• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

D

Deleted member 384931

Why gave they Charizard a Flyinium-Z Crystal if it only is showcased twice and only for league stuff. Heck, Marrowak and Turtenator were fine without it. Why didn't they gave Marrowak the Ghostium-Z Crystal instead?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Now that the Alola League is winding down, I think I can confidently say that it's been a roller coaster ride in both good ways and bad ways. I didn't think that the major League battles were as good this time around as in previous Leagues, and it was the smaller less hyped ones that I enjoyed the most such as Guzma versus Suiren and Musashi versus Kojirou.
in my (maybe unpopular) opinion the TR battle was disappointing
But there are more surprisingly good battles like Sophocles vs Kiawe and Kiawe vs Gladion

-------------
The problem with Kanto and Unova leagues that make them worse than SM is because they were supposed to be good and serious, and at the end, wasn't that good. Two of the most humiliating Ash's defeats too.
Meanwhile Alola was a somewhat amateur, comedy and story-orientated league, just like the series itself. So it's more acceptable.
But at the end I don't think I should compare it with the other leagues, it was a completely different thing even than Kanto league

IkeBayern

This league was charming, it was in a league of its own. You can’t really compare it to past leagues in the series because the Alola League’s appeal is in its widespread focus and integrity toward the cast versus just a bunch of Satoshi v. (Rival) showdowns. The league offered an array of focus toward a colorful cast. Guzma, Mao, Suiren, Gladion, Hau, Lillie, Kaki, Mamane and Kojirou all got sweet and heartfelt moments through this league’s aim toward showcasing Alola’s place in the world of Pokemon. It fulfilled and showcased Kukui’s desires and wishes well enough.

Thus far my favorite moments are Kaki acknowledging Gladion as his “rival,” Mamane growing more confident battling, Lillie showcasing her battle growth to her brother and Suiren acknowledging though Guzma’s methods were cruel that he didn’t do anything wrong? She acknowledged him as a stronger trainer and that was really a good and mature loss for her even if Ashirene got beaten badly. This league wasn’t lacking in Pokemon focus as Amajo, Mukuroh, Gusokumusha, Hidoide, Pikachu, Bakugames, Meltan, all received solid character moments so far.

I only ask Nyaheat settle the score with Gaogaen at this point plus Satoshi has to debut Dynamic Full Flame, right? I’m hoping the cat gets the ultimate character moment of the league for the Pokemon but Pikachu tripping and defeating Gosukumusha’s diamond and armor then the samurai bug overriding its natural cowardice in Emergency Exit for its trainer’s sake might be hard to top. If Nyaheat does finish off Gaogaen I wonder how that’ll happen. Obviously Revenge will do a lot of good plus Flame Charge’s speed was enough to even with Darkiest Lariat and leave singe last time they fought so who knows?

I agree with you wholeheartedly, my only regret with this league is that I wish we got see some of the trainers use more Pokémon instead of having 1vs1 battles for 2 rounds straight..

Ash and Gladion having a full battle would’ve been nice but I can live without it, imo apart from the Team Rocket matchup which turned out to be disappointing and the way Hau was treated in this league kinda sucked..

Other than that I have no complaints! I would rank the Manalo conference to be somewhere right in the middle but not a top tier league saga..

What I loved about this arc is that Kukui finally realized his childhood dream of an Alolan Pokémon League taking place.. Hopefully he gives the winner of the league a battle to remember and one that we’d be proud of!

Every main character that entered managed to develop in some way and learnt a lesson from their battles, tbh I felt that Ash and his battle were secondary to his classmates and Guzma’s angst against Kukui..

Now that the focus is on him again, let’s hope he wins this time..

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I agree with you wholeheartedly, my only regret with this league is that I wish we got see some of the trainers use more Pokémon instead of having 1vs1 battles for 2 rounds straight..
Yeaaaah...I would have preferred that but I do remember people predicting that the classmates were going to receive “unfair” power ups for the league little did that come to pass as Lillie simply relied on Shiron instead of Magearna while Mao only relied on her Amajo and their conflict with using their Z-Move correctly. That being said I think they should have just jumped to 3 v. 3 once we got to the semifinals. Would have definitely preferred that and Satoshi v. Gladion being 5 v. 5 (+ Solgaleo v. Lunala?) Not bringing Bebenom back felt like a waste I was sure they were saving the Poison-Z for him.
Every main character that entered managed to develop in some way and learnt a lesson from their battles, tbh I felt that Ash and his battle were secondary to his classmates and Guzma’s angst against Kukui..

Now that the focus is on him again, let’s hope he wins this time..
Yeah the league’s agency toward developing the characters versus being Satoshi’s final penultimate showing of the saga sets the Alola League apart from past leagues heavily. Though there is still an aim toward Satoshi’s focus with a battle against Royal Mask and overcoming Gladion, he also technically “saved” the league by defeating his first team boss in a formal battle. So it’s a first.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This league would have been the best if Lillie had won it imo

p96822

Evolve me please
This league was charming, it was in a league of its own. You can’t really compare it to past leagues in the series because the Alola League’s appeal is in its widespread focus and integrity toward the cast versus just a bunch of Satoshi v. (Rival) showdowns. The league offered an array of focus toward a colorful cast. Guzma, Mao, Suiren, Gladion, Hau, Lillie, Kaki, Mamane and Kojirou all got sweet and heartfelt moments through this league’s aim toward showcasing Alola’s place in the world of Pokemon. It fulfilled and showcased Kukui’s desires and wishes well enough.

Thus far my favorite moments are Kaki acknowledging Gladion as his “rival,” Mamane growing more confident battling, Lillie showcasing her battle growth to her brother and Suiren acknowledging though Guzma’s methods were cruel that he didn’t do anything wrong? She acknowledged him as a stronger trainer and that was really a good and mature loss for her even if Ashirene got beaten badly. This league wasn’t lacking in Pokemon focus as Amajo, Mukuroh, Gusokumusha, Hidoide, Pikachu, Bakugames, Meltan, all received solid character moments so far.

I only ask Nyaheat settle the score with Gaogaen at this point plus Satoshi has to debut Dynamic Full Flame, right? I’m hoping the cat gets the ultimate character moment of the league for the Pokemon but Pikachu tripping and defeating Gosukumusha’s diamond and armor then the samurai bug overriding its natural cowardice in Emergency Exit for its trainer’s sake might be hard to top. If Nyaheat does finish off Gaogaen I wonder how that’ll happen. Obviously Revenge will do a lot of good plus Flame Charge’s speed was enough to even with Darkiest Lariat and leave singe last time they fought so who knows?

I disagree with you on some of the aspect of this league. The Writers were being lazy and didn’t want to do anything with the characters at all. Well I agree with you on some of the characterization, but I feel like it comes at a cost of just making the characters feel like forded then anything else. I know Jesse would have been more creative with her battle with James then just being lazy or do more with Lillie vs her brother then making it look like a joke.

This “ league “ has been utterly mediocre. Even ignoring the fact that it never understood the level of prestige an actual league is supposed to have, many faults still emerge

-It’s been filled with exposition dumps
-Ash has won many of his battles because of luck
-Battle directing is horrendous
- Lack of well-developed rivals
- No 6v6s or even 5v5s, is the final even 4v4?
- etc

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This “ league “ has been utterly mediocre. Even ignoring the fact that it never understood the level of prestige an actual league is supposed to have, many faults still emerge.
What part of "It's the very first League ever in the region" are you not understanding? There is absolutely no guarantee that the first Leagues to occur in Kanto through Kalos were any better or different.

-It’s been filled with exposition dumps

Character development for characters that need it.

-Ash has won many of his battles because of luck

v Faba - Karma for Faba's cheating

v Hau - a callback to the Kanto League, and more reasonable than other Leagues for actually having multiple referees

v Guzma - Triggering an Ability isn't luck.

-Battle directing is horrendous
- Lack of well-developed rivals
- No 6v6s or even 5v5s, is the final even 4v4?

-Battle direction is fine, except for a few moments, like Jessie v James being a spamfest.
-Hard to develop a stoic rival when they don't get specials to themselves. At least this one's not abusive and worshiped by half the region.
-Alola isn't big on battling. No one has that many Pokemon because it's not seen as necessary.

EDIT: test.

Hmm, it's not letting me fix the quote mistake

EDIT 2: Ah, a typo in the quote code made it a nested one.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What part of "It's the very first League ever in the region" are you not understanding?
Doesn't mean it's not open to criticism. I think it's an extremely expendable league with 140 or so participants that had no real reason to even participate if all they did was goof around in Alola in their pancake races and "rock" concerts before the announcement was made.

What part of "It's the very first League ever in the region" are you not understanding? There is absolutely no guarantee that the first Leagues to occur in Kanto through Kalos were any better or different.

Character development for characters that need it.

They have the Trials do they not? Alola's " league " was solely built on convenience not quality.

Dumping exposition last minutes, that's horrid writing. Guzma's entire character into an episode. It's been ruining the battles as well which is my segway into the next point, battle direction is absolutely not fine. Characters standing around talking between moves, insane amount of flashbacks in battles, battles aren't half as organic and fluid as they were in XYZ. The camera hasn't been used well at all.

Hau is who I am talking about and he's pretty much a joke in terms of his character

Which is why it isn't a legitimate league...I already said that this league is on the same level as the one in BW

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that the winner of the Alola League is still a mystery amazes me since I would've expected that to be spoiled by now. I know that the winner of the Kalos League wasn't spoiled ahead of time either, but to me personally, the conclusion of that League was rather perceptible, unlike here where Satoshi winning is actually a good possibility. So the suspense this time feels greater to me.

Revolver Furious Dragon

The fact that the winner of the Alola League is still a mystery amazes me since I would've expected that to be spoiled by now. I know that the winner of the Kalos League wasn't spoiled ahead of time either, but to me personally, the conclusion of that League was rather perceptible, unlike here where Satoshi winning is actually a good possibility. So the suspense this time feels greater to me.

There's no mystery. There's a contest to guess the winner so they can't spoil it yet.
Given the prize is a trip to Hawaii there probably extra cautious about leaks and stuff

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
My hopes are currently very low from this league, ash doesn't even have a full team yet, poipole hasn't returned, meltan hasn't evolved, Magearna has not yet been activated, many trainers with just 1-2 pokemon. This league could have shortage of good battles. Though high number of characters means quantity of battles will be more, but it's the quality of battles i am worried about.

I would like if the league is interrupted for the potential Mohn arc, where some pokemon could evolve, poipole can return, magearna could be activated among other things. It should happen.
So I was right. The league is actually getting interrupted before the exhibition match!!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash Won!!!!! He won his first official league!!! Pokenchi spoiled it
Oha Suta, not Pokenchi.

Unless I'm missing something and they're the same thing.