• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon For MasterBall.

Ultimate Glalie

On ones that flee, such as the Latis.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
On fleeing Legends IMO.

Lati@s, Mesprit, Cress, Legendary Beasts, something like that.

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
magikarp. Fleeing legendaries.

I thought this is supposed to be in the pokepolls section?

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
Due to common sense being absent here, I'd like all of you to know that I do not think this thread should exist since most of us have the exact same answers.
The only Pokemon any of the non-n00bs will use a MasterBall on are:
Latios, Latias, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mewtwo(low capture rate), Mesprit, Cresselia, and all good ticket-based events(i. e. Faraway Island Mew), as well as ultra-rare shinies.

Last edited:

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
Due to common sense being absent here, I'd like all of you to know that I do not think this thread should exist since most of us have the exact same answers.
Latios, Latias, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mewtwo(low capture rate), Mesprit, Cresselia, and all good ticket-based events(i. e. Faraway Island Mew), as well are ultra-rare shinies.

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
Latios, Latias, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mewtwo(low capture rate), Mesprit, Cresselia, and all good ticket-based events(i. e. Faraway Island Mew), as well are ultra-rare shinies.

Guardian Spirit Raina

I catch everything in Pokeballs only. But, I will use my Masterball if I know I won't get another chance. For instance, when my Shiny Smeargle was using Struggle and only had 1/4 HP left, I threw the Masterball.

I do use my Master Balls on hard to get/annoying to get Pokemon (fleeing legendarys...) Altho, I was a newbie in Pokemon back in Red/Blue... fear my Ponyta thats in a Master Ball!

Brumrha

Banned
I would probably use it on the Legendaries that run at first sight. That's probably the only use of these in D/P, because the Dusk ball makes capturing the stationary ones a cinch.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I catch everything in Pokeballs only. But, I will use my Masterball if I know I won't get another chance. For instance, when my Shiny Smeargle was using Struggle and only had 1/4 HP left, I threw the Masterball.

That makes it look hacked.

But I agree with everyone who said fleeing legendaries. I never even used my Master Ball in R/B/Y, since Mewtwo was so dang easy to catch.

Guardian Spirit Raina

Well, that's too bad then. I've never touched a hacking device in my life. I would much rather actually have the Smeargle than not have it because I didn't want it to look "hacked" by using a perfectly legit Masterball.

Pkmn_Collector

Go Go Power Rangers
i dont use my master ball.i just use pokeballs and great balls and they usually work but takes time.but mostly just use the master ball on legendarys that run or are annoying to capture

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
I tend to use Master Balls on the legendaries since they can't breed. Plus, it reduces the amount of time that you waste trying to get one with good IVs and nature.