• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Falk

What I miss:
-Pokemon walking after you
-VS seeker

What I think never should be taken away:
-Nicknaming pokemon
-pokemon breeding
-transfer pokemon from older versions
-The possiblity to use TM's more than once
-Seasons

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
i would hate it if shinys where taken out

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Pokemon following you. I LOVED this in HGSS, and I was so ad when Gamefreak didn't put it in Black/White. Eh, I still have hope with the next game, though....

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Following pokes, underground, vs seeker.....*sigh* they made some good stuff, and take away other good stuff.

firebolt

I miss game corners, Pokemon being able to follow you like in HG/SS. Also i miss Pokemon contests, secret bases, gym leader rematches and some more things.

deviantShiny

Shiny Data Collector
I miss the whole mining thing, now it's much harder to get these things in White, and if you have black you have to BUY THEM. I miss the Pokewatch as well, it was pretty cool and all, you had your Calculator and Peodmeter right there and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. I also miss how when R/S/E came out there was a double battle everywhere, and it was cool. But now running into a double battle is as rare as a Shiny. They have 2 in the whole game, 3 if you position yourself right before entering the E4 area. I also hate how they brought in 2 different ways to battle and you only do them once or twice. But I digress...

I'd hate if they took out Dive again, Dive is so much fun, replacing it with other in D/P/Plat. was the worst thing ever. I remember Dive from R/S/E and how much fun was it to look for the 8th Gym City? I'd also hate if they took out Nicknaming your rival. I mean for the next new game I hope they add it in again cause it's fun that you can name him something stupid, or whatever but it kind of makes you feel closer to him in a way, LOL

Zibdas

not bad
I'd miss Nosepass.
GF, don't you dare.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Following... Oh well. It was the BEST, and I wish I could see Emboar following me. Or Reshiram. Man, Ho-Oh following me was the best.

Shinies. I would have a serious FIT if they were taken out.

Naming your character.

Getting to CATCH Legandaries. I have fallen back on Ho-Oh so many times.

MOVE ANIMATIONS. I feel bad for the poor saps who keep the animations off. T_T

Non-effective moves. If you're going up against the Elite Four, have a Stoutland that knows Shadow Ball. Best move I ever made.
This is getting rambling, isn't it? I once rambled at schoo *slaps duct tape on mouth* Mhh mhhh mhh mhhhhhhh... *shakes fist*

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I would miss breeding, battling, catching pokemon, shinies. things like that make the game good. the bold is the point of the game and can not be taken out EVER. i would also miss pokemon

Vulken

The OD of the OG
Secret bases would be awesome to have since we can now connect with friends across the world. I also wish they'd make it so that you can have your Pokemon follow you around if you want, meaning it can be turned off.

I really miss the original Special stat ,the special split was for balancing i know but really it was cooler back then.I really hate EVs n IVs remeber when you just had to get experience to reach max stats god nintendo find a way to make it fun

Nyter

Island Challenger
I am so glad they kept the red/blue indication of stat boost/decrease when it comes to natures.
They need to keep that!
Before I had to search natures ALL THE TIME!

ToeyJoey

The Count
I would miss breeding, battling, catching pokemon, shinies. things like that make the game good. the bold is the point of the game and can not be taken out EVER. i would also miss pokemon

Exactly. They cannot be taken out because it is the point of the game. They would never take out battling or catching Pokémon from the main series games. Why are we still going on about it? So many ridiculous posts like this in this thread already. It has been done to death.

(Sorry to make an example of your post, it was just the last one I saw.)