• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fans 18+ from the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I'm 16 and still play, my parents look at me oddly and some poeple tease me a lot because I like it yet I don't mind! Seeing all the geeks (including me) in Pokémon cosplay at animé conventions makes me feel better about myself!

ray236

skatin` in East L.A
I'm only 13. I've been playing Pokemon games since I was 6. My first ever game was Crystal. Back then I only knew stuff about the anime (I no longer watch it though cuz it is so lame now) so I had no idea what I was doing. xD;

im like you lol
im only 13 but i have played every game from red/blue through DPPT

Jolteon77

The Wolf trainer
Im 22 and been with it almost from the start. I got stadium first, fell in love with jolteon then got yellow so I could train it, then I've been training jolteons and arcanines every rpg since (gamesharked to get em in sapphire and diamond).

Bank$

Turning 20 in 4 days. I believe I got Pokemon Blue version in 96' as a birthday present.

Played that for awhile then bought the Gold version.. I remember I didn't like it much, I thought it was boring.. Until 3 months ago I haven't played a pokemon game since. I don't know what dragged me back :S

Wood Bowl

I'm 18 and I've been playing since the Red/Blue days back on my friend's Gameboy. It wasn't until '97 that I got my own copy of Blue.

I'd have to say my most memorable moment would be all the link fights I had with my friend back in the day. We'd spend hours fighting, switching up our teams, and fighting again. Talk about good times.

coyt77

i forget how old i was when i got yellow but i have been playing it off and on since then. all i know is that i love pokemon and have over 1500 hours in all my games combined. i pre ordered platinum as well as Diamond and pearl Im about to preorder Heartgold and soul silver. i also have fire red, leaf green, ruby, sapphire, and emerald. i wish i could find yellow and crystal again. i liked those two the most at the time now i like platinum. im 27 by the way.

coyt77

I too am 18 and I've been into Pokémon since my friend showed me the anime. Then I got Blue off Santa one year :)P) and it was AWESOME!! I ate, sleeped and breathed Pokémon! Watched the show, played the games and the TCG religiously. Still playin' the games, and I keep thinkin' wow, I wish Wi-Fi and the GTS and such had been around back in the day... I remember I got all 151 Pokémon in Blue, one of the happiest days of my childhood, hahaha! Anyway, if anyone wants ta exchange Friend Codes (I dunno if this is the thread to do it on, this is my first time on Serebii) then let me know somehow... Also, my highest level Pokémon is 63, so keep it fair (I restarted my Diamond only about 2 months ago and with exams an' all, haven't had a whole loada time to train my team up) so yeah... I wanna battle some randomers!! :p

you can put your friend code in your signature if im right

denizenofevil

I'm turning 19 in about 2 weeks and I grew up with Pokemon. I started off watching the show, which by the way was way better before they jumped the shark with the series after johto. After i was hospitalized, I was so weak, I stayed home all the time and I read an old pokemon book which had an advertisement for Pokemon crystal. My parents bought me a Game Boy Advance and Pokemon crystal for me and that's why I'm dying for the release of Pokemon HeartGold. I really feel bad for the younger fans of Pokemon. My little brother (9 years old) loves the new pokemon episodes and he's never seen the older ones because they're never on. He and his friends don't know anything about the originals.

Last edited:
I,m 20 and i've played all the generations since 1996 and i expect to play till the end of the series. I never liked the anime, tough. Videogames are one of my main hobbies thanks to pokemon.

Bsbrian

21 years and still enjoying pokemon... well just the games and the anime music. Got out of the anime when 4kids left. Still I watch the openings though, lol

Lobstergoboom

Tower Tramp
I'm 19, I was 7 when it came out, i beleive that I was in 1st grade. I remember everyone in school collecting cardboard cut-out pokemon cards from our lunchable boxes. :p

It was funny back then, no one knew anything about pokemon, I didn't know fighting > normal, I didn't know physical attacks worked off Attack. x3 We just threw our pokemon at eachother and hoped we won.

Cerulean-Charizard

Reptile Trainer
I'm 18 in December, and I got into Pokémon when it was popular at school etc (I was about 9). I only ever watched the anime and collected the cards (didn't know how the game worked, lol) though! Pokémon's popularity died down a little (the group of friends I was in still played it though) and I suddenly wanted a Pokémon game, lol. Finally, in Christmas 2002, I recieved a Gameboy Advance with Pokémon Silver, and Super Mario Advance 2!

Unfortunately, as I didn't realise Pokémon was seen as a kiddies thing among other kids, when I went to secondary school September 2003, I got picked on a fair bit, haha. Nobody seems to give a stuffings now we're all in sixth form though, I guess they've all grown up, lol. I'm thinking I won't be obsessed with Pokémon for much longer into the future, but I won't stop playing the games for a loooooong time! ;)

Currently playing Soul Silver now, and it's a huge nostalgia trip! :) Such an awesome game (even if I don't barely know a word of Japanese)!

MissFrederick

I'll be 18 years old in December. But I've been playing Pokemon since it first came out. My brother introduced me to it. I played and completed Yellow when I was quite young. I played, and completed Crystal when I was seven or eight years old (it was also the only game where I had a Level 100 Pokemon.) I then skipped Generation III. I do plan to get Leaf Green because my brother has Fire Red (I saw it yesterday at a Car boot sale but it was ten quid, and I'm on a spending ban (because I want to be in a situation where I'm actually not broke for once.)) So I didn't buy it. I also never played Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald. When I was going on a trip to Leicestershire (300 miles away from where I live) in February. So I went into Argos for one reason, to get Pokemon Diamond (my brother had Pearl.) One of the best things I've spent £30 on. I have since then enjoyed myself. I also plan to get HeartGold when it comes out here.

Missingno.Fan

I am almost 20, and I first got Blue for Christmas '99 (I know, I was a little late for the party), but I watched the show almost since it came out.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
I've posted in this thread before but a while back, I'm 21 now, (yesterday was my birthday) and I've been playing Pokemon from the get go. I've actually had a lot of my friends play with me. Couple guys from WoW actually made shoddy battle accounts and fought me and some of the guys I play Halo with play battle revolution with me :D I have some great friends.

BlazingTrainer

I'm turning 19 in about 2 weeks and I grew up with Pokemon. I started off watching the show, which by the way was way better before they jumped the shark with the series after johto. After i was hospitalized, I was so weak, I stayed home all the time and I read an old pokemon book which had an advertisement for Pokemon crystal. My parents bought me a Game Boy Advance and Pokemon crystal for me and that's why I'm dying for the release of Pokemon HeartGold. I really feel bad for the younger fans of Pokemon. My little brother (9 years old) loves the new pokemon episodes and he's never seen the older ones because they're never on. He and his friends don't know anything about the originals.
You got that right! The originals had much more of a flare and style to them. It's all so generic and the same routine in every season and episode. They basically repeat the same storyline, but with different pokemon. The producers and writers need to get more original people and fresh ideas for the show and games. I don't think fans are going to stay very long, if they don't switch it up a bit. ;390;

halloweenghost

You got that right! The originals had much more of a flare and style to them. It's all so generic and the same routine in every season and episode. They basically repeat the same storyline, but with different pokemon. The producers and writers need to get more original people and fresh ideas for the show and games. I don't think fans are going to stay very long, if they don't switch it up a bit. ;390;

Maybe so but younger people tend to like the newer stuff more then old.like games and such,..though I do miss the magic of when pokemon was HUGE.

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
I'm 19 going on 20 in 2 months and I've been playing since Yellow came out. I remember those days, just about everyone was into Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.