• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Dream Lad

Banned
No it wouldn't, because it wouldn't change the fact that Guzma would still be the first champion of the Alola region. The match with the Masked Royal is just a reward for winning the league, it doesn't matter if Guzma wins or lose that exhibition match as he wouldn't lose the title either way. We don't know if the league is just going to be 7 episodes or if it would be more as we have to wait for more episode titles. That being said however it's safe to say that Ash is going to be battling at Guzma at some point because it's been set up from the start of the league so there not going to foreshadow that fight at the beginning of the league if we weren't going to get it during the league.

No offence, but you seem to be going out of your way to try to pick the most unlikely things to happen and then blow them up as if they are somehow likely to happen, like for instance you did that with the whole Illima thing where you were suggesting that Illima would win the league and beat Ash and were making it sound like, as if it had the same chance of happening as Guzma or Gladion beating Ash. And now that it's confirmed that Illima is fighting Guzma at the Top 16 and will likely lose to Guzma you quickly shifted over to this "oh but Gladion will beat Ash and then lose to Guzma with Ash never facing Guzma during the league even though a league battle between Ash and Guzma was foreshadowed at the start of the league".

I mean I could say that oh James will win the league and that it is a possibility, but does that mean that it suddenly has a equal chance of happening as some other things? No, of course it doesn't.

I mean I think you’re being slightly harsh here. I never blew anything up and said it was likely to happen. I just raised it as a possibility, and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Thinking back, I feel like people would have expected Ash to lose to Virgil, but instead he lost 6-4 to Cameron. And I feel like people would have expected Ash to beat Alain since he was his rival and had beaten him twice before and all the other setup, but it didn’t happen. So even if it might be foreshadowed or expected, I don’t think it’s wrong to consider other outcomes.

And I definitely think comparing Ilima as a contender to James as a contender is a bit disingenuous. Ilima has potential dreamcrusher qualities unlike James.

ShadowForce720

I mean I think you’re being slightly harsh here. I never blew anything up and said it was likely to happen. I just raised it as a possibility, and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Thinking back, I feel like people would have expected Ash to lose to Virgil, but instead he lost 6-4 to Cameron. And I feel like people would have expected Ash to beat Alain since he was his rival and had beaten him twice before and all the other setup, but it didn’t happen. So even if it might be foreshadowed or expected, I don’t think it’s wrong to consider other outcomes.

And I definitely think comparing Ilima as a contender to James as a contender is a bit disingenuous. Ilima has potential dreamcrusher qualities unlike James.

Except you got to consider how likely something is to happen otherwise one could say that James is going to win the league because it's a possibility. Illima when you really look at him didn't really have dream crusher qualities, really it was just more of over blowing his character just because he had an Eevee and happened to be popular and competed in a past league, there was literally nothing that ever establish Illima as a threat and the whole he is the favorite to win the league or do well in the league was the final nail in the coffin.

As in case you didn't know when that a vast majority of the time in media when a character is said to be the favorite to win a competition or something that is basically the writers way of telling you the character is not going to win, as they almost always lose to another character to hype that character up, of course there are some exceptions but it's extremely rare for a character that is the favorite to win a competition to actually win it and even rare for that character not to be a main character or a major character.

Also is it impossible that Ash won't face Guzma in the league? No, however given the fact that it was foreshadowed at the beginning of the league it's safe to say that the match is going to happen as there would be no reason to foreshadow it that late otherwise. The thing is the possibility your referring to of Ash not facing Guzma at the league is extremely unlikely to where it's not really even worth discussing because otherwise if your saying we should discuss it just because it's a possibility then your opening it up to people saying that Lana or James will win the league etc.

I mean it would be like saying back during the Sinnoh League that Ash would never battle Paul or the Darkrai trainer in the Sinnoh League, as he will lose to Barry who will then lose to Paul who will then lose to the Darkrai trainer all because it's a possibility even though that was extremely unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
May we address the poster with Ash, Ilmia, Gladion, Guzma, and Hau.

What the hell was the point of it, if Ash wasn't going to battle those trainers. I mean maybe someone chose Ilmia by accident over Faba which okay fine, does that mean the other matchups work?

I mean. we do have Hau confirmed. Does that mean Guzma and Gladion confirmed for Ash's battles?

Or does this mean that Gladion will actually battle against Guzma?

Meh, at least Faba is a superior character to Ilima.

It's quite stupid though that Kiawe isn't going to face Ash. Hey, let's give Kiawe and Ash a friendly rivalry yet never have the two do an official battle! And hey, let's give Charizard some development too even though it's practically meaningless as classmates with less than half that Pokemon get more focus!
At this point, I'm actually hoping Guzma knocks Gladion out. I wanna see Kiawe and Ash fight over Gladion and Ash for the fifth time. Ash can always ask Gladion to battle later, or Gladion asks him before he leaves Alola.

Master Pikachu 11

If Guzma is going to make it to the finals anyone way then they can just have Ash beat Gladion and fight Guzma in the finals. After all they already kind of set up Ash vs Guzma in episode 128, and it's extremely unlikely that they would have done that, that late if we weren't going to get Ash vs Guzma at the league. So I do think it's safe to say that one way or another we are going to be getting Ash vs Guzma at the league, now it's possible that Guzma could surprise us and eliminate Gladion before Gladion even gets to battle Ash and this would further set of Guzma as a bigger threat.

Although I have to agree with Wandering if Guzma wins it would mean that Alola first champion was a villainous team leader who wants to destroy the league and won't let another league happen in Alola again, as there isn't anyway around that if Guzma wins.
Exactly which is why Guzma can’t win so if Ash ends up challenging Guzma in the league then Ash has to win otherwise that entire speech that Ash gave last episode would mean nothing. So if anybody is going to be dream crusher then it would unfortunately have to be Gladion, even though that again would mean Ash would never defeat his main rival.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Exactly which is why Guzma can’t win so if Ash ends up challenging Guzma in the league then Ash has to win otherwise that entire speech that Ash gave last episode would mean nothing. So if anybody is going to be dream crusher then it would unfortunately have to be Gladion, even though that again would mean Ash would never defeat his main rival.
remember furfrou guy?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Master Pikachu 11

remember furfrou guy?
This is different then that as this speech was about how they can’t let Guzma win because if Guzma wins then that means he will be successful in destroying the league and will not allow another league to take place in Alola ever again. Which would then destroy all the hard work that Kukui put in to creating this league plus like TR, Guzma is a bad guy so they can’t let the bad guy win.

Master Pikachu 11

so remind me who do we know so far is progressing for certain form the battle royal?
Ash, Sophocles, Lana, Mallow, Mina, Hau, Guzma, Principal Oak, Jessie, James, Illima, and Faba are so far known to survive the BR free for all battle. I assume Gladion will also make it as well. I think Kiawe, Lillie, and either Acerola or Hiroki will take the last spot

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
thanks to both of you.

You know I've noticed some people talking about this league being longer

given the emphasis on the other characters it kind of makes sense to be longer.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
thanks to both of you.

You know I've noticed some people talking about this league being longer

given the emphasis on the other characters it kind of makes sense to be longer.
Yeah, and the fact that 6 (counting the intro) episodes in we're only in the top 8 (unless ash loses in the top 4, which I really doubt). I just hope that it's paced well and that there's enough time so that iwane can animate an ash battle

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If the whole Guzma ordeal wasn't going on, I would have probably thought Oak would win the whole thing lmao.
Well, he's confirmed to lose to Hau anyway now.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yes they can, but with timing as it is, I don’t know if they can do both (unless rushed) if it’s the usual 7 episode league.

And if Kukui beats him, wouldn’t it avert Guzma from destroying the league? I am just saying this is a possibility.
maybe it's not a usual 7 episode league then

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The newly released slew of titles highlights the beauty of the Alola League, we get to watch characters face off whom of which we actually give a crap about and are invested in versus a bunch of rivals or literal who’s. Musashi/Kojirou have they ever battled? In the whole decades of the anime why have they never seriously battled each other yet? Mao and Suiren who are best friends since childhood confront each other in a battle that will narratively represent their friendship thus far? Two episodes for the Hau confrontation which makes up for his less than stellar appearance rate by allowing Mukuroh proper development and buildup to a fight against its final form so there’s gonna be good breathing room between these episodes.

This league is looking great, how good will the actual fights be? I dunno but narratively between Rocket vs. Rocket, PokeGirl fighting, Satoshi proving something to Guzma and Mukuroh’s growth toward a confrontation against its final form. This league is looking like it’ll be a treat. I’m so happy that S&M is invested in its large collection of characters. The writers saw opportunity and a chance to break away from the same formula we’ve been watching for years and went for it. By the end of the series S&M will at least go down as the Pokemon series to actually try real new things even if the writers return to a more formulaic quest and saga with Sword and Shield.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm liking what we know of the league thus far, but the actual execution will determine if I put SM above AG, at its level, below it, or even below OS