• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Things I would miss:
  • EV's and Natures
  • Wifi Trading
  • Battle Subway/Battle frontier
  • Elite Four/Trainer Rematches
  • Gym leader involvement in plot
  • Sympathetic antagonists (N)
  • Infinite use TM's

Things I do miss:
  • A fun sidegame (Boo Musical, yay Pokeathlon and voltorb flip)
  • Battle frontier stuff other than the tower
  • Pokewalker

Things I would NOT miss:
  • IV's (EV's and Natures fill the pokemon customization role better)
  • Musical
  • Levels going up to 100 (I think you could stop at 70 or 80 just fine)

I actually like the fact that they did a separate music track for critical health. That constant ringing noise in the older games annoyed me to no end, in BW they made it somewhat enjoyable. On a related note, gym leaders with a separate track was pretty nice too. Wish they had done the same for the E4.

The thing I don't like about the separate track for critical health is that sometimes it interrupts the awesome music and it really sucks

Derp

[Something funny]
I miss the Poke-walker alot.

The thing was just so much fun as you could train your Pokemon and catch some too while going on a run.

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
The thing I don't like about the separate track for critical health is that sometimes it interrupts the awesome music and it really sucks

For me... that was only N's final battle. I wasted so many potions just to hear the music again.

SuchAnNFangirl

XX-SHADOW-XX

Sir Aaron's Lucario
breeding,trading,legendaries actually, everything so don't change anything!!!!

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I miss the Poke-walker alot.

The thing was just so much fun as you could train your Pokemon and catch some too while going on a run.

I'm actually GLAD they stopped the Pokewalker. I used it for about two weeks and then realized just how boring and annoying it was. I really hope they do not return that.

Zibdas

not bad
I actually miss the Pokes that would only appear at night. Good times.

I can remember when I first got Pearl, trying to catch Rotom post-bedtime...

hawkmbl

Curious
I would not like it if Wi-fi features were removed (The current black and white ones), and I miss the game corners (No more game coins for TMs... :()

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
I wish they'd bring back the slot games.

Zibdas

not bad

Elfywara

Gerbils Girl
I miss the time when the first Pokémon in your party was walking behind you... I find it so cute!!! (R.I.P. Tamagotchi fan)

And i would hate so much if they take back the reused TMs! Very convenient.

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
NEVER remove the reusable TM's. When I went to get some Pokemon ready to tranfer to white with TM's, I realized I had used Dark Pulse on my Lucario, now I have to chain-breed to get it to a Deino.

Dunsparce4prez

I do not miss one-use TMs, required HMs, pokeradar, pokegear, E4 members with just 5 pokemon, huge boring caves like RBYFrLg Mt. Moon and every Victory Road but BW's.

I would not miss the C-Gear, Fly as an HM, vanillite etc., klink etc., trubbish etc., and truant on slaking. Oh and those X Attacks and Dire Hits that take up all that space in your bag.

I do miss the Poketch, Professor Oak, your dad as a gym leader, Safari Zone, contests, and older pokemon catchable earlier in the game. I appreciate using all new pokemon, but I really appreciate mixing my in game teams generations. Having my Alakazam alongside my Zoroark through the gyms would have been epic.

Flying Raichu

oh! gravity.
I miss walking Pokemon, older Pokemon available earlier, and rematches. I would hate to see the physical/special split removed, along with nicknaming and breeding.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I dunno if its been mentioned, but I miss pokemon walking behind me, like in hg/ss. I bet some of the new 'mons (samurott, zebrastrika, braviary, reuniclus, haxorus to name a few) would have had cool overworld sprites.
Id also hate it if they took out nicknames, as has been stated several times. For the players that do nickname, like me, it helps add a whole new dimension.
Id also be upset if they took out a bunch of my favorite tms, like dark pulse and dragon pulse. Wait a minute....

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
...your dad as a gym leader...

Amen to that. I think that's the only time we've actually known where the dad is in these games.

I would miss PokeRus.

The Flash

I like shorts!
I love how it's harder to delete games now. Before, it wasn't that hard to accidentally have it deleted by a younger sibling. Now you have to go out of your way to. I would miss that feature a lot b

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I already miss my glitched Pokémon...
Nintendo should make MissingNO. the very last Pokémon in the games. That would be awesome...

TheEpicGoomba

I miss
When Pokemon walked behind you
Not having to press B to run
Pokeathlon
Cool glitchs

Hate to be taken out
Running shoes
Bike
Infinate Tms