• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My predictions:

Ash vs Faba: Ash
Hau vs Oak: Hau
Illima vs Guzma: Guzma
Mallow vs Lana: Lana
Sophocles vs Mina: Mina
Gladion vs Lillie: Gladion
Jessie vs James: James
Kaiwe vs Acerola: Kiawe

Ash vs Hau: Ash
Guzma vs James: Guzma
Kiawe vs Lana: Kiawe
Gladion vs Mina: Gladion

Ash vs Gladion: Ash
Kiawe vs Guzma: Guzma

Ash vs Guzma: Could go either way imo. Leaning towards Ash

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
My predictions:

Illima vs Guzma: Guzma
Mallow vs Lana: Lana
Sophocles vs Mina: Mina
Gladion vs Lillie: Gladion
Kaiwe vs Acerola: Kiawe

Guzma vs James: Guzma
Kiawe vs Lana: Kiawe
Gladion vs Mina: Gladion

Ash vs Gladion: Ash
Kiawe vs Guzma: Guzma

Ash vs Guzma: Could go either way imo. Leaning towards Ash

That’s exactly how I think Top 16 and Top 8 will go. However I feel like Ash vs Gladion would be Top 2 and Ash vs Guzma would be Top 4. I only think this because Ash defeating Gladion has been building up since SM27 and I feel like it will probably be more than a 1v1 whereas Ash vs Guzma I could see being 2v2 max.

On that note what does everyone think Ash vs Gladion will be? 3v3? If so I hope Lycanroc defeats both Lycanroc and Silvally. It’d be cool if they had a 5v5 but I doubt it

Leonhart

Imagineer
The finalized Top 16 took me by surprise since I wasn't expecting to see Acerola make it past the Battle Royal. The fact that all of Satoshi's classmates made it through rankles me a bit however, because some of the Pokemon that they faced in the Battle Royal seemed stronger than theirs, which made their progress into the next round seem somewhat contrived.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Ash did lose, I'd rather it be to Acerola. Not Mina
The treatment the Alola E4 received is just absurd. Molayne, minor role in one episode. Kahili, one-off episode and not even shown being eliminated in the Battle Royale(Seriously, why couldn't they show Ash/Gladion/Kiawe eliminating her?). Acerola, never battled until now and only appeared once after the Ula'Ula arc. Olivia and Hala are really the only ones to have great treatment, but they're still Kahunas.
Truthfully, Mina shouldn't have been included at all. Replace her with Ryuki, let Kiawe have a rematch and have Soph lose to Acerola.

What I'd prefer-
Mallow vs Lana: Mallow
Gladion vs Lillie: Gladion duh
Soph vs Mina: Soph
Kiawe vs Acerola: Kiawe

Guzma vs Gladion: Guzma
Mallow vs James: James
Kiawe vs Soph: Kiawe

Ash vs Kiawe: Ash
James vs Guzma: Guzma
followed by Ash vs Guzma: Guzma
OR
Ash vs Guzma: Ash
Kiawe vs James: Kiawe
Ash vs Kiawe: Kiawe

That whole 'battling Ash changed this person' cliche is obviously going to happen with Guzma, Guzma winning can still work
I personally don't give a damn about Ash vs Gladion, the stakes aren't really there... Gladion getting fed to Guzma actually would make him look more deadly, unlike feeding Bianca and Tierno/Trevor of all characters.... Gladion's powerful unlike them!
I want Kiawe to receive the respect he deserves, tired of him being hyped up as this big battler since the start when he's not won a single big battle... it's the opposite of funny.
Being the champion is literally 'the fire of Alola'

Master Pikachu 11

My predictions for the top 8 are Ash, Hau, Guzma, Gladion, Sophocles, Kiawe, and I will go with the underdogs of Mallow, and James. I think Mallow will win because she is by far considered the underdog in this fight as many don’t expect her to win and we didn’t see Shaymin battle at all so I think she could end up beating Lana. James is another underdog that most see losing to Jessie, but I think he will win because he is determined to take on Royal Mask and has more motivation to do that then Jessie who could care less about Royal Mask. I think Mearnie will evolve and give James the victory. The top 8 battles that I believe will go Ash vs Hau, Guzma vs James, Kiawe vs Sophocles (which would be similar to Mallow and Lana and be a battle between another two close friends), Gladion vs Mallow.

Decidueye23

If Ash did lose, I'd rather it be to Acerola. Not Mina
The treatment the Alola E4 received is just absurd. Molayne, minor role in one episode. Kahili, one-off episode and not even shown being eliminated in the Battle Royale(Seriously, why couldn't they show Ash/Gladion/Kiawe eliminating her?). Acerola, never battled until now and only appeared once after the Ula'Ula arc. Olivia and Hala are really the only ones to have great treatment, but they're still Kahunas.
Truthfully, Mina shouldn't have been included at all. Replace her with Ryuki, let Kiawe have a rematch and have Soph lose to Acerola.

What I'd prefer-
Mallow vs Lana: Mallow
Gladion vs Lillie: Gladion duh
Soph vs Mina: Soph
Kiawe vs Acerola: Kiawe

Guzma vs Gladion: Guzma
Mallow vs James: James
Kiawe vs Soph: Kiawe

Ash vs Kiawe: Ash
James vs Guzma: Guzma
followed by Ash vs Guzma: Guzma
OR
Ash vs Guzma: Ash
Kiawe vs James: Kiawe
Ash vs Kiawe: Kiawe

That whole 'battling Ash changed this person' cliche is obviously going to happen with Guzma, Guzma winning can still work
I personally don't give a damn about Ash vs Gladion, the stakes aren't really there... Gladion getting fed to Guzma actually would make him look more deadly, unlike feeding Bianca and Tierno/Trevor of all characters.... Gladion's powerful unlike them!
I want Kiawe to receive the respect he deserves, tired of him being hyped up as this big battler since the start when he's not won a single big battle... it's the opposite of funny.
Being the champion is literally 'the fire of Alola'
The last episode pretty much set up ash vs gladion in the way they showed ash and gladion. Kiawe will probably be fed to guzma

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
Top 8:
Ash Vs Faba: Ash
Illima Vs Guzma: Guzma
Hau Vs Oak: Hau
Mallow Vs Lana: Lana
Sophocles Vs Mina: Mina
Jessie Vs James: Jessie
Kiawe Vs Acerola: Kiawe
Lillie Vs Gladion: Gladion

Top 4:
Ash Vs Hau: Ash
Guzma Vs Kiawe: Guzma
Gladion Vs Lana: Gladion
Jessie Vs Mina: Jessie

Top 2:
Ash Vs Gladion: Ash
Jessie Vs Guzma: Guzma

Final
Ash Vs Guzma: Ash

Real Final:
Ash Vs Royal Mask: Royal Mask

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Top 8:

Top 4:

Top 2:

Final

Real Final:

You mistook top 16 for top 8. So you're missing a round.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Red and Blue

Top 8:

Top 4:

Top 2:

Final

Real Final:
I swear I'd be amazed if Jessie or James made it into the top 4.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Leonhart

Imagineer
Musashi possibly making it to the semi-finals would really surprise me. I can suspend my disbelief to some extent when it comes to most battles, but someone like Musashi who isn't exactly known for being a great battler surpassing almost every other major character in this saga at the League just wouldn't feel justified from my perspective.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Gosh Jessie making it far in the league would make me laugh, but it would also make me admire the writing staff for their nerve to actually give a long standing villain character that kind of honor.

DatsRight

The sad thing is that either have more experience throughout the show as a whole to make progressing believable than most of the companions. Seriously them trying to slither Mallow up the league without having to write ANY accomplishments for her at all is just an insult.

DatsRight

There are no accomplishment needed for this 'league'. Even Ash's Trials were useless.

But there don't seem to be accomplishments IN the league either. Mallow is somehow progressing COMPLETELY OFFSCREEN, likely because they can't think of any plausible way to show HOW she could with zero experience.

It's really cheap and halfassed "badass points" for a character they can't think of anything for.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I wouldn't say they "can't think of a plausible way" when they sort-of did it with Lana and Lillie. They ran out of time with Mallow, which is why she got a prematurely powerful legend to lean on.

If there is any justice in the SM anime, Lana decisively beats Mallow. But Mallow winning would be more entertaining because of Shaymin's threat level..

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Ash and Kiawe were the only classmates who REALLY did anything in the battle royal.

I almost prefer Lana and Mallow knocking a few low level guys out offscreen to feeding Sophocles a Shiinotic that literally didn't move at all and got rolled over like a bowling pin, and Politoed somehow going down to one spiky shield which came out of nowhere. Like I can accept easy one-shots from Pikachu and Silvally and maybe even Turtonator but that was excessive.

Then Lillie just stole the kill on Salamence, which was nice and all but was just being in the right place at the right time, and that thing probably wouldn't have even gotten back up if she hadn't frozen it in midair.

It's a shame the screentime wasn't spread out more evenly, but we know a lot of the characters we didn't see much of are getting more focused battles moving forward, and I have to wonder if the reason Kiawe got so many wins in the battle royal is because he isn't making it as far as we initially thought. At the very least it's pretty much a given he won't be fighting Ash (huge missed opportunity imo) so even if he makes it to the top 8 or even top 4 so he can at least use all 3 of his pokemon at least once, they probably won't spend too much time on his battles.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I’m still not particularly shocked at the classmates’ advancing, we don’t know the levels of the other trainers at the league and they didn’t encounter any vicious fighters like Guzma or incredible wonderboy Illima. Kojirou was even advising Musashi run and let the trainers finish one another off so they end up advancing. Plus the classmates aren’t weak, they went to Ultra Space and were seen as impressive enough to be inaugurated as Ultra Guardians. This came from them deciding to continue their training from Kanto in the sleepover episode after being inspired by Satoshi and Kaki, Mao suggested they train too. Canonically the classmates do train whether anyone wants to remember that or not. They’re unafraid to take action compared to episode one where Skull attacked and only Kaki opposes them with Satoshi.

Last edited: