• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
Cute Pokemon.
If they made just strong looking Pokemon there wouldn't be minccino... And cute Pokemon are awesome.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
I would so hate it if fly was taken out...I didn't like the D/P surf speed at all...

Nirron

- Pokémon that follow you
- Pokémon contests
- New ways to earn ribbons

Got a feeling that Pokémon following you will be back once we get a 3DS game.
I'm sure it had something to do with performance issues on the DS.

Arceusgamer14

hated that was taken
Walking Pokemon
Sound effects in the Overworld. (HGSS)

Hated that would be taken out
Wi-Fi Features
Cute and beautiful Pokemon
Fly
Day and Night
Bike
Recyclable TMs (I just love them In BW)

Psycho Cut

Yeah, recyclable TMs are the best :D

I think having pokemon following you will be brought back in the 3rd 5th gen game, or in a game remake, as something to help it sell.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
I miss some of the features from the poketch (mainly the daycare related ones).

and the Vs Seeker!!! Sure Audino gives good exp, but the Vs Seeker helped EV train too.

Breeding and EV training got harder in BW

Wi-Fi, breeding and transfer from older versions D:

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I agree with you on the nicknaming thing; it's important for me to nickname my Pokemon, otherwise it's like calling my cat "Cat".

I'd hate for shinies to be taken out. They're my favourite thing in pokemon, and without them, I would probably only play very rarely.

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
What I hate...
~No more Pokemon Park Thingie...I miss walking my Jigglypuff...
~Now, I'm not sure about the other forests, but Pinwheel forest is lacking the "dappled sun on ground" effect that Platinum had. I liked that.
~Too much 3D. It just looks weird.
~The new battle look. Your pokemon looks WAY to pixelated.
What I would hate to see gone...
~The ability to nickname your Pokes.
~GTS...it's all good with the trading station.
~The ability to breed your Pokes.

scubajoffrey

The Joffrey Master
I could'nt live without the boy or girl thing. I would stop playing pokemon entirely without it.

AZX612

On my own here we go
What I Miss
Contests -~- I really want contests to make a comeback! = (

Pokeatholon -~- I think it should be carried through to future versions of the game.

Secret Bases -~- Not everybody has access to the Dream World = P Plus I just dont like the graphics...

The Underground -~- Partly because of the Secret Bases, because underground is aweosme, and partly because of the Multiplayer aspect. Plus Mining and underground in general was just plain awesome.

Capture Contests -~- I would like to see capture contests in more parts of the game, with more than just Bugs.

Walking with your Pokes -~- I want this back B|

Unearthing Fossils -~- Remember when you could find Fossils in appropriate spots? Cave, Desert, Ruins, etc. I know its a small detail, but I just dislike the handouts.

Cycling Road -~- I like having a special place to ride your bike ridiculously fast with very few obsticals in the way.

Game Corners -~- Virtual Gambling is the Gambling for me! = D I would never gamble with real money.

What I would hate to be taken out

Musical -~- Ive grown to love that as well

Fossil Pokes -~- Keep em coming Game Freak

Dragon Type/Dragon Like Pokemon -~- I would hate not to be able to have Dragonite, T-Tar, Flygon, Salamance, Garchomp, and Haxorus

Thats all I can think of right now...

Last edited:

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I really miss Pokemon Contests. I've been playing my Sapphire version lately, and they are so much fun. I love the strategy involved in customizing the moves and using their different effects to appeal effectively. Collecting free berries and making all those Pokeblock was worth it to see my Pokemon's Portrait in the Lilycove Art Mueseum. Pokemon Musicals simply pale in comparison.

I also miss earning Ribbons. In BW you can not earn ribbons for anything! Not for EV training, beating the Champion, nothing! I'd understand if the Musicals were the only thing lacking ribbons, but for Gamefreak to make Ribbons exclusive to Pokemon event giveaways is a pointless descision on their part. I love collecting ribbons and hate that my Gen 5 Pokemon can't have any.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I really hope they bring back the size chart in Grey. What was the point of taking it out?

DarkBahamut

The Devil Dragon
This is easy.
Secret bases.
But they took it out and have failed at making something better.
I want the old secret bases returned, with more items, more room, and wifi shared secret bases with your friends!

like the original RSE secret bases with the need to use secret power? Heck yea man, those need to be put back in. along with game corner slots, none of that voltorb flip crap

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Am I the only person who misses the "Size" option in the Pokedex? You know, the one where you compare a Pokemon's size to your player character's size. Oh, and I miss the Vs. Seeker, also.

Wailord. I had such a great time laughing at how small you really were...

I miss the Pokemon following you, even though I never got to experience that.
Safari Zone was okay, but to be honest I never was there much in the first place.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I miss being able to name your rival. Better yet, there's two. This may be the only generation where you can't name your rival.

I would hate to see the Lucky Egg go. That made getting Exp. so much easier.

Zibdas

not bad
I miss being able to name your rival. Better yet, there's two. This may be the only generation where you can't name your rival.

I would hate to see the Lucky Egg go. That made getting Exp. so much easier.

R/S/E wouldn't let you either.