• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Things they should take out IMO

The Elite Four - Barring the 1st and 5th gen Elite Fours, I've hated the Elite Four. It serves no purpose other than saying you really beat the game. Whereas in the 5th gen they were a part of the story which I loved.

Gym Leaders - Unless Gamefreak gives the gym leaders an overhaul, this has become a tedious and boring part of the game. Again they only act as barriers and it has just become so lame to fight the in-game AI barring the Battle Subway - those fights can be fun.

You're kidding, right? Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 ARE the games. Why would they take out the game itself?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Yep, I'd have a hard time dealing with the removal of nicknames. I really put a lot of love into most of my nicknames, and it really lends a personal touch to the Pokemon you train. Besides that, it makes it easier to recognize individual Pokemon you have of the same species.

Skydra

I seriously miss the ability to name my rival. What good is a Pokemon game without a character named Douche?

Well there was no rival naming in a couple games before B/W...

I'd agree with nicknames being important though. Not quite as much now that enemy Pokemon aren't in all caps, but still.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
You're kidding, right? Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 ARE the games. Why would they take out the game itself?

They never would, because it's a part of the formula to the games. I'm more or less talking about an overhaul/reinvention of these aspects. But honestly I don't need to beat the Elite Four. Gym battles like I said are only barriers and you'd be lucky if one of the gyms was actually challenging.

Just a note, the Battle Subway actually had a trainer who had a BellyDrum Charizard. Why can't a gym leader have that level of creativity and challenge? Just saying.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Nicknames. They let you make your Pokemon be more personal.
Shinies, since it gives you something to be proud of after all that SR'ing, or if you run into one randomly.
Hold items are important to competitive battling.
Animated sprites.
Secret bases NEED to come back. And not those piece of crap ones from Sinnoh, but the awesome ones inside trees and walls and bushes from Hoenn. I would just like if they were a bit bigger and you were allowed to have as many items as you want, rather than that 16 item limit.
Having Pokemon follow you .... even though that was already taken away. :| That was my favorite feature so far, and I'm hoping they bring it back. T__T

Jdbriggs

Osha-WHAT!?! Breeder
i dont want the moving sprites to be taken out forever moving sprites forever

Haunter ゴースト

Things they should take out IMO

The Elite Four - Barring the 1st and 5th gen Elite Fours, I've hated the Elite Four. It serves no purpose other than saying you really beat the game. Whereas in the 5th gen they were a part of the story which I loved.

Gym Leaders - Unless Gamefreak gives the gym leaders an overhaul, this has become a tedious and boring part of the game. Again they only act as barriers and it has just become so lame to fight the in-game AI barring the Battle Subway - those fights can be fun.

Tell me your joking, what other point would their be in pokemon besides catching them if their wasn't the Gyms and E4, they are what makes the games!

I agree it would be a lot better if they have more of a role in the games besides battling just like in B/W, but no way should they get rid of them.

Anyway, on topic if they got rid of the new moving animation sprites i would be annoyed, i feel like the game is more alive with them and enjoy wild encounters more often unlike the plain still previous four generation sprites.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
nuggets, those thigns have saved my life in game at a few points in time

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Your lead Pokemon following you

The day and night cycle

Moving Sprites

Well it seems everything I've wanted to not be taken out... has been taken out at one point -_-

It'd be nice if we could keep them in this time.

D. Scott

I miss the lead Pokemon following you. I'd also hate for shinies to be taken out. IAN LIKE SHINY THINGS. Sparkly sparkleee-

*shot*

I'd also really hate for the moving sprites to be taken out. D:

Flame Mistress

I miss the lead Pokemon following you. I'd also hate for shinies to be taken out. IAN LIKE SHINY THINGS. Sparkly sparkleee-

*shot*

I'd also really hate for the moving sprites to be taken out. D:

Ugh. Some of the moving sprites are just... WRONG. But some are just adorable.

Eh, they've already taken out almost everything that I cared about. To be more specific, Vs. Seeker, Pokeathelon(That was a fun way to waste time, and you got rewards and such. What's the point of the musical?), Secret bases(The good ones from R/S/E, not the crap ones from D/P/Pt), and the pokemon following you feature. The only things that I would care if they removed at this point would be shinies and the EVs.

-Resident evil ;448;

Aegon

Well, they got rid of two fantastic updates HGSS brought: Running Shoes lock and following Pokémon. I miss the VS Seeker, too. I'd hate if animated sprites were removed, and if Wi-Fi capability was taken out. Oh, and, of course, the Physical/Special split.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Having Pokemon follow you .... even though that was already taken away. :| That was my favorite feature so far, and I'm hoping they bring it back. T__T

They'll add it back in Gray. GF always takes stuff out and adds it back in later.

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
Tyranitars, nuff said!
lol

Renalin

Moving sprites, love! I also like how when you put a pokemon to sleep, their eyes actually close. But I hate how they've taken out the lead pokemon following you, pokemon contests/pokeathlon, Vs. Seeker, and Pokeradar.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
If nicknaming became unavailable, I don't think I'd play anymore. It'd lose so much of the personalisation feel.