• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Say no more!

Kiawe: Hot-Blooded Volcano
Sophocles: Fighting Programmer Boy
Lillie: Blooming Ice Flower of Alola
Lana: Sharp-Tongued Mermaid
Mallow: Magnificent Battle Chef
Hau: Said to Have Benefited From His Grandfather (Literally: To Say with Seven Lights) (This one I'm not sure)
Acerola: Idol of the Spiritual World
Mina: Wandering Battle Painter
Ilima: Lovely Normal Prince
Guzma: Emperor of Destruction
Faba: Alola's King of Inventions
Jessie: Battlefield Artist
James: White Hole Soldier
Principal Oak: Man of a Thousand Poke-Faces
Gladion: Young Noble of the Pale Blue Moon
Ash: Full-Powered Challenger
For Hau, a better translation would probably be "Riding on His Grandfather's Coattails". I remember reading something about that particular expression once long ago in a translator's notes section of some manga.

JC317

For Hau, a better translation would probably be "Riding on His Grandfather's Coattails". I remember reading something about that particular expression once long ago in a translator's notes section of some manga.

Awesome! Thanks, I'll update my post.

On another note, they're being kind of negative to Hau with that description. Couldn't they have come up with something more positive?

JC317

The only reference I'm sure of is Principal Oak: Man of a Thousand Faces is a famous film. This could also be a tribute to the late Unsho Ishizuka, as the film told the life story of a famous silent film actor who died to cancer.

Lana could be a reference to Misty, who's known as the tomboyish mermaid.

I've mentioned this before, but Guzma never actually referred to himself as the Emperor of Destruction in the games. As such, Emperor of Destruction, both the title given to Guzma as well as the episode title from before, could be a reference to the title of the third Pokemon film, Emperor of the Crystal Tower. (Also, fitting that a prince would lose to an emperor.)

Finally, Full-Powered (全力) has become somewhat of a catchphrase for Ash, given that he says it almost every time he performs a Z-move.

Last edited:

Kdude146

Here is my predictions for the Alola League

Top 16

Ash vs Faba - Ash wins
Ilima vs Guzma - Guzma wins
Hau vs Samson - Hau wins
Mallow vs Lana - Lana wins
Scophocles vs Mina - Scophocles wins
Jessie vs James - Jessie wins
Kiawe vs Acerola - Kiawe wins
Lille vs Gladion - Gladion wins

Top 8

Ash vs Hau - Ash wins
Lana vs Guzma - Guzma wins
Scophocles vs Kiawe - Kiawe wins
Jessie vs Gladion - Gladion wins

Top 4

Kiawe vs Guzma - Guzma wins
Ash vs Gladion - Ash wins

Final Match

Ash vs Guzma - Guzma wins

Guzma vs Masked Royal - Masked Royal wins

In the final moment of that battle there is an explosion and the impact make the mask come off and everyone finds out Kukui is The Masked Royal. This battle opens Guzma's eyes and he sees how he was wrong and gives up his title of champion to Kukui so he can go train and earn it again probably.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I’m rooting for James to win. So it seems that Ash is battling his rivals, I wonder if one of those rivals will beat Kiawe. I’d rather not see Lana or Sophocles battling him. Kiawe against Gladion is a good matchup.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Here is my predictions for the Alola League

Top 16

Ash vs Faba - Ash wins
Ilima vs Guzma - Guzma wins
Hau vs Samson - Hau wins
Mallow vs Lana - Lana wins
Scophocles vs Mina - Scophocles wins
Jessie vs James - Jessie wins
Kiawe vs Acerola - Kiawe wins
Lille vs Gladion - Gladion wins

Top 8

Ash vs Hau - Ash wins
Lana vs Guzma - Guzma wins
Scophocles vs Kiawe - Kiawe wins
Jessie vs Gladion - Gladion wins

Top 4

Kiawe vs Guzma - Guzma wins
Ash vs Gladion - Ash wins

Final Match

Ash vs Guzma - Guzma wins

Guzma vs Masked Royal - Masked Royal wins

In the final moment of that battle there is an explosion and the impact make the mask come off and everyone finds out Kukui is The Masked Royal. This battle opens Guzma's eyes and he sees how he was wrong and gives up his title of champion to Kukui so he can go train and earn it again probably.

Given how Plumeria played dirty to benefit Guzma, if Guzma beats Ilima, I don't see him winning the League. Even if the Masked Royal beats him, Guzma will have still accomplished his mission of winning the League so he can destroy it, which would leave a horrible taste in people's mouths.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Given how Plumeria played dirty to benefit Guzma, if Guzma beats Ilima, I don't see him winning the League. Even if the Masked Royal beats him, Guzma will have still accomplished his mission of winning the League so he can destroy it, which would leave a horrible taste in people's mouths.
But, I don't think that there's a lot of other options.

Remix2

Given how the match’s are set up, I’m starting to think that Gladion will be the final opponent for ash instead of Gruzma.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I highly doubt that Ash is winning.

Do you really think they'll have a "Bad Guy wins" scenario in Pokémon and have the Alola League be destroyed? Because if Guzma wins, the Alola League will be destroyed. That's Guzma's goal. The match against the Masked Royal is an exhibition match. And even if Guzma loses that, which he would, it would be a case of Kukui winning the battle but losing the war since Guzma would still be Champion and be able to destroy the Alola League. And after that, it would be highly difficult for Kului to simply make another League even should Guzma get arrested, killed, or banished to another dimension. The stigma of having Kukui's League being won by scum like Guzma would stick around for a long time. The only way I can see Guzma beating Ash is if he faces Ash in a round other than the finals. If it's the finals, then Ash will win because if he doesn't, he will be a true failure for not only losing the League, but allowing it to be destroyed and/or discredited by Guzma, which would leave a horrible taste in everyone's mouth.

Given how the match’s are set up, I’m starting to think that Gladion will be the final opponent for ash instead of Guzma.

I can easily see this being the case.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There's technically nothing wrong with Ash winning, being the Alola 'champion' seems more equal to the likes of Orange League champion.
Ash isn't beating Elite Four level trainers or a Champion level one for the title. If Ash were to beat somebody like Lance or Cynthia, then yeah... his character needs to retire. That's literally 'game over' as they can't really top those battles with him as the lead.

I just hope the Galar League ends up having Ash win too, so we can finally see what the winner gets to do in an official League. Does Ash get to challenge the Elite Four right away? What happens? So many mysteries that can be explained after 25 years. Ash doesn't even need to win against the first Elite Four member, it'd just be nice to see him officially battle one for a change instead of getting curbstomped

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I thought that the guys in charge of the anime said that Ash is not winning a league until the series's end.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Another possibility is that Ash loses in the semifinals to Gladion who then goes on to beat Guzma.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Ash isn't beating Elite Four level trainers or a Champion level one for the title.

I'm going to disagree there. We have enough evidence now to put Alola on a comparable level to past leagues, and Alola's top talent (Ilima, Guzma, Kukui) to be E4/Champion tier.

In SM139, Kiawe beat a Metagross and arguably a Salamence. Guzma's Scizor defeated a Kommo-o and will have to get through Ilima's Mega Kangaskhan next week. Ash, Mallow, and Gladion have legendary Pokemon. Ilima has a Mega AND Z-Moves.

Alola is the first, and only league ever to have pseudos, Megas, legends and Z-Moves. Kanto/Johto didn't have any of that, and no other league after Sinnoh had legends. After seeing the Battle Royale, which mostly had evolved Pokemon and not jokes or babies, the Top 16 survivors have instant credibility given what they had to go up against and what they're packing.

Not even considering Z-Moves, those feats and power are absolutely on par with prior series. I have a hard time believing Malva's Mega Houndoom could die to Mega Charizard X's Blast Burn, but tank a +2 Inferno Overdrive from a Turtonator who (without boosts) could easily parry a Salamence. Even if it could tank the hit...what would it do to a Pokemon who x4 resists Fire?

At the end of the day, what people seem to care about are superficial awards like badges or titles, which is foolishness. E4/Champions are not strong because of their titles, they get their titles by being strong. Outside of Sinnoh we rarely see them demonstrating that strength by beating powerful opponents. Here we've seen powerful opponents fall, so that's enough to establish strength. That's ultimately all that should really matter.

e9310103838

It's meaning should be that he is short-listed by strength himself than by riding on someone’s coattails. (七光リとは言わせな い) ;)

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm going to disagree there. We have enough evidence now to put Alola on a comparable level to past leagues, and Alola's top talent (Ilima, Guzma, Kukui) to be E4/Champion tier.

In SM139, Kiawe beat a Metagross and arguably a Salamence. Guzma's Scizor defeated a Kommo-o and will have to get through Ilima's Mega Kangaskhan next week. Ash, Mallow, and Gladion have legendary Pokemon. Ilima has a Mega AND Z-Moves.

Alola is the first, and only league ever to have pseudos, Megas, legends and Z-Moves. Kanto/Johto didn't have any of that, and no other league after Sinnoh had legends. After seeing the Battle Royale, which mostly had evolved Pokemon and not jokes or babies, the Top 16 survivors have instant credibility given what they had to go up against and what they're packing.

Not even considering Z-Moves, those feats and power are absolutely on par with prior series. I have a hard time believing Malva's Mega Houndoom could die to Mega Charizard X's Blast Burn, but tank a +2 Inferno Overdrive from a Turtonator who (without boosts) could easily parry a Salamence. Even if it could tank the hit...what would it do to a Pokemon who x4 resists Fire?

At the end of the day, what people seem to care about are superficial awards like badges or titles, which is foolishness. E4/Champions are not strong because of their titles, they get their titles by being strong. Outside of Sinnoh we rarely see them demonstrating that strength by beating powerful opponents. Here we've seen powerful opponents fall, so that's enough to establish strength. That's ultimately all that should really matter.
Turtonator is strong, but not "can fight and survive against primal groudon" strong (until something else comes, I can and will keep citing the SME act 3 fight as the biggest feat of any trainer in the anime),