• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Revolver Furious Dragon

So do people even know Masked Royal has more than one Pokemon. It would've been realistically impossible to hide a full team with his double life and all.

Maybe it's supposed to be one on one. But after his identity is revealed and naganadel returns he challenges ash to a full battle instead

RedR

The Alola League is a legitimate Pokemon league. I think it provides just as much challenge as other leagues, if not more!

In Tetris 99 and Fortnite, it can be tough to be in the top 16 of a match, so imagine that in the Pokemon world. You have to survive 151 trainers to be in the top 16! That's tough!

Then the top 16 and top 8 matches are one-vs-one. If you choose the wrong type of Pokemon, you could be messed up right at the start. You have to know your opponent and your Pokemon to survive these rounds!

Only the best of the best can make it to the top 4!

dman_dustin

The Alola League is a legitimate Pokemon league. I think it provides just as much challenge as other leagues, if not more!

In Tetris 99 and Fortnite, it can be tough to be in the top 16 of a match, so imagine that in the Pokemon world. You have to survive 151 trainers to be in the top 16! That's tough!

Then the top 16 and top 8 matches are one-vs-one. If you choose the wrong type of Pokemon, you could be messed up right at the start. You have to know your opponent and your Pokemon to survive these rounds!

I do think that's what people overlook.

If you put constraints on who joins and who doesn't, you tend to push out certain people who could easily win the entire league. Maybe they don't have the luxury to get out there and collect all 8 badges, for a variety of reasons. If a League is open to everyone then you get a situation in which a lot of people have access to. Sure there will be weak trainers but there will also be strong trainers.

That was even the case for past generations where some of the trainers in the league, made you ask "Did this person really earn 8 badges? Were they pity badges? Because I can't see how they managed to get 8 badges, given how easily they were defeated in comparison to how hard it took Ash to get those badges but he's obliterating some of these trainers.

Though I will agree, strict constraints do make sure that a good majority of strong trainers will show up, but I do think it does push some really strong trainers out of a tournament for various reasons (like time only enough to enter a tournament not time enough to gather all the badges).

And as I've mentioned before, they really couldn't do much for the Alola league since it was the first league. How can you add constraints to a league that you suddenly JUST announce will happen in a short period of time. There wouldn't be enough time for there to be enough trainers, better to start of lax and then work towards perhaps more limitations.

RedR

If you put constraints on who joins and who doesn't, you tend to push out certain people who could easily win the entire league. Maybe they don't have the luxury to get out there and collect all 8 badges, for a variety of reasons. If a League is open to everyone then you get a situation in which a lot of people have access to. Sure there will be weak trainers but there will also be strong trainers.

That was even the case for past generations where some of the trainers in the league, made you ask "Did this person really earn 8 badges? Were they pity badges? Because I can't see how they managed to get 8 badges, given how easily they were defeated in comparison to how hard it took Ash to get those badges but he's obliterating some of these trainers.

Though I will agree, strict constraints do make sure that a good majority of strong trainers will show up, but I do think it does push some really strong trainers out of a tournament for various reasons (like time only enough to enter a tournament not time enough to gather all the badges).

And as I've mentioned before, they really couldn't do much for the Alola league since it was the first league. How can you add constraints to a league that you suddenly JUST announce will happen in a short period of time. There wouldn't be enough time for there to be enough trainers, better to start of lax and then work towards perhaps more limitations.

And, depending on how the anime writes it, this can set the stage for many of the main cast to assume their game roles as trial captains to challenge competitors in the next leagues!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

It does not provide more challenge than other leagues( except OI)LMAO.
Also stopped reading after Tetris and Fortnite.

Wow, that's a big load of bs you're putting out there mate. Don't have the luxury of getting eight badges!? Are you even being serious?

dman_dustin

Wow, that's a big load of bs you're putting out there mate. Don't have the luxury of getting eight badges!? Are you even being serious?

You seriously don't understand that time is a thing.

There could be a really strong trainer, who has to take care of his ailing mother or something, and doesn't have the luxury to get all 8 badges. He hypothetically has time to enter a championship, but he can't travel everywhere to get 8 badges to compete in said league.

After all he who shall not be named thought the league was taking place in Johto and almost didn't have enough time to register.....which would've been better but nope.....

Jesus, people, maybe think a little bit before just spewing out ridiculous complaints. I said there were many reasons why a person might not be able to gather 8 badges. Just because you couldn't think of a damn one doesn't mean I spewed a lot of BS.

You seriously don't understand that time is a thing.

There could be a really strong trainer, who has to take care of his ailing mother or something, and doesn't have the luxury to get all 8 badges. He hypothetically has time to enter a championship, but he can't travel everywhere to get 8 badges to compete in said league.

After all he who shall not be named thought the league was taking place in Johto and almost didn't have enough time to register.....which would've been better but nope.....

Jesus, people, maybe think a little bit before just spewing out ridiculous complaints. I said there were many reasons why a person might not be able to gather 8 badges. Just because you couldn't think of a damn one doesn't mean I spewed a lot of BS.
Time isn't a thing in the anime. You do know it's not real right?

dman_dustin

Time isn't a thing in the anime. You do know it's not real right?

Except it does, it's just isn't realistically portrayed (especially with amount of time that's compressed), NOR WAS THAT THE POINT. I wasn't speaking from a fictional perspective, I was speaking from a REALISTIC perspective, like what if Pokemon were real, etc, etc. And discussing a tournament from that perspective. Not everyone who could be a very strong trainer has the luxury to travel to other cities and collect badges. Whether they care to show this or not, but keep in mind that a certain trainer in a certain league, only was able to get 7 badges, so yes canonically time is a thing. Even if we argue its all scripted.

But let's stick to what you are saying. Pokemon might have a floating timeline but it still has a beginning middle and end. The moment a Pokemon league starts, that's it, there can't be suddenly a person with 8 badges showing up in the middle of semi finals and being like "WAIT, I must battle, I have 8 badges" it's a little too late, isn't it? Time does exist.

I was not strictly talking about this issue from a PURELY fictional scripted show, since they can do whatever the hell they want. I was thinking of things from an in-universe perspective or even a more realistic perspective.

Obviously at the end of the day it boils down to: Writers. it be how it is because......writing.......derp.

But is that fun, is that a fun way to discuss everything, solely about the writers/producers making the show, we can't use our imagination a little bit here?