• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
The bike. Simple enough.

themochamonster

Loca for Mocha!
Hmm...

- Breeding
- Natures. I don't nessicarily care about training with them, I just think it makes Pokemon a bit more personal.
- Physical/Special split.
- Nicknames.
- Wi-Fi
- Transferring Pokemon from older games
- The bike. (If I can't have my Pokemon follow me, I want a freakin' bike.)
- The Elite Four
- Trainer rebattles
- Catching Pokemon

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Wi-fi
Breeding/Daycare

Those are what I use most at the moment.
Pretty sure there are some other things too.

Torterra, obviously.

centipede2000

I think it would suck if they removed battling...

But seriously, the bike. I'm not even sure I would continue to play the games if they removed it (and didn't replace it by something else)
I also wouldn't want them to remove HMs. I actually like them. I think it adds to the ingame difficulty and strategy to have to build a team while using them.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Aside from things that would never be taken away (evolution, the actual Pokèmo, etc.) I would miss the Physical/Special split. It makes so much more sense and is so much more realistic that I wouldn't enjoy the games nearly as much without it.

I would hate to lose the bike. Things would move way too slowly for me.

I also love registering a Key Item. You can just press Y and zoom away on your bike.

Wait, I have one besides Torterra.

Saving.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
The player character.

SmartD

The VS Seeker, athough it's gone in Black and White.

The ability to go a bit faster than normal = Bike/running shoes.

Breeding. So useful. I doubt it would be taken out due to the baby pokemon. Unless they made it so you could find them in the wild and have to evolve them into their basic forms.

Yes, the hidden items! Also shinies. Love them! Adds a bit of excitement when one comes rolling into view.

The gender selection! I was so pleased when Crystal came out! Until then I had to think up boy names or just go with ASH/RED/BLUE/SILVER/GOLD. I wanted to use my own name... then I decided to call her Crystal anyway <.< Now I think it is great!

Pokemon Hold items. At first I thought it made the game too complicated but now It is such a fundamental feature to comp battling and general gameplay.

Amulet coin!!!! and Lucky Egg!!!! Love those items!

Penguinist Trainer

I would probably hate it the most if they took shiny pokemon out of the game. I've never had the time to try chaining shinys like most players, so the number of shiny pokemon i have is relatively small. but every time i encountered a shiny that i was able to catch, i felt like a kid at christmas time. it was like a little reward for all the long hours i've been playing.

so shiny pokemon i would miss the most.

personally, i could care less if they removied nicknaming from the games, because in the 5th generation, they finally fixed the names the way i want them. i always hated how the names used to be in all capital letters, as if you were screaming the name at the top of your lungs, so when i "nicknamed" pokemon, all i did was fix the name so it was proper.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Two words: Running Shoes...

Without those, I'd have thrown my DS down a flight of stairs years ago and forgotten about Pokemon forevermore...I ain't traveling a continent the equivalent size of Germany at the pace of an old arthritic man...

Flame Mistress

Your pokemon following you.
But they got rid of it anyway... I miss you Vulpix! *sobs*

150th post! Yeah! Woo hoo! *throws loads and loads of confetti*