• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Features You Miss/Would Hate To Be Taken Out

Nakashima

I really miss the pokemon following you, that was the most amazing feature in HGSS in my opinion. Still sad they took that out =/

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
What I miss:
-Pokemon walking after you
-VS seeker
-The possiblity to use TM's more than once
-Seasons

These right here are the best GF has done. I was so excited when I used my first TM in White and it didn't disappear!

I really want the VS seeker back. That made it so easy to power level your pokemon (I am not a competetive battler so I don't really have much use for EVs

DrasticPhase

Half ded
What i miss
-VS. Seeker
-pokemon following you
-battle factory(if that's what you call it)

what i will miss if GF have takes out
-events
-wifi

The Walking of the Pokemon. Why remove it? Why, Gamefreak, why?

Also, I love the infinite TM thing. So many good moves...now I can use them on all of my Pokemon!

The Pokemon behind you, as many have said.
Hard victory roads. The one in RSE was the best of all.
And the Masuda method.

Last edited:

kyogreblue3

take a byte
-Pokemon Following You (tons of people love it! WHY TAKE IT OUT, GAMEFREAK?!?)
-VS Seeker
-Taking pictures with Your Team (I'd do that ALL the time in HG/SS, but they don't have it in BW . . .)
-Forever use of TM's! That's the thing I love the most in BW and NEVER want it to be taken out!

PoliSWAG

Banned
Along with the rest of these dogs here I miss when my Pokemon would follow me. I also really liked the VS seeker and I think it should be brought back.

Grei

not the color
Along with the rest of these dogs here I miss when my Pokemon would follow me. I also really liked the VS seeker and I think it should be brought back.

You're back!

I agree with this post. I miss having them follow the player... I hope that that becomes a staple feature either in later games this Gen or in the 6th Gen. Even though there's a good chance I won't be playing by then. VS Seeker should have never been removed.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
What I miss: the VS. Seeker, The Game Corner(D/P/Pt.), Any Pokemon following you(HG/SS), loss of important TMs(Dark Pulse, Roost, Giga Drain, and Stealth Rock)

What I would miss if GF took them out: Move Tutors, Infinite TMs, the bicycle, WiFi, and the Dream World.

ShadowScar Knight

Mexican Buddha!
Rebattling all trainers and gym leaders, secret bases, various tutor moves -- wait. *looks at B&W* ffffffuuuuuuu

... well, I'd sorely miss breeding, the bike, events, and the useful physical/special split. D:

I miss the HGSS Game Corner, Safari Zone, and Pokemon following you.

I would miss infinite TM usages, breeding, DW abilities (although the DW itself leaves something to be desired), and other stuff.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
I miss pokemon walking after you and the vs seeker

I would miss the bicycle, the breeding, and the abilities, both normal and DW

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The reason Pokemon following you is actually justified.

B&W were in development about the same time as Platinum.

Now anyone who has done any form of Hacking into the scripts of HGSS know that every script has to move the Player, and the Pokemon, and the game crashes if any OW entity tries to walk over either person.

Now, since the Games were in development around Platinum (wich was before HGSS), it's safe to assume all the scripts had been made already. To last-minute insert the 'Follow Me' Pokemon from HGSS would take a long time, as every script would have to be re-written (BW has a ton of scripts, since map movement is scripted too). That would probally have pushed the Game's release back another month or so.

I'm betting dollars to doughnuts they have all the OW sprites, and have every intention of inserting them in Grey, as they have more time to work with the scripts.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
The reason Pokemon following you is actually justified.

B&W were in development about the same time as Platinum.

Now anyone who has done any form of Hacking into the scripts of HGSS know that every script has to move the Player, and the Pokemon, and the game crashes if any OW entity tries to walk over either person.

Now, since the Games were in development around Platinum (wich was before HGSS), it's safe to assume all the scripts had been made already. To last-minute insert the 'Follow Me' Pokemon from HGSS would take a long time, as every script would have to be re-written (BW has a ton of scripts, since map movement is scripted too). That would probally have pushed the Game's release back another month or so.

I'm betting dollars to doughnuts they have all the OW sprites, and have every intention of inserting them in Grey, as they have more time to work with the scripts.

I think you got the point there, what you said really makes sense

AbbieA

Mommy's Princess <3
what i miss: secret bases. they really could have gone somewhere with that in this gen :/
pokemon following you
the game corner from SGC

what i would miss: wifi
event
shaymin <3

Phoopes

There it is.
Yes! Secret bases need to return, and I don't mean the crappy ones in the Underground. The REAL secret bases like in Ruby and Sapphire. I have access to way more of my friends' secret bases in that game because you only had to mix records with someone. The Wi-Fi feature of the underground would be okay... BUT I DON'T HAVE WI-FI! Thus, that prevented me from catching Spiritomb, a Pokemon that I would have loved to have on my team. So, they should reinclude the Ruby/Sapphire-esque bases, with Secret Power. Trust me, over 3 hours of gameplay were spent with me looking for my friends' secret bases. That was fun in itself. And then getting to battle a team of their Pokemon? Even better. That is what Secret Bases should return to.
*Rant over.*

Axel

Orange Champion
If nicknaming was taken out, I'd be upset. I like naming things. :p

I miss having my Pokemon follow me around, though. We only had it in Yellow and HGSS, and a lot of people seemed to like it. It adds atmosphere to the game.