• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Well we can scratch Hau off the Dreamcrusher list. At this point it will either be Guzma or Gladion
I'm just glad Ilima is also scratched off. I know I'm not the only one who finds his forced humility to be grating (not to mention his voice actor has, like, less than zero range).

But I just realized... The Leagues are typically seven episodes long, right? And we now have five episode titles, going up to the top 8, with Satoshi's quarterfinal match getting two episodes dedicated to it...

Is he getting eliminated in the semifinals again? Would be a bit of a disappointing step back... That or the semifinals ends up being against someone whom the show isn't overly concerned about, whereas the other semifinal round would presumably be Guzma VS Gladio in that case, which would be an interesting turn of events...

I dunno, I guess the arc could also be more than seven episodes for once.

Red and Blue

If Lillie and Gladion were to battle I’m 100% sure it’d be the main focus of the episode so I’m betting her and Gladion knock out Acerola and Kiawe respectively in the Top 16
Boy it would suck if Kiawe didnt make it into the top 8. Out off all the classmates he has the most battle experiance and he could be a sacrificial lamb to Gladion, lol

Last edited:

wellwellwells

Seeing that the reminder four are Lillie, Gladion, Kiawe and the Mudbray kid with his Pyukumuku, I am no really sure of what is gonna happen with them.

MK is too easy for Gladion or Kiawe, but that would mean that Kiawe will lose in this round and what was then the point of the Charizard development if he is not even gonna showcase three pokemon.

Torpoleon

I'm just glad Ilima is also scratched off. I know I'm not the only one who finds his forced humility to be grating (not to mention his voice actor has, like, less than zero range).

But I just realized... The Leagues are typically seven episodes long, right? And we now have five episode titles, going up to the top 8, with Satoshi's quarterfinal match getting two episodes dedicated to it...

Is he getting eliminated in the semifinals again? Would be a bit of a disappointing step back... That or the semifinals ends up being against someone whom the show isn't overly concerned about, whereas the other semifinal round would presumably be Guzma VS Gladio in that case, which would be an interesting turn of events...

I dunno, I guess the arc could also be more than seven episodes for once.
Yeah, it's usually about 7, though some can be more and some can be less. Sinnoh's was 8 episodes. It's entirely possible that the Alola League could be 7 or 8 episodes, especially if Ash loses in Top 4 or around there. Ash did regress from his prior league placement when going from Sinnoh to Unova, so they do have precedent for doing that.

Honestly, I kind of hope Ash loses because it would feel weird to me for him to get Top 2 in Kalos with a fully evolved team and awesome animation, and then win one league later with a weaker-looking team and animation that I don't find as epic. I would be satisfied with Top 4 (though I guess as long as it is not Top 8 for the 4th time, that would be good too). Guess we'll see what happens. Either way, the league will probably be over sometime in August.

dman_dustin

May we address the poster with Ash, Ilmia, Gladion, Guzma, and Hau.

What the hell was the point of it, if Ash wasn't going to battle those trainers. I mean maybe someone chose Ilmia by accident over Faba which okay fine, does that mean the other matchups work?

I mean. we do have Hau confirmed. Does that mean Guzma and Gladion confirmed for Ash's battles?

Or does this mean that Gladion will actually battle against Guzma?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

What the hell was the point of it, if Ash wasn't going to battle those trainers. I mean maybe someone chose Ilmia by accident over Faba which okay fine, does that mean the other matchups work?

I mean. we do have Hau confirmed. Does that mean Guzma and Gladion confirmed for Ash's battles?

Is it confirmed that Gladion is battling Kiawe or is that just speculation? I could see Guzma knocking Kiawe, then Gladion out, thus giving Ash even more of a reason to defeat him.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls

It may have just been "These are the strongest trainers in the League", I guess?

dman_dustin

Is it confirmed that Gladion is battling Kiawe or is that just speculation? I could see Guzma knocking Kiawe, then Gladion out, thus giving Ash even more of a reason to defeat him.

I meant later not the first round, and I honestly don't know. I don't even know who Hau is battling in the first round.

TheWanderingMist

Here's all the known first round machups:
Ash vs. Faba
Guzma vs. Ilima
Hau vs. Samson Oak
Mallow vs. Lana
Sophocles vs. Mina
Jessie vs. James

The other two machups are currently unknown.
Well, under the assumption that Gladion, Kiawe, Lillie, and Hiroki make it through, I see Gladion vs. Kiawe and Lillie vs Hiroki as the most likely matches, with Gladion winning and Lillie/Hiroki being a coin flip. Then Gladion would go against Guzma and lose in the next round, and, having defeated Ash's two main rivals in the region, would be a good match for Ash. Of course, this assumes Ash won't get knocked out by Hau.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Just saying, it's been established that the Royal Mask exhibition match is separate from the League itself, so if Satoshi gets that far, he will be the Champion of Alola.

I get that. What I meant to say was that even if he becomes champion, they aren't going to let him walk out of Alola without losing to someone stronger so he can continue to improve. It's kind of like how he won the Battle Frontier but then lost Gary right before heading to Sinnoh. He's likely not going to beat the Alola League and the Masked Royal (because the writers just can't let him be great).

Dream Lad

Banned
Ever since Ash lost three times to Alain, I think it is in the realm of possibility that he loses to Gladion. If Gladion beats him, then I think there’s a chance Guzma wins it all. With Ash v Hau finishing up in the fifth episode, it would also make the league end up at the average 7 episodes (Ash v Gladion 1 to 1.5 ep, and then remaining quick wrap up of finals where Guzma beats Gladion).

He has a bone to pick with Kukui, so it would set up for a high stakes 1 v 1 since Guzma wants to undo the league that Kukui is trying to build up. We have never had a villain win the league before, so it’s something new, and he can be redeemed after battling Kukui.

TheWanderingMist

Ever since Ash lost three times to Alain, I think it is in the realm of possibility that he loses to Gladion. If Gladion beats him, then I think there’s a chance Guzma wins it all. With Ash v Hau finishing up in the fifth episode, it would also make the league end up at the average 7 episodes (Ash v Gladion 1 to 1.5 ep, and then remaining quick wrap up of finals where Guzma beats Gladion).

He has a bone to pick with Kukui, so it would set up for a high stakes 1 v 1 since Guzma wants to undo the league that Kukui is trying to build up. We have never had a villain win the league before, so it’s something new, and he can be redeemed after battling Kukui.
I still think the villain winning is outside the realm of possibility. Plus, wouldn't him winning immediately prove him right?

ShadowForce720

If Guzma is going to make it to the finals anyone way then they can just have Ash beat Gladion and fight Guzma in the finals. After all they already kind of set up Ash vs Guzma in episode 128, and it's extremely unlikely that they would have done that, that late if we weren't going to get Ash vs Guzma at the league. So I do think it's safe to say that one way or another we are going to be getting Ash vs Guzma at the league, now it's possible that Guzma could surprise us and eliminate Gladion before Gladion even gets to battle Ash and this would further set of Guzma as a bigger threat.

Although I have to agree with Wandering if Guzma wins it would mean that Alola first champion was a villainous team leader who wants to destroy the league and won't let another league happen in Alola again, as there isn't anyway around that if Guzma wins.

Dream Lad

Banned
If Guzma is going to make it to the finals anyone way then they can just have Ash beat Gladion and fight Guzma in the finals. After all they already kind of set up Ash vs Guzma in episode 128, and it's extremely unlikely that they would have done that, that late if we weren't going to get Ash vs Guzma at the league. So I do think it's safe to say that one way or another we are going to be getting Ash vs Guzma at the league, now it's possible that Guzma could surprise us and eliminate Gladion before Gladion even gets to battle Ash and this would further set of Guzma as a bigger threat.

Although I have to agree with Wandering if Guzma wins it would mean that Alola first champion was a villainous team leader who wants to destroy the league and won't let another league happen in Alola again, as there isn't anyway around that if Guzma wins.

Yes they can, but with timing as it is, I don’t know if they can do both (unless rushed) if it’s the usual 7 episode league.

And if Kukui beats him, wouldn’t it avert Guzma from destroying the league? I am just saying this is a possibility.

TheWanderingMist

Yes they can, but with timing as it is, I don’t know if they can do both (unless rushed) if it’s the usual 7 episode league.

And if Kukui beats him, wouldn’t it avert Guzma from destroying the league? I am just saying this is a possibility.
By the time Kukui would face him, he'd be Champion and have proven his point.

ShadowForce720

No it wouldn't, because it wouldn't change the fact that Guzma would still be the first champion of the Alola region. The match with the Masked Royal is just a reward for winning the league, it doesn't matter if Guzma wins or lose that exhibition match as he wouldn't lose the title either way. We don't know if the league is just going to be 7 episodes or if it would be more as we have to wait for more episode titles. That being said however it's safe to say that Ash is going to be battling at Guzma at some point because it's been set up from the start of the league so there not going to foreshadow that fight at the beginning of the league if we weren't going to get it during the league.

No offence, but you seem to be going out of your way to try to pick the most unlikely things to happen and then blow them up as if they are somehow likely to happen, like for instance you did that with the whole Illima thing where you were suggesting that Illima would win the league and beat Ash and were making it sound like, as if it had the same chance of happening as Guzma or Gladion beating Ash. And now that it's confirmed that Illima is fighting Guzma at the Top 16 and will likely lose to Guzma you quickly shifted over to this "oh but Gladion will beat Ash and then lose to Guzma with Ash never facing Guzma during the league even though a league battle between Ash and Guzma was foreshadowed at the start of the league".

I mean I could say that oh James will win the league and that it is a possibility, but does that mean that it suddenly has a equal chance of happening as some other things? No, of course it doesn't.