• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fans 18+ from the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not quite 18 (turning it next year) and i've been a fan of this series ever since its initial release in australia... i don't particularly remember it myself because it was my brother who was the bigger fan, going to local trading card tournaments, buying the amazing-looking guidebooks to the games... i really envied him a lot (he was around 15 at the time) and sort of just went along with whatever he did. ironically we both grew out of the series after second gen, although i still play some of the games for nostalgic purposes and continue to try out new releases in the hopes that there will be something to wow me like gen 2 did; he's pretty much completely disinterested in the franchise as a whole now, HOWEVER, i showed him a few battle videos from platinum the other week and he was astounded as to how different it looks now. i don't expect him to ever continue playing but i think like everybody, a bit of nostalgia moved him, haha...

LiChampion

Veteran Trainer
I am 20 and still remember the very first time i watched the anime because it was the very first episode of the series in my country (portugal). I only bought my first game a few month's later (i think i was 12 but i am not sure) and it was yellow i got stuck after getting the celadon gym's raibow badge until a buddy of mine help me out i was a pretty hardcore fan for a few year but not so much now but i still play some times because the games are more advance but i still like it better when i played the old ones especially with my super (or at least i tought at the time) first generation team of raichu mewtwo dugtrio venusaur charizard and blastoise.

only1gameguru

im 21, was a fan since red and green were first announced in japan, back in that day i had no internet. most people didn't have the internet. wasn't as easy to find out releases etc. times have changed then. most of my rl friends lost interest now, but i keep enjoying it.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I have been around since Blue, even if i was a little kid then, it was my first pokemon experience, before the tv show or anything.

There are a lot of memories because everything was new, and i didn't had access to the internet (my parents didn't let me) so i had to figure out things on my own, or magazines.

I remember the S.S. Anne a lot, i guess it was my favorite part of the game the first time i played it.

Then Pokemon Stadium was a big part of my pokemon memories, i had so much fun playing both the Stadium and my Blue version, the dodrio tower, mini games, etc. GSC was a gen that i enjoyed a lot because i was more avid to find the new things they implemented in these games.

With each gen i have felt happy, but since Advance i started to play competitive wise, so some "magic" was lost in the adventure, but still i try to enjoy both aspects! I have enjoyed 4th gen a lot.

Last edited:
Thread was bumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.