• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think Lillie vs Gladion will be a close match. It would be great if Lillie managed to pull an upset.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
well I can imagine if it ends up being Lana, that's going to make those complaining about today's episode happy.

Of course there's also Sophocles who I wouldn't want to face Guzma due to what Z-crystal he has since that is going to make Guzma angry.

Oh it will.... especially if Guzma makes her cry.

I think Lillie vs Gladion will be a close match. It would be great if Lillie managed to pull an upset.

lol what? Shiron deserves to get poor Tsareena's treatment
Lillie's put as much work as the other girls into training. Hint: None at all
Gladion's been all over Alola and beat the four Kahunas.... has Lillie beat anyone without help? Nope!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Lillie giving Gladion a run for his money in a serious battle with that weak Shiron would be one of the biggest asspulls the anime could ever do. He could test her instead to see how much she progressed but even then I don't him to intentionally lose to her because "muh sister".

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh it will.... especially if Guzma makes her cry.

For someone who hates Lana so much, you don't understand her personality at all.

lol what? Shiron deserves to get poor Tsareena's treatment
Lillie's put as much work as the other girls into training. Hint: None at all
Gladion's been all over Alola and beat the four Kahunas.... has Lillie beat anyone without help? Nope!

Lana: shown training at least twice, and therefore implied to continue offscreen.
Lillie: Volunteered to take care of a Pokemon she couldn't even touch , worked with Pikachu by episode 30, worked with a group of wild Pokemon she didn't even know to keep a Tyranitar at bay.
Mallow: Two evolutions handed to her despite lack of training.

And do I need to point out the Catch-22 that is your logic?
The girls aren't battlers so they shouldn't train.
Since the girls don't train, they shouldn't be battlers.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Lillie has definitely put in more work than Mallow. She taught her moves, while everything Tsareena learned was upon evolution. Lillie stands no chance against Gladion without Magearna and after what Mallow did I don't think Lillie loses her nerve either.

I'm betting on the quarterfinals as a pair of 2x2's, the semis as a 3x3, and the finals as a 4x4. I think all the previously shown Pokemon will get to shine at some point, so Kiawe is making it to the semis where he gets to show Charizard, Marowak and Turtonator. I think Kiawe is a tougher opponent than Gladion because his entire team resists Bug, and if this league is going to be consistent about subverting type matchups, defeating a team of Fire Pokemon would be Guzma's next big challenge.

Pikachu, Rowlet v. Raichu, Decidueye is a good challenge for Ash, because heaven knows he hasn't had one yet.

JC317

Since it seems very unlikely that Ash will be shown battling any female trainers during this league conference, this would make Manalo Conference the second league conference (the other being Vertress Conference) in which he only battled male trainers, as well as the fourth league conference in a row where we basically don't see him battle any female trainers.

(We got a brief glimpse of Ash battling a female trainer in the second round of Lily of the Valley Conference, as well as Astrid in Top 8 of Lumiose Conference)

On one hand, the Manalo Conference has better representation than the Lumiose Conference and Lily of the Valley Conference in which we actually get to see multiple female competitors in battles.

On the other hand though, Alola as a whole seems to be an all-time-low for Ash in terms of female opponents, although that is more to do with the lack of battles in the SM anime.

I really wish they did a Top 32 instead of Top 16, that way they could let Ash battle all his rivals in addition to allowing one of the female side characters to be his opponent in one of the rounds, and Ash's classmates would also really benefit from having an extra round to shine.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I just realized I wouldn't mind if the finals were Ash's 5 vs Guzma's 6. Kind of like a role reversal of the Unova league.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
You know, even though we've seen Satoshi and Kaki battling each other tons of times, I kinda think it's a shame that they're presumably not going to face each other in the tournament... I feel like, because they've fought so many times, a serious League battle between the two could be really interesting since both of them know the other's fighting style so well, leading to some nice potential out-of-the-box strategizing from either side. Granted, neither one is particularly prone to strategizing in the first place, but that would just make it even more potentially interesting!

...Or potentially disappointing, as it could just as easily have been just a straightforward fight... Still, I can still dream of how cool such a matchup could have been!!

This is a problem that pokemon fans have: they are never ever satisfied. No battle is good enough, there are always comments on how it could be done better. I have one message to you: start your own series and make the battles.
Really? If you don't like an aspect of something you can't criticize it, but you have to make it yourself? Really?

You know, it's ok if people don't like this pretend league, because it lacks full battles.

And one last time, because I can't believe you actually said that. Really?

Thumbs2

This is a problem that pokemon fans have: they are never ever satisfied. No battle is good enough, there are always comments on how it could be done better. I have one message to you: start your own series and make the battles.

"Do it yourself" should never be a response to criticism, and never actually boosts anyone's opinion on a project

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
I hope round 2 will be 2Vs 2.
So Round 2 could be:
-Ash Vs Hau (Torracat/Rowlet Vs Other Pokémon/Decidueye) Bird Battle
-Lana Vs Gladion (Eevee/Primarina Vs Zoroark/Lycanroc) Illusion Battle
-Kiawe Vs Sophocles (Marowak and Turtonator Vs Togedemaru and Vikavolt) Shield Battle
-Jessie Vs Guzma (Mimikyu and Wobbuffet Vs Masquerain and Scizor) Revenge Battle [?]

Round 3
-Ash Vs Gladion (Meltan/Pikachu/Lycanroc Vs Umbreon/Lycanroc/Silvally
-Kiawe Vs Guzma (Marowak/Turtonator/Charizard Vs Masquerain, Scizor and Golisopod

SEMIFINAL
-Ash Vs Guzma (Could be 4Vs 4) Pikachu/Torracat (Inceneroar)/Lycanroc/Rowlet Vs Golisopod, Scizor, Masquerain and Pinsir)

FINAL
-Ash Vs Royal Mask: Inceneroar Vs Incineroar (Royal Mask wins)