him winning the Pokemon league as i sort see him as what Satoshi could be in the future.

ShadowForce720

What about Satoshi's counterpart Dia ?....i would be okay with him winning the Pokemon league as i sort see him as what Satoshi could be in the future.

Considering Dia's relationship with Ash, I'm pretty sure that he would come greet Ash during the reception if he was going to be in the league, not only that but let's not forget Dia is in another dimension.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No otherworldly trainers allowed! Go win your own otherworldly leagues!

...Plus, last I checked, his dimension's a mess.
still hoping he appears again post-league (there's most likely going to be some dimension hopping going on)

Hanto

Water Addiction

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:

I had forgotten about him, but I now remember that he and Satoshi promised to battle each other again. Of course that was probably not meant to be actual foreshadowing for Dia's return given that he's from an alternate dimension, so I doubt he'd show up despite the fact that I'd like to see Zeraora again since it's one of my favorite Gen VII Pokemon.

p96822

Evolve me please
Interesting enough this is the first narratively driven league since Sinnoh, whereas Alan, Kotetsu, Shooti, and Shouta were simply functional rivals and fights Guzma functions in similar vein to Shinji. Presenting a story-driven obstacle for Satoshi to overcome, Guzma’s goal of destroying the league from within and past with Hala and Professor Kukui as well as previous bout against Satoshi where Pikachu was on the ropes and poisoned offers a more personal confrontation at the Alola League. As well as allowing Satoshi the chance to “save” the Alola League like he’s expressed love for and protected Alola previously, hell he helped raise the legendary deity of the region even. I really love S&M’s usage of story driven battling that serves a purpose with substance to add to a character’s growth and arc (Lugarugan/Kuchinasu was really good for example) so I can’t wait for Satoshi/Guzma or Kukui/Guzma fights

You bring up some good points, but I do feel like this character driven is a lot weaker because Guzma should have appeared earlier in the season. I do like how how Pokémon is doing is this, But I feel like they should have expanded the backstory a little bit more.

As for Ash, I don’t think his speech of protecting The Pokémon league is the great because he had a similar speech about the Kalos Region.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why have people stupid theories that Poipole or Dia are gonna return?
For Poipole, it's so Ash has a 6th member of his team. Dia doesn't really have any reason.

Technically, anyone who though Brock and Misty would show up again was insane until 2017.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Why have people stupid theories that Poipole or Dia are gonna return?

Admittedly the Dia theory seems really unlikely since he's not even in the same dimension as Satoshi and the others, but the Bevenom appearing at the Alola League theory has always had a little more going for it, although I don't think it'll come true either.