• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Seriously?

MOD NOTE: Regardless of terminology being thrown around, it's absolute fact that the open-to-all zero-requirements-for-entering Alola League is not the same kind of tournament as the open-only-to-those-that-have-collected-8-badges leagues we've had before, in the same way the only-a-single-battle-against-the-champ Orange League wasn't the same kind of tournament.

There's nothing wrong with pointing this out, and there's nothing wrong with having opinions about this fact. People are absolutely allowed to think the Alola League doesn't feel like a "real" league, just like people have felt that way about the Orange League for ages.

RedR

Well the Jouto League is still my favorite one out of all the Leagues Satoshi has participated in, so this is pretty interesting. It's just too bad that this League doesn't have someone who's on Shigeru's or Hazuki's level in terms of Satoshi's competition. The best we have are Gladio and Guzma.

I agree! Also, these CoroCoro features are posted weekly, and the June 23rd article talked about the episode about Gladion and threw in a Serena reference at the end! Check out the article here: https://corocoro.jp/58037/

These weekly articles can be found here, so you may want to keep an eye out for the weekly articles here if you're interested:
https://corocoro.jp/tag/アニポケまであとちょっと!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
TBH, we need Kiawe vs Gladion though.

While I could easily see this match-up happening, I think that Gladio's victory would be so expected that it would make the battle feel almost meaningless. I'd only be interested in this match if Kaki uses his Garagara since it's my favorite Pokemon on his team.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
[QUOTE="RedR, post: 18792533, member: 387493 threw in a Serena reference at the end! Check out the article here: https://corocoro.jp/58037/

These weekly articles can be found here, so you may want to keep an eye out for the weekly articles here if you're interested:
https://corocoro.jp/tag/アニポケまであとちょっと Why they threw in Serena reference?!
Weird. I can't read Japanese well enough to understand what that says. Perhaps it has to do with Magearna being from Kalos? Or Ash is gonna crossdress again.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They're just doing a showcase of scenes from past episodes featuring characters in disguise. It's not related to anything in particular.

They talked about Serena disguising herself as Satoshi because that week's episode involved Zoroark disguising itself as other Pokemon. These articles always have these showcases of past episodes that feature something that plays a role in this week's episode. This week's showcase is of the Jouto League (obviously the first in a series where each entry will focus on a different league), two weeks ago the showcase was of past Pokemon-only episodes, three weeks ago it was about that past movie where Celebi sent someone else through time, etc etc.

Dream Lad

Banned
Also, of course they allow anyone to enter at this point: It's their first League ever. They want to make sure they have plenty of participants so that they can even have a tournament. Given what we've seen of Alola as a whole, it seems to me like there aren't going to be a whole lot of trainers out there who have cleared all four Grand Trials. We know of two, and the show is basically hyping up that the people making it to the final rounds will seemingly be nothing but people we've met, which would imply that Satoshi, Gladio and possibly Ilima are literally the only ones there who have cleared all four.

They first need to lay the groundworks and actually see that even having the tournament is a worthwhile endeavor, then they can start instating entry requirements.

Well, they could have still wrote the requirement to be only trainers who have cleared all four Grand Trials, and had it so that would leave Ash, Gladion, Ilima, Hau, and Guzma available among named characters. There could have been 64 trainers, the Battle Royal reduces the field to the last 16, and then we might have gotten more drawn out battles of Ash vs each of those named characters. As it stands now, I don't know if that'll happen if the league is the typical 7 episodes with the classmates also needing to be given focus.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Apologies if this has been posted already, but this little AMV done by the Japanese Pokemon Youtube Channel is basically a highlight of all the past leagues leading up to this one. It somewhat reminds me of that trailer from the Kalos league that showed Ash-Greninja using that monstrous water shuriken that we all thought would win the league (LOL). It has a similar vibe of building up Ash to enter the league. Probably doesn't mean much (although it'd be nice for it to foreshadow a win), I'd just thought I'd put it here for people to see.

I'm actually somewhat optimistic that Ash will have a good placing this league and even win. He'll probably lose to the Masked Royal because he can't be the grand-champion, but I think him winning this sets him up nicely to go to Galar with the whole competitiveness of that region.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I'm actually somewhat optimistic that Ash will have a good placing this league and even win. He'll probably lose to the Masked Royal because he can't be the grand-champion, but I think him winning this sets him up nicely to go to Galar with the whole competitiveness of that region.
Just saying, it's been established that the Royal Mask exhibition match is separate from the League itself, so if Satoshi gets that far, he will be the Champion of Alola.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
So based off the episode titles, we have:

Top 16
Ash vs Faba (Ash confirmed to win)
Ilima vs Guzma (Guzma probably win)
Hau vs Oak (Hau confirmed to win)
Lana vs Mallow (Anyone’s guess)
Sophocles vs Mina (Anyone’s guess)
Jessie vs James (Anyone’s guess)

Assuming Gladion, Kiawe and Lillie proceed, I think we could see:

Gladion vs Kiawe (Gladion probably win)
Lillie vs Acerola/Hiroki/someone else (Lillie probably win)

So the Top 8 May look something like:

Ash
Guzma
Hau
Gladion
Lillie
Lana/Mallow
Sophocles/Mina
Jessie/James

Really can’t call the last three matches tbh