• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fans 18+ from the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so but younger people tend to like the newer stuff more then old.like games and such,..though I do miss the magic of when pokemon was HUGE.

I agree. Pokemon has just lost it's charm now, and isn't like what it used to be 1998-2001-ish.With more and more Pokemon replacing the old 'Pocket Monsters', Pokemon just isn't the same.

BCVM22

I don't think fans are going to stay very long, if they don't switch it up a bit. ;390;

Because keeping fans, finding new ones and generating mad revenue as a result have been things with which the franchise has had problems for the last thirteen years, or what?

I agree. Pokemon has just lost it's charm now, and isn't like what it used to be 1998-2001-ish.With more and more Pokemon replacing the old 'Pocket Monsters', Pokemon just isn't the same.

No. That you've grown and moved on does not at all change the fact that the franchise is as strong as ever and by god I can't imagine how any rational human being comes to this conclusion, "I don't like stuff as much as I used to SO IT MUST HAVE CHANGED FOR THE WORSE!" Honestly.

Last edited:

ribcage_x

Well im 17 about to turn 18 pretty soon ^~^
I got my first pokemon game for my game boy color when I was about 8
It was red :)
I remember how happy I was When i beat the elite 4 with pretty much just a lv 72 nidoqueen. Since I was young i decided I only wanted to lv up nidoqueen for some reason lol :p
Good times. Oh and I remember getting yellow and I was scared to evolve pikachu for some reason XD and how cute it was you went in the pokemon fan club and pikachu ran over to the clefairy

PsyMax

Psyduck Roooooocks!!
I'm in my 20's. I first played Blue back in the 90's, but I played it as an emulator on my computer so I don't still have that awesomeness to look back on. I loved the crap out of that game though and spent like an entire summer playing it.

I eventually bought Gold in like 2000 or 2001. I remember this game so well because there was a little boy who I was a big brother for because he was all ADHD and none of the other kids would even give him the time of day. He and I would sit and play this game together all the time. (Needless to say, I'm psyched out of my mind about the remake of Gold simply because of that sentimental reason.) I still have Gold and every so often I turn it on to look at some of the ridiculous names that my 7 year old had come up with back then, but due to that sentimental value again that it holds from our days together, I don't progress any further. We were in Kanto getting those badges, but of course the old Gold game never kept track of those so I have no idea where we even were in that region.

After we stopped playing Gold together, I moved on from pokemon and didn't really play it at all. I did see FireRed and bought that with no hesitation!! It wasn't until the summer of 2008 that I had my first summer off from work as a teacher. I remembered how much fun I had spending my summer days with Gold and Blue, so I eventually got Pearl. I didn't know half of the pokemon anymore but I didn't care. It was like a whole new adventure again and I spent another summer lost in playing it. Of course, I saved Pokemon Platinum for this past summer and I'm still in the progress of playing that.

The best part is that the kids I teach every year can't believe that I actually know what I'm talking about with pokemon... though, they are surprised to learn that a teacher exists outside of the school anyway. So I still play the games, maybe I'll eventually pick one up from Gen 3 that I totally missed.

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
20 years old right here! Turning 21 in April!

I was such a noob back when I was playing blue for the first time. I did all I could to try and avoid the trainers. Funny how I tried to avoid battles in a game that was all about battles! XD

Anyway. After Silver I kinda got into a faze where I thought Pokemon wasn't cool anymore. But I got back into it when I was in grade 8 (about 14 years old I think, in the year 2003) when I got a Gameboy Advance and the first game I got for it was Ruby. But I only really got back into Pokemon when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team came out in 2006 and have been into it ever since (actually I'm probably more into Pokemon now than I was with Blue and Silver. I even went as far as starting a fanfic (about PMD of course)^^).

Mega Typhlosion

I'm 19 now. I've been a fan since Pokémon Red/Blue. Actually I became fan of the series because of the games. Before I played the games I hated Pokémon xD Good times.

I still remember when I didn't know about internet FAQ's and I spent a lot of hours with a friend trying to uncover a way to capture Ho-oh in Crystal. We were so happy when we found out it was possible :D In my school everyone believed that Ho-oh was unobtainable in Crystal. We proved that it wasn't xD

Nowadays I only play during vacations because university work takes lots of time.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
I'm 18 going on 19 next month and I've been playing the games, watching the anime, and palying the TCG since the very beginning.
My first game was Blue, got it for my birfday the year it came out!
and I've bought atleast one or more from every generation since.
I've got the pinball games, the gameboy color TCG game, Dungeon, Rangers, etc.
:)
I've got every movie, blushies, blah blah blah.
Every memory is a favorite for me.
Especially when I was first playing Ruby and I saw a green Wingull and had no idea that it was a shiny and rare, and I freaked out and looked for it all over, to no avail.
:/ haha.

Havocide

Collector
IM 21, have been playing since the very first games. Obtained red first and loved it. I enjoy the games and play them for that reason. Age is no matter to me, I grew up with Pokemon.

BlazingTrainer

It's time for the return of this forum. I'm twenty three and went to my second pokemon event this past weekend. I got two Tru Arceus pokemon and felt great about it. The only thing is, i don't really care for it as a pokemon really. Lol, well, let's get this going again! Who else got their Arceus and older fans please add your comments.

HoennMaster

I got two of them....Pearl belongs to my brother so the third one is not mine. I'm 19 and I still love the show, games, manga, etc.

As for anyone who says that franchise is losing its magic, I beg to differ. Pokemon games still rank in the Top 10 best selling games for their game systems. Not to mention it seem the franchise is at a new high.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm 21 also and still love pokemon, at least the games :D

halloweenghost

I'm not saying it's losing it's magic it's still pretty popular and I love it as much as i did then..possibly more then,..... I'm just saying i miss when it was crazy huge.

denizenofevil

I'm 19 now and I've been playing since Pokemon first came out. I'm not going to lie though. I don't really like the new stuff. It might just be that I'm getting old and it's getting harder for me to remember every single Pokemon. I stopped following the show after Ash left Johto. I miss the days of gold/silver/crystal. I do still play the newer generations but I'm not as into it although I did get arceus and I'm showing my little brother who is growing up with the new stuff all the old stuff. Turns out he likes the older stuff too.

koosbane

master breeder
I have played since the beginning as well. I am 24 years old, getting married on friday. I am stopping by toy r' us tonight if possible, maybe tomorrow to get two arceus.

K-B-K

I'm 19 and have been playing since 1999 (when R/B came out) I first played Red that June and from then I was hooked. I then remember watching the first ever Pokemon episode on GMTV and I was amazed to see how much nicer the Pokemon in the anime looked than in the game. Then, in 2000 I bought Yellow which only feed my addiction lol.

I still play Pokemon now, Playing Platinum, FireRed, Emerald and even sometimes Yellow. I also had SoulSivler but my mate bought it from me because I couldn't take having to read the Japanese. So, when SS comes out in the UK, I'll be VERY happy. :)

Venomothim

roflolmaomg2g
I guess you can grow out of toys and clothes but never video games (I still haven't grown out of toys. That was supposed to be a secret but this is the internet so I don't care.)
I'm 18 and I still like pokemon. All of the games are fun to me.

Munchlax66

I'm 22 and I have liked Pokemon since 1998. The franchise only keeps getting better and better, but eventually I will have to either stop playing or master time management.

Blazing Charmander

I'm 19 and have been playing since 1999 (when R/B came out) I first played Red that June and from then I was hooked. I then remember watching the first ever Pokemon episode on GMTV and I was amazed to see how much nicer the Pokemon in the anime looked than in the game. Then, in 2000 I bought Yellow which only feed my addiction lol.

Wow, GMTV is how I got in to Pokemon in 1999 too. I missed the first episode however, but I remember vividly how in the half term week in November '99, GMTV aired Pokemon Emergency through to Clefairy and the Moon Stone, thus Pokemon Emergency was my first episode. I was aware of what was going on though, because Nintendo Official Magazine had given out a comic strip of Pokemon, I Choose You as a free gift a few months before. From then on, I saw snippets of other episodes on SMTV every Saturday, but never saw whole episodes due to morning Karate lessons until I taped them starting with Here Comes the Squirtle Squad.

That's how I got into Pokemon anyways. :) I'm 18 now and got into Pokemon when I was 8 (can't believe ten years have passed!). My first game was Pokemon Stadium which I had for my 9th birthday in May 2000, on which I also went to the cinema to see Pokemon the First Movie with my friends. Good times! :D I didn't get Red and Blue until Christmas 2000, but even so I loved every minute of them while playing them through the GB Tower on Stadium with my disobedient Charizard from Gym Leader Castle (still have him to this day, and he's one of only two of my Lv100s ever).

The playground craze that it caused still gives me goosebumps. Some kids would bring in their GameBoys for break and lunch time, and loads of people would crowd around the kid playing it in awe of the creatures on the screen from the TV show. Almost everyone also traded the Trading Cards, and I still have a fair few from back then. Unfortunately, I also lost loads of them including my prized first Charmander card, and Charizard, Dark Blastoise and Clefairy to name a few. Still, I have great memories of people off-loading and sharing their cards and also me going to the local shop to see if I could get any new anime edition cards.

Pokemon in the late 90's - early 2000's was the best period to be a Pokemon fan for sure. *sighs*

Last edited:

halloweenghost

Wow, GMTV is how I got in to Pokemon in 1999 too. I missed the first episode however, but I remember vividly how in the half term week in November '99, GMTV aired Pokemon Emergency through to Clefairy and the Moon Stone, thus Pokemon Emergency was my first episode. I was aware of what was going on though, because Nintendo Official Magazine had given out a comic strip of Pokemon, I Choose You as a free gift a few months before. From then on, I saw snippets of other episodes on SMTV every Saturday, but never saw whole episodes due to morning Karate lessons until I taped them starting with Here Comes the Squirtle Squad.

That's how I got into Pokemon anyways. :) I'm 18 now and got into Pokemon when I was 8 (can't believe ten years have passed!). My first game was Pokemon Stadium which I had for my 9th birthday in May 2000, on which I also went to the cinema to see Pokemon the First Movie with my friends. Good times! :D I didn't get Red and Blue until Christmas 2000, but even so I loved every minute of them while playing them through the GB Tower on Stadium with my disobedient Charizard from Gym Leader Castle (still have him to this day, and he's one of only two of my Lv100s ever).

The playground craze that it caused still gives me goosebumps. Some kids would bring in their GameBoys for break and lunch time, and loads of people would crowd around the kid playing it in awe of the creatures on the screen from the TV show. Almost everyone also traded the Trading Cards, and I still have a fair few from back then. Unfortunately, I also lost loads of them including my prized first Charmander card, and Charizard, Dark Blastoise and Clefairy to name a few. Still, I have great memories of people off-loading and sharing their cards and also me going to the local shop to see if I could get any new anime edition cards.

Pokemon in the late 90's - early 2000's was the best period to be a Pokemon fan for sure. *sighs*

a great story *smiles* This is what i mean.. pokemon is still big today and I love it.. but i miss the times when it was crazy huge lol my story..if you are interested in way back in the early pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.