• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Zibdas

not bad
I would hate to have Pokemon, battles and EV items taken out.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
i miss the alternating link battle music in 3rd gen link battles. anyone remember that?

i would miss rival rematches. i do them mainly to listen to their battle theme. thanks a lot R/S/E...

for all posts on battle frontier, did R/S and D/P have battle frontier? no, just the tower, which got boring. why should B/W get frontier right off the bat? battle subway most clearly does NOT replace frontier, but only battle tower, and does a wonderful job of replacing the tower. i don't miss frontier, personally, since i know the next games will bring it.

just wanted to mention that to those who don't understand the missing battle frontier.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
I really liked the pokethalon (sp?) from HG/SS and the way Pokemon contests were done in R/S/E. This new "musical" crap they have in B/W really sucks. There is really no challenge to it at all. Just moving sprites. Bleh!

Those are the things I miss now. I would miss the gyms if they took those out, but I wouldn't mind if they put a different spin on the story.

PirateBite

I miss being able to buy evo stones from the pokemart. Hunting for dust clouds for hours on end hoping to nab the one stone I need is just balls.

Zibdas

not bad
I just now realized that they've had the same cave theme for like, ever. I'd hate to have that removed.

Ossus

Overseer
I was shitting bricks in heartgold/soulsilver when you could battle Red. And when Gary was the leader of Viridian City's Gym. I think every pokemon game should have 2 or more ares with cameos or continuation on the history of the game.

JoshR

Almost Useless
I hope they don't completely phase out HM's. They almost did in BW. I also wish they hadn't taken out Pikachu in B/W. I need a light ball.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I would hate it if all trainers in the next gen had Pokemon up to level 50 because in Black and White, it's so easy and fun to train! And I would like it if Game Freak makes it possible to get more Focus Sash's in game again, and they better not make Rock Smash an HM again!

xack

i wish they wouldnt have taken out the auto lv 100 6 on 6 battles and replaced with flat rule.

Gracidea

Aroma Guardian
I miss the night time music that made the game have amazing calm music like Jubilife City.
I would hate too see weather changes leave because it adds a lot of depth to the game.

xEthereal

Birds of Prey > You
I wouldn't want them to take out the little sentence describing your Pokemon, I think it has to do with IV's. My Espeon "regularly dozes off" which I think is cute, and my Charmeleon "is proud of it's power." Damn right it is, it's strong as hell. It helps inject a little bit of personality into the game.