• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I'd feel really pissed if breeding was taken out. The way I see it, it only takes one paranoid mom complaining to Nintendo about Pokemon screwing each other to get it banned for good. Remember the bull**** with the slot machines?

TheAwesomeOne

One thing that I would like to be taken out is trade evolutions. I mean, can't you just level up a Scyther while holding a Metal Coat?!?!?!

jstinftw!

hey trainer
The Nickname option. Physical/Special Attack difference. Male and Female distinction. Lucky Egg. REUSING TMS. Trainer Rebattles. Moving Pokemon. Move Relearner.

Man, if they took those out... It'd suck. They already took out the VS Seeker, Following Pokemon, and the Slot Machines. @_____@

Meowth City

Staff member
No one mentioned the Exp. Share. I can't imagine having to train weak Pokemon without it. The old school switch training is too long and tedious.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Berry trees :( thats how i got most of my berries...but theyre gone
and Game Corners, Cyclign Roads, and the original Leaf Blade sprite was better

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
The Battle Frontier. I'm not going to expect it in the first two expansions of a gen, but I hope they always have it in the third. That was always something to look forward to after completing the game.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
Exp Share - In R/B/Y this item was crap but after G/S/C it was the only way to really train your pokemon.

Day/Night/Seasons - These are in relatively a few of the games but I love the aspects that they induce. They make the games feel real.

WiFi events/battles/trades/communications - This allows all of us to actually interact with each other with our games. I love it.

Things that got taken out but I wish were still available.

Bug Catching Tournament - This got taken out, but it was one of my favorite aspects in G/S/C.

Things they should take out IMO

The Elite Four - Barring the 1st and 5th gen Elite Fours, I've hated the Elite Four. It serves no purpose other than saying you really beat the game. Whereas in the 5th gen they were a part of the story which I loved.

Gym Leaders - Unless Gamefreak gives the gym leaders an overhaul, this has become a tedious and boring part of the game. Again they only act as barriers and it has just become so lame to fight the in-game AI barring the Battle Subway - those fights can be fun.

T-Moar

Resident Genwunner
I seriously miss the ability to name my rival. What good is a Pokemon game without a character named Douche?

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
The Y select. The most convenent thing in the game.

BattleFanatic14

I wouldn't want them to take out hidden items. I like the challenge of using my dowsing machine everywhere I go. I believe I have found EVERY hidden item in Unova.

Also, I'd be fine with taking out nicknames. In fact, I'd probably prefer they did. I just think it's dumb to give your Pokémon a different name.

Having your Pokemon follow you!

...Oh wait...