• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
I would list 2 that were already lost but were dearly missed

1. Game Corner in HGSS: Other than the Japanese version, the others got a crappy excuse of a minesweeper game instead of the slots and card flipping, which is just complete BS in my opinion.

2. Battle Points betting in Battle Frontier: We all remember the guy in the house next to the battle pyramid who takes bets of up to 15 BP and upon you winning the required event, gaining 45 BP back. They took it out in PtHGSS which made gaining BP much harder.

Also, I wished the XTansiver can be used like the match call in RSE. Otherwise it just sits pointlessly in the ba for nothing. I mean come on! It's a watch with a phone it in!

Last edited:

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I miss the VS seeker, and I miss having Pokemon follow you like they did in HG/SS.

I also miss the Safari Zone and the Battle Frontier.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I miss Pokemon being able to follow you around :(. And secret bases. I'd hate it if they took out shiny pokemon for some odd reason ;P.

Last edited:

Matt Thorne

Pokémon Collector
I miss the VS seeker, and I miss having Pokemon follow you like they did in HG/SS.

I think it'd be cool if that was a feature you could turn on an off.

I thought it was fun. And somewhat funny when HO-OH was flying behind me wherever I went.

It also bugs me that there aren't any new ribbons in Black and White. They didn't really "take them out" per se, since you can still see ribbons on Pokémon transferred from Gen IV, but the fact that you don't get one for beating the Unova League bugs me.

AmericanPi

Write on
Things I do miss

- Pokemon following you. I wish there was an option that let you turn it on or off.

- Trainer/gym leader rematches. I especially loved squaring off against Falkner's rematch team in HeartGold, my bird Pokemon against his bird Pokemon. I won, but only by using a million revives and hyper potions.

- The Battle Frontier. The Battle Subway is a lame excuse of a Battle Frontier, for it doesn't even have a facility like the Battle Factory.

- Seals. Yeah, they're just stickers, but they're pretty. I loved to stick the word "Yay" onto my Snorlax's Pokeball, just for fun. :p

Things I would miss if they were taken out:

- Moving Pokemon, etc. in the battle scenes. It really gives life and depth to battles.

- The Bike. Even though it's kind of pointless, I like to hear the music change as you hop onto it.

Things I would NOT miss:

- Pokemon Musical. I mean, you can't even GET anything from it.

- The Xtransceiver. It's just a stupid phone that you don't use much.

- In-life events... my mom would never, EVER drive me to Gamestop (which is very far away from my house) just so that I could get a computer image. :(

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I would miss the bike the most, or nicknaming!
I do miss the Pokétch, even though it was only in one generation, it's so fun to mess with!

IggyAndDenryu

InsertWittyThingHere
I miss the battle frontier, pokemon following you around, contests, Secret bases, planting berries, Seals, the VS seeker, the pokemon radar, the safari zone...

You know, Pokemon got a whole lot more boring after the 5th gen came out...these were pretty much the reasons why I kept playing pokemon after I beat the game. ._.

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
I do kind of miss the safari zone.

Lol they could have made a new York zoo safari zone in unova! XD

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
Things I would miss if they were taken out:
- Animated sprites (though I'm sure they'll retain this..)
- Migrating Pokemon. I really hope there won't be a 2nd-3rd gen. incompatibility in the future games.
- A rival/rival battles
- Running shoes
- Day/night and season transitions.
- Reusable TMs

Things I miss already:
- VS Seeker
- Berry planting. I know it got transferred to DW but...it's not the same okay. D;
- Safari Zone
- Game Corner. It's like they were indecisive about letting it stay in HG/SS, then they just totally removed it in B/W. -__-
- Pokeball seals!
- Secret bases
- A side/minigame thing. The Musical is a joke..

10151993 said:
id miss shinys

Wow, that post is just so... Expressive.

Also, I miss the VS. Seeker. It just made EV training so much easier.

I guess I'd like to see the pokemon walking in the overworld around again, but with two frames a piece, plus shinies, that's 2596 extra sprites right there, so I don't think that's be showing up again any time soon.

EDIT:
Also,
Armando Payne said:
Natures/ivs/evs
Natures/ivs/evs
Natures/ivs/evs

Natures/ivs/evs

What.

Last edited:

Summer Sun!
Wow, that post is just so... Expressive.

I guess I'd like to see the pokemon walking in the overworld around again, but with two frames a piece, plus shinies, that's 2596 extra sprites right there, so I don't think that's be showing up again any time soon.

EDIT:
Also,

What.

i know right?

tencnaliy 50% of them already exist do to entree forest

Manga

I haven't played the BW games yet so I don't know if any of these have already been taken out, but I would miss the bike, the physical/special split, and the VS Seeker. Running shoes could be taken out for me as I have enough patience to walk everywhere but I still like the bike and it's faster anyway. The physical/special split makes sense now and should have been what they started with anyway. VS Seeker was very useful in order for me to grind. Since I'm not a competitive battler and don't trade either, wifi could be taken out but I don't think a lot of players would like that.

Skevengal

Pokémon Rogue
I would miss it if they took out Pokemon from the Pokemon game.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
What i really miss from HGSS is how I don't have to hold down B for the running shoes. I wouldn't have minded a similar funstion that I could turn on of off like HGSS in BW.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
If they got rid of the c gear. The idea of it is awesome to me.