• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Autis-misc

Abridger
i want taken out:
Pokemon Musicals
the (pointless) Xtransciever
game exclusive areas ( i only got 1 game in each gen except 3, but i lost my ruby)

Things i miss:
the safari zone
pokemon following you
game corner (from the 3rd gen)

Armando Payne

Things I want taken out:
Natures/ivs/evs
X-transciever

Things I want to bring back:
The old Pal Park.
More diverse pokemon. (I.E not just Gen V Pokemon)
Pokemon following you.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Things I want:
Pokemon walking with you.
Safari Zone
Gym Leader Rematches
Battle Frontier

Things I want rid of:
Place exclusive events (Toys R Us giveaways ect.)

Magikarp. It will stay in pokemon games forever.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Gotta agree with rematches, particularly Gym Leader rematches. Those really add to the fun. The Battle Frontier stuff is also important; I like the Battle Subway from BW the best.

I also wish they'd keep the Pokemon following you feature from HGSS, as that was epic. It'd be nice to bring back Voltorb Flip, too. I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked that way more than the Game Corner games.

Finally, I'm extremely grateful that TMs are unlimited now and would be very unhappy if Gamefreak removed that feature.

If I could change anything, it would be making event exclusives easier to get, because anytime it's not over WiFi and I have to actually go out of my way to get the event, it's a challenge for me. ;157;

Zibdas

not bad
Gotta agree with rematches, particularly Gym Leader rematches. Those really add to the fun. The Battle Frontier stuff is also important; I like the Battle Subway from BW the best.
Wait, you like the BS? How? That thing is horrible!

Anyway, I would hate to have the Water/Fire/Grass starters or the remakes taken out.

I got some interesting feature that only in Gen2: If you Shuckle hold some random berries, few day later it will ferment into a berry juice, if you keep that berry juice for a long time, it will ferment again into a rare candy. Too bad they rid that feature in later gens, if not I will build a rare candies factory! muahahaha

Zibdas

not bad
I got some interesting feature that only in Gen2: If you Shuckle hold some random berries, few day later it will ferment into a berry juice, if you keep that berry juice for a long time, it will ferment again into a rare candy. Too bad they rid that feature in later gens, if not I will build a rare candies factory! muahahaha
I believe that works in HG/SS.

LaprasTamer

no pokemon i love pokemon they are awesome i think that they are over-rated by some people and praise nintendo for making it

Zibdas

not bad
I would hate to have all the Wi-fi stuff taken out,. but love to have the GTS taken out.

Electric

Game Freak always nerfs their games. No matter how small, they take features out of the next games. For example, no permanent running shoes in BW.

Game Freak = trolls

Cuddlebuns

They should've kept:
Pokethalon
Permanent running shoes
Pokemon following you
Being able to buy coins at the game corner
The "L=A" option
The Lottery
Berry Patches
Above-ground bases
Touch-screen menu
Diving the way it was in R/S/E (the Abyssal Ruins sucks)
Poketch
Getting 20 BP for beating a battle facility boss

They should take out:
Musicals/Contests/similar side-features that don't involve fun minigames
The C-gear being the permanent bottom screen feature (should be a menu option)

Poseidome

things they should have kept:
-the function of transferring pokemon into earlier generations.
Seriously, how am I supposed to teach my event Mew any move tutor moves from gen 3? excuse me, Gamefreaks, that I didn't participate in any of the four Mew events back during Gen 3 *rolleyes*
-pokemon following you
it's not a must-have, but if they introduce it they should go through with it.

stuff they should take out:
-Musicals
not a big deal, but it was such a random subquest. it's like they took the Super Contests, picked the stuff nobody liked and threw the actually good stuff into the trash can.

Last edited: