• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Game Ideas and Wishlists - Yes We Can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Power

Because Rayquaza has it's mikado organ which makes it Mega Evolve, while Xerneas and Yveltal were said to be in AZ's weapon when it fired. I think there is some connection.

Sprinter1988

HGSS seems to indicate otherwise, as they started in this direction already.

Aside from the Sinjoh Ruins, which are not accessible by any route, the northernmost point in all of Kanto and Johto is Lake of Rage, which is surrounded by forest and, as the image implies, mountains:

The moves were fine, although 4th gen certainly did greatly improve a lot of those types. It was the Pokemon selection that was the problem. The only Ghost type in the game was part Poison, and many of the Bugs were fairly weak.

The bugs of Gen 1 are not that weak. Admittedly taking Beedrill or Venomoth into Sabrina's gym is just asking for trouble, Scyther, Pinsir, Butterfree and Parasect have no such problems - their problems were always a lack of moves, a problem that was not really resolved for Butterfree until Silver Wind turned up, and was not resolved for the other three until X-Scissor arrived. Add in moves like Bug Bite, Signal Beam, Bug Buzz and U-Turn then any one of those four pokemon should do fine against Sabrina. Failing that there is, as I said before, the fact that so many more pokemon learn dark, ghost and bug type attacks anyway.

Go here to see just how many more Gen 1 pokemon can learn Crunch through level up now compared to back in Gen 3:http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Crunch_(move)#By_leveling_up

I'll give you Marill, Heracross, and Sneasel, but the others haven't really been in that many regional dexes. Togepi and Misdreavus have only been in two (Johto and Sinnoh in both cases), and Skarmory and Murkrow have only been in three (Johto, Hoenn, and Unova for Skarmory and Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos for Murkrow).

But they still get into other games in the post-game. The only main-series games released after its debut that Togepi is completely unobtainable in (unless through trade) are the 3rd Gen Hoenn games. Its in G/S/C, FR/LG, D/P/Pt, White, X/Y and OR/AS. Exactly the same can be said for Murkrow. Skarmory, on the other hand, is available in S/C, R/S/E, FR, D/P/Pt, SS, B2/W2, X/Y and ORAS.

I'll give you that Misdreavus is less common though.

EDIT: Also, considering that Johto is right next door, I expect there to be more 2nd gen Pokemon than 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, so it wouldn't be too outlandish to see a few Johto Com Mons like Marill.

Actually Marill is quite a rare pokemon in Johto. It only appears in a swarm in Mt Mortar and the Meadow Area of the Johto Safari Zone.

We don't need this many Grass and Bug types, we have a lot of them already. The entire point of an expanded dex is to add type variety, the Kanto Dex is lacking in types like Dark, Steel, Ghost, and Dragon so those types should have more focus.

Sinnoh and Hoenn had similar problems: in Sinnoh it was fire and dragon, in Hoenn it was ice.

Magnemite's line is already steel. Give Onix and Scyther the ability to evolve before obtaining the national dex and you've already got more steel type options than Sinnoh had fire and Hoenn had ice (before dex expansion in later versions). Do the same for Eevee into Umbreon, add in Houndour and Mega Gyarados and we're good to go on dark types. Let Seadra evolve into Kingdra for another dragon, along with Mega Charizard X. As for Ghost, fine add in Misdreavus.

BTW, of the Pokemon I mentioned adding, Pineco and Burmy can evolve into steel types, like you want, Hoothoot, Spinarak and Aipom can learn several ghost/dark type moves through level-up or TM, Seedot evolves to gain Dark typing, Shroomish evolves into Breloom adding another fighting type to the dynamic, while Ledyba, Wurmple and Combee give more bug type options to face psychic types with.

I never said they should worship legendaries, and as I stated later on, it'd be better if they didn't involve themselves with the legendaries (or at least not until post game, as I do think they could play a role in a Mewtwo subplot). What I'm saying is that Team Rocket needs more complex motives than "Take over X area so we can do random bad stuff", that makes for a boring plot. I want to see them adopt the strengths of the later plots in that they have an overarching plan that spans the entire game instead of a collection of random skirmishes.

You're simplifying Team Rocket's actions - they were not random. Their goal was to make money off of pokemon, with the Game Corner serving as their primary source of revenue. They were looking for fossils at Mt Moon so as to sell the fossils for profit. (Also, the Game Corner gives away Clefairy as prizes, a pokemon found only on Mt Moon!). The guy at Nugget Bridge was attempting to recruit new agents. The guy at the Dig Master's house... I'm not sure about him. Maybe he's just a rogue agent or something, or was sent to get the Dig TM so they could replicate it and give it out at the Game Corner.

From what I can tell, the situation in Lavender Town where Mr Fuji was taken hostage and a Marowak was killed is the result of a botched mission regarding the obtaining of Cubone skulls.

The take-over of the Silph Co. also served a purpose. Team Rocket obtained the Silph Scope from the Silph Co. allowing them to enter pokemon tower to search for Cubone in the first place. They also sought, but never got, the Master Ball, which would have been excellent for allowing Team Rocket to catch more pokemon more easily. In addition to there, many other items are manufactured by Silph Co, all of which would have benefited Team Rocket greatly - poke, great and ultra balls, regular, super, hyper and max potions, full restores, repels, escape ropes and most TM's.

Just because their story was not as convoluted as some others, don't dismiss it as "Random Skirmishes"

I was thinking more Rowan, Juniper, and Sycamore. Yeah, Sycamore was a bit too little, too late, but at least he got out of his lab and did something unlike Oak who does nothing for the entire game.

Which reminds me, why does pretty much everyone turn a blind eye to what Team Rocket is doing? Where was Oak when Team Rocket took over Silph Co.? What about the gym leaders or Elite 4? Surely they do something besides sitting in their gym and twiddling their thumbs waiting for challengers, all of the other regions' trainers take action. What about Mr. Fuji, why doesn't he do anything besides give you the damn Poke Flute? At this point I'd even welcome the idea of Leaf being a friendly rival that helps you against them even though the idea's been done to death already. There is literally no depth to Kanto's plot whatsoever.

Most Gym Leaders do nothing. Only Wallace has anything to do with Team Aqua/Team Magma. Only Lance (as Champion) has anything to do with the Team Rocket Resurgence in Jotho, Only Cynthia played any kind of role against Team Galactic, no Gym Leader/E4/Champ has anything to do with taking down Team Flare. Only the Unova Leaders make a real effort, and then only in B/W.

Not if they follow RL Kanto, there's an entire prefecture of Kanto that is unrepresented in the series that they could put further north:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tochigi_Prefecture

The environment of the prefecture could also fit a mountainous section too, there's ski resorts, hot springs, shrines, and temples.

And what purpose would this really serve? You mention shrines and temples. Do I assume that's how you'd get every single legendary in?

EDIT: Something else I forgot to mention. With Cinnibar Island's volcano they can probably get away with retconning out Pokemon Mansion, distribution wise it would be redundant since all of the Pokemon there could be found in the volcano and they could move the Mewtwo diaries into the lab.

While they could move the Mewtwo diaries to the lab, the point of Pokemon mansion is that it was destroyed by Mewtwo - the ruin is there to signify the power of the artificially created Pokemon.
Other legendary Pokemon have their myths and legends, some have shrines and temples, others have cave painting or statues, all dedicated to revealing their history and their power. All Mewtwo has is the ruined mansion and the few journals found within.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Aside from the Sinjoh Ruins, which are not accessible by any route, the northernmost point in all of Kanto and Johto is Lake of Rage, which is surrounded by forest and, as the image implies, mountains:

No, that's the northernmost part they let you explore. And they can make retcons as necessary to accommodate new areas, they've done it before in BW2.

The bugs of Gen 1 are not that weak. Admittedly taking Beedrill or Venomoth into Sabrina's gym is just asking for trouble, Scyther, Pinsir, Butterfree and Parasect have no such problems - their problems were always a lack of moves, a problem that was not really resolved for Butterfree until Silver Wind turned up, and was not resolved for the other three until X-Scissor arrived. Add in moves like Bug Bite, Signal Beam, Bug Buzz and U-Turn then any one of those four pokemon should do fine against Sabrina. Failing that there is, as I said before, the fact that so many more pokemon learn dark, ghost and bug type attacks anyway.

Go here to see just how many more Gen 1 pokemon can learn Crunch through level up now compared to back in Gen 3:http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Crunch_(move)#By_leveling_up

Again, little kids aren't going to know to use those Pokemon, they need something more obvious. Putting something like Houndour and Murkrow one route over would alleviate that, little kids would find those Pokemon much easier than anything else.

But they still get into other games in the post-game. The only main-series games released after its debut that Togepi is completely unobtainable in (unless through trade) are the 3rd Gen Hoenn games. Its in G/S/C, FR/LG, D/P/Pt, White, X/Y and OR/AS. Exactly the same can be said for Murkrow. Skarmory, on the other hand, is available in S/C, R/S/E, FR, D/P/Pt, SS, B2/W2, X/Y and ORAS.

So? You can find almost anything post game. Regional dex Pokemon get much more focus though because they show up in the wild and on more trainer rosters.

Actually Marill is quite a rare pokemon in Johto. It only appears in a swarm in Mt Mortar and the Meadow Area of the Johto Safari Zone.

It was rare in Johto, but it's a Com Mon in every other region it appears in. Its role in Johto is different from its usual role.

Sinnoh and Hoenn had similar problems: in Sinnoh it was fire and dragon, in Hoenn it was ice.

Yes, a lot of regional dexes need expansion. Johto is missing Dragon and Ghost types. Hoenn is missing Ice, Ghost, and Dragon. Sinnoh was mainly fixed in Platinum, but it's lacking in Dragon. That doesn't mean they don't need to be fixed.

Magnemite's line is already steel. Give Onix and Scyther the ability to evolve before obtaining the national dex and you've already got more steel type options than Sinnoh had fire and Hoenn had ice (before dex expansion in later versions). Do the same for Eevee into Umbreon, add in Houndour and Mega Gyarados and we're good to go on dark types. Let Seadra evolve into Kingdra for another dragon, along with Mega Charizard X. As for Ghost, fine add in Misdreavus.

They should at least have 5 or 6 families for trainer roster purposes, this wouldn't be enough.

BTW, of the Pokemon I mentioned adding, Pineco and Burmy can evolve into steel types, like you want, Hoothoot, Spinarak and Aipom can learn several ghost/dark type moves through level-up or TM, Seedot evolves to gain Dark typing, Shroomish evolves into Breloom adding another fighting type to the dynamic, while Ledyba, Wurmple and Combee give more bug type options to face psychic types with.

But you also shouldn't overload the dex with types that already have tons of Pokemon, that doesn't balance the dex.

You're simplifying Team Rocket's actions - they were not random. Their goal was to make money off of pokemon, with the Game Corner serving as their primary source of revenue. They were looking for fossils at Mt Moon so as to sell the fossils for profit. (Also, the Game Corner gives away Clefairy as prizes, a pokemon found only on Mt Moon!). The guy at Nugget Bridge was attempting to recruit new agents. The guy at the Dig Master's house... I'm not sure about him. Maybe he's just a rogue agent or something, or was sent to get the Dig TM so they could replicate it and give it out at the Game Corner.

From what I can tell, the situation in Lavender Town where Mr Fuji was taken hostage and a Marowak was killed is the result of a botched mission regarding the obtaining of Cubone skulls.

The take-over of the Silph Co. also served a purpose. Team Rocket obtained the Silph Scope from the Silph Co. allowing them to enter pokemon tower to search for Cubone in the first place. They also sought, but never got, the Master Ball, which would have been excellent for allowing Team Rocket to catch more pokemon more easily. In addition to there, many other items are manufactured by Silph Co, all of which would have benefited Team Rocket greatly - poke, great and ultra balls, regular, super, hyper and max potions, full restores, repels, escape ropes and most TM's.

Just because their story was not as convoluted as some others, don't dismiss it as "Random Skirmishes"

Making money is about as vague and non-threatening a goal as you can get and most of those connections are very light, so they feel like a joke of an evil team. That doesn't make for an interesting story, they need more development, more ambitious goals involving a specific plot spanning the entire game. That's not convoluted at all, that's just good storytelling.

Most Gym Leaders do nothing. Only Wallace has anything to do with Team Aqua/Team Magma. Only Lance (as Champion) has anything to do with the Team Rocket Resurgence in Jotho, Only Cynthia played any kind of role against Team Galactic, no Gym Leader/E4/Champ has anything to do with taking down Team Flare. Only the Unova Leaders make a real effort, and then only in B/W.

But regardless, later games do have some characters that are involved in the evil team's actions. But Kanto? Nope, you're on your own because everyone either ignores it or in Blue's case, doesn't give a damn. It's bare minimum in terms of characterization.

And what purpose would this really serve? You mention shrines and temples. Do I assume that's how you'd get every single legendary in?

Same purpose as the new areas in BW2, expanding the region and adding more content. Kanto is kind of short, unvaried, and clustered and it could use a few new areas. They could add new environments that weren't in the region, new Pokemon that weren't found in Kanto before, and a gym or two to spread them out.

While they could move the Mewtwo diaries to the lab, the point of Pokemon mansion is that it was destroyed by Mewtwo - the ruin is there to signify the power of the artificially created Pokemon.
Other legendary Pokemon have their myths and legends, some have shrines and temples, others have cave painting or statues, all dedicated to revealing their history and their power. All Mewtwo has is the ruined mansion and the few journals found within.

They don't need the Mansion to be there to emphasize that. They just need to mention that it was destroyed (which they could do in the post game plot). In fact, it would make more sense if the Mansion was completely gone after that incident, and it could fit the storyline. Maybe in the Megaverse Mewtwo Mega Evolved and completely leveled the Mansion.

Last edited:

TheBraveGallade

Can you really say sinnoh was lacking dragons? Im going by platinum but they had bagon and dratini post game, and gen 1~3 did not even have more dragons post game. Just add kingdra. Ill give in on fire though. Adding murcrow houndoom and maybe one more should be good for dark and the trade evos should be good for steel though ONE steel type addition that can do without trades is needed.
about the nature though doesn't natures indicate the type of pokeblock they like anyway?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Can you really say sinnoh was lacking dragons? Im going by platinum but they had bagon and dratini post game, and gen 1~3 did not even have more dragons post game. Just add kingdra.

I'm talking about the Sinnoh Dex, not post game. DP only had Garchomp and Platinum only added in Altaria. They should generally have at least 5 or 6.

about the nature though doesn't natures indicate the type of pokeblock they like anyway?

Huh? I wasn't talking about nature.

It's not just Pokeblocks, it affects their stat gains when they level primarily and a bunch of other minor things.

Abysmal Flames

I've played XD but not Colosseum, so I may not be qualified to present my ideas for another Orre game...but I take that as a challenge.

Pokémon XD: Darkness Within

Feel free to share your thoughts!

I put some serious thought into GameFreak giving us an alternate dimension Orre region remake like with ORAS. However, here is a list of speculations that could be used to tie all of the generation 6 games together.

1. The Hoenn region is filthy rich in water and life, while the Orre region is a barren wasteland with no wild Pokemon. We still don't have the answer to why we visited a barren region.
2. Hoopa transported an entire headquarters into the middle of a desert. I think the Orre region could have been their final destination in another dimension. Who knows? this might have led to the development of teams Snagem and Cipher. Since Snagem/Cipher were about using Pokemon for Evil Purposes, maybe Hoopa could be involved in the Shadow Pokemon creation process since Hoopa is one of the few Pokemon mentioned to be either good or evil depending on its master.
3. Hoopa has already been known to transport legendary Pokemon. I really think GF could use Team Cipher to as an influence over Hoopa.
4. Pokemon Colosseum incorporated PokeSpots. However, they were reintroduced in ORAS as Mirage Spots. We should know by now that this could be related to Hoopa as well if GF creates an alternate dimension Orre region.
5. If we go to an alternate dimension Orre region, Zygarde can make an appearance because the entire ecosystem is disrupted in the Orre region. Zygarde could very well obtain a mega evolution similar to Rayquaza because it is a protector of the earth from below just as Rayquaza is a protector from the skies.
6. How did the ecosystem of Orre become disrupted? Was it Volcanion or the Ultimate Weapon? Was Kalos at war with the Orre region?

I believe any of these 6 points above could be used to catalyze the final Gen VI series of games. I think throwing Zygarde in there is a little Farfetch'd, but possible. It was really hard for me to even make an attempt at a relevant connection between Zygarde and the Orre region.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The entire point of an expanded dex is to add type variety, the Kanto Dex is lacking in types like Dark, Steel, Ghost, and Dragon so those types should have more focus.
The Kanto Pokedex doesn't have many Fairy types,either(only Clefairy and Jigglypuff lines,if I recall correctly,and maybe also Sylveon),so I'd like more of them to be added(maybe not Marill line,though).And since Mega Altaria is part Fairy,it'll make a good addition in both Dragon and Fairy types.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Kanto Pokedex doesn't have many Fairy types,either(only Clefairy and Jigglypuff lines,if I recall correctly,and maybe also Sylveon),so I'd like more of them to be added(maybe not Marill line,though).

You forgot Mr. Mime (but then, I don't blame you. Mr. Mime is a pretty forgettable Pokemon and it's not exactly an obvious Fairy). But yeah, Kanto could use a couple more Fairies as well. Pretty much any type that's rare or new is lacking in Kanto (Ice, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Fairy).

And since Mega Altaria is part Fairy,it'll make a good addition in both Dragon and Fairy types.

A lot of Pokemon I suggested are dual types of some of those rarer types (Sableye and Mawile, Sneasel, Mega Altaria). I was also going to suggest Pawniard too. Yeah, it's a pretty good idea to double up for the sake of efficiency, that way you take as few Pokemon as you need to balance the dex as possible.

Last edited:

erebus

Reposting my earlier post with a few additional tidbits.
*The Celadon Game Corner is still around, but with a few differences. You can't play on any of the slot machines and you can pay for stuff at the Prize Corner with ordinary money.

I never understood why they didn't just replace the game corners with arcades in the DS games. GameFreak can't put gambling based games in any future games since that lawsuit, so why not utilize the touchscreen with different types of Pokemon themed classic arcade games instead?

Some game ideas;
*Whack-a-diglet
*PacMan but with snorlax and berries
*Pokemon pinball
*a bowling game where you use a voltorb and the pins are Pokemon
*hook-a-psyduck where you can win random prizes
*a game themed on hoopa where you toss rings at dolls of legendary Pokemon to win secret base prizes
*shoot 'em games where the guns are replaced with Pokeballs (like the Pokemon Link capture game)
*games that utilize the 3DS camera like Dream Radar
*a quiz based game to test your knowledge of Pokemon
*Skee ball with pokeballs and swallots
*Merchandiser machines where you can win pokedolls
*a driving game where the car is replaced by a rapidash or a gogoat

They could even use it to promote other games by putting mini games in the arcade that are like demos, like Pokemon Trozei and shuffle, and/or demos of older pokemon games (gen 1 + 2). They could re-purpose old mini games, such as the games in Platinum's wi-fi center and the games released on the Pokemon Mini console. All would make full use of the touch screen, would be super fun, and could allow the player to earn tokens which could be redeemed for prizes. Imo, this would make a ton more sense than what Platinum did; buying coins (at a ridiculous price), or asking around hoping someone will gift you some coins :/

Edit: Also, If GameFreak ever make the decision to take the PSS, Pokémon Amie, and super training off the touch screen they should put a new type of building in every town/city (along the lines of the pokecenter + pokemarts), such as the Battle Clubs that were in the B/W anime. This would allow us to keep these features in every future main-series game, because I really hope they are here to stay and not just gen 6 exclusives. By doing this they could actually update the graphics to show pokemon punching the bags, running on treadmills, swimming in pools, etc. as opposed to just showing a pokemon's sprite banging up against a punchbag sprite. Each type of exercise could relate to a different IV stat, instead of having just punching bags.

Last edited:
They had Home-Field Advantages
I know there are some abilities that cash in on weather conditions and effects weather has on moves of specific types (i.e. Rain making Electric attacks more accurate and Sunlight making Fire attacks stronger), but I think it would make the games more realistic if the terrain itself would have a natural impact on the power levels of the Pokemon depending on their types. For example, when battling in a cave Ground-types would be stronger and Flying-types would be weaker because the Ground-types can dig through the walls as well as the floor while Flying-types have less room to fly around. Also, when battling inside buildings made of metal they could make Electric and Steel types stronger.

They made it so shinies were rarer than they were before (like 1/10,000) but shininess was hereditary
I have plenty of shinies I've found by pure luck that I can never realistically use in a competitive battle because their nature/IVs/abilities are awful; my only reason to use them would be to show off that they're shiny. If being shiny were hereditary, I could breed these shinies so I could get another chance to get shinies of their species that would actually be worth using in competitive battles. To keep people from abusing this by just getting a shiny Ditto and using it to hatch shinies of every breedable Pokemon without needing their other parents to be shiny, they'd have to set some kind of restriction, like where the shininess will only be inherited if the parent that is related to the offspring by evolution is shiny. So, for example, if you had a shiny female Tyranitar any Larvitar you hatch from eggs you get from it will be shiny no matter whom the father is, but if you have a male shiny Tyranitar you'll need to either breed it with a Ditto or with a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar to ensure that the offspring is shiny. If you were to breed the shiny male Tyranitar with a female non-shiny Garchomp (I haven't memorized egg groups. I don't know if those are compatible; it's just for the sake of the example) the Gible would be no more likely to be shiny than any other normal egg.

Autobot N

They had Home-Field Advantages
I know there are some abilities that cash in on weather conditions and effects weather has on moves of specific types (i.e. Rain making Electric attacks more accurate and Sunlight making Fire attacks stronger), but I think it would make the games more realistic if the terrain itself would have a natural impact on the power levels of the Pokemon depending on their types. For example, when battling in a cave Ground-types would be stronger and Flying-types would be weaker because the Ground-types can dig through the walls as well as the floor while Flying-types have less room to fly around. Also, when battling inside buildings made of metal they could make Electric and Steel types stronger.

They made it so shinies were rarer than they were before (like 1/10,000) but shininess was hereditary
I have plenty of shinies I've found by pure luck that I can never realistically use in a competitive battle because their nature/IVs/abilities are awful; my only reason to use them would be to show off that they're shiny. If being shiny were hereditary, I could breed these shinies so I could get another chance to get shinies of their species that would actually be worth using in competitive battles. To keep people from abusing this by just getting a shiny Ditto and using it to hatch shinies of every breedable Pokemon without needing their other parents to be shiny, they'd have to set some kind of restriction, like where the shininess will only be inherited if the parent that is related to the offspring by evolution is shiny. So, for example, if you had a shiny female Tyranitar any Larvitar you hatch from eggs you get from it will be shiny no matter whom the father is, but if you have a male shiny Tyranitar you'll need to either breed it with a Ditto or with a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar to ensure that the offspring is shiny. If you were to breed the shiny male Tyranitar with a female non-shiny Garchomp (I haven't memorized egg groups. I don't know if those are compatible; it's just for the sake of the example) the Gible would be no more likely to be shiny than any other normal egg.

Except that would mean you could get infinite shinies by having just one. Shinies are intended to be rare, not mass-producible like toys.

Last edited:
Except that would mean you could get infinite shinies by having just one. Shinies are intended to be rare, not mass-producible like toys.

Infinite shinies of one evolution line. If you wanted a shiny of any other line you'd need to get it the hard way, and as I said part of this would be that they would be harder to find in the first place than they ever were before.
Besides, technically speaking shinies were not intended to be rare, they were intended to be Pokemon's version of albinism. Shinies are rare because albinos are naturally very rare in the wild, but albinism in real life is hereditary. It's a recessive gene but it is hereditary and can be passed down from one generation to the next, so making shinyism hereditary would just be keeping true to the real-life phenomenon it was originally created to represent.

Autobot N

Infinite shinies of one evolution line. If you wanted a shiny of any other line you'd need to get it the hard way, and as I said part of this would be that they would be harder to find in the first place than they ever were before.
Besides, technically speaking shinies were not intended to be rare, they were intended to be Pokemon's version of albinism. Shinies are rare because albinos are naturally very rare in the wild, but albinism in real life is hereditary. It's a recessive gene but it is hereditary and can be passed down from one generation to the next, so making shinyism hereditary would just be keeping true to the real-life phenomenon it was originally created to represent.

But it would still make them too easy to get. And anyway, they were actually created because GF wanted to put something in GS that would make use of the GBC's new color abilities.

Got a few more:

1. That they would keep various minor mechanics from one gen to the next
What I mean by minor mechanics is things like finding Pokemon by using Headbutt on trees like GSC, finding Pokemon by smearing honey on trees like in DPPt, having Double Battle grass patches and ground-shaking spots like BWB2W2 (I don't count the ones in XY because they're always in the same place and aren't even in patches of ground where you could have normal encounters. None of these are things that would take up huge amounts of memory in the game, they'd be in the background so those who aren't interested can just ignore them, and they could help with spacing out the variety of species you find in different places.

2. That they'd bring back the old thing where the species you encounter varied based on the time of day.
I didn't list this with the others because it would admittedly be more than just a "minor mechanic." I really liked when they used to do this because it made the games more realistic. If you go into the woods during the day you won't often see all the same species you'd see at night and vice-versa. In the morning you may see a deer, while in the evening you may see a raccoon or a skunk. Sure it could be annoying if, say, you were dying for a species that only appears at night and it was currently 10 in the morning, but I'd say the fun of the extra variety was worth it.

3. That they'd have a mercy rule for catching Pokemon
They should have where a Pokemon's ability to resist being caught decreases every time it escapes a certain number of Pokeballs (or Great Balls, Ultra Balls, etc.). To avoid people abusing this (i.e. using 30 Pokeballs to make the mon much less resistant to capture, then using an Ultra Ball), they'd have to include a limitation like where it's limited to you using balls of a specific type. For example, if you use 20 Great Balls the mon will be less likely to escape from the next one you try, but if you then use a Net Ball it won't be any more effective than normal (unless of course the for is Bug or Water-type). I think a fair number would be about 5-10; every time a mon escapes 5-10 balls of a certain kind it will become less resistant to that particular type.

4. That they modify Hordes to have a Leader
I enjoy hordes, but I think they'd be more exciting if when you fought them there would be one Pokemon in the horde that is much stronger than the others. If the horde is made up of Pokemon that can evolve, the horde Leader would be whatever their evolved form is; if the horde is made up of species that can't evolve, the Leader would be like twice as high level as the others (or just be whatever the normal level for Pokemon in the area is, since hordes are always very low level compared to other species in the area).

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
I think the game would be a little bettet if...:

They gave mega evolutions to Pokemon for the fans cry out for and Pokemon that are technically useless. And give megas to underrated Pokemon so people can remember them.

Also for the games to be hard as they were before. Like in 3rd, and 4th generations elite 4 was super hard.

Creyk

Got a few more:

4. That they modify Hordes to have a Leader
I enjoy hordes, but I think they'd be more exciting if when you fought them there would be one Pokemon in the horde that is much stronger than the others. If the horde is made up of Pokemon that can evolve, the horde Leader would be whatever their evolved form is; if the horde is made up of species that can't evolve, the Leader would be like twice as high level as the others (or just be whatever the normal level for Pokemon in the area is, since hordes are always very low level compared to other species in the area).

WOW that's a great idea
I'm surprised they didn't think of this

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Some things I'd like to see include:

1. Extended customisation

I was really happy when I found we could customise the player in X and Y, but was a little disappointed in reality when it turned out to be quite limited, particularly when playing as a male. It would be nice to see a wider variety of hair styles and colours, and even changing face shape like you can do in other games that allow player customisation.

2. A different path

Ever since RBY, the main series has had very linear gameplay. I think that certain things in the game should change depending on the actions you do in the game, or responses you give to people. For instance, there could be minor side plots involving the main villain that, if you choose to ignore, could change parts of the storyline (i.e the villains would have been successful in that part of their mission, so another part of their mission plays out differently). I feel this would mix the game up a bit, especially so its not tedious for people who like to do multiple playthroughs.

3. Passing on all ball varieties

I really enjoyed how XY enabled the passing down of pokeballs in breeding, especially as I like to breed shinys, so being able to breed them in quirky balls has held great appeal for me. However, for some inexplicable reason, this is not applied to the Master and Cherish Balls. I understand maybe why the Cherish ball is not available (as it is event exclusive), but I still think we should be able to pass down these balls like any other. I know loads of people who'd love to breed their female event pokemon into Cherish balls.

4. New Pokeball

We haven't really had any since Diamond and Pearl. Sure, Dream Balls were introduced in BW, but they don't really count as they couldn't be used freely, rather restricted to the Dream World. I think we should have at least 2 more balls released with quirky effects. Ideas include Aero Ball (better effectiveness on flying Pokémon and those with Levitate), and the Stamina Ball (effectiveness varies with the total HP the Pokémon has - the higher the total HP, the greater the effect).

5. Shiny move

I love shiny Pokémon, I always have, and I am an avid shiny hunting. But other than their colour, there is nothing really to differentiate between any other Pokémon. There is nothing a shiny Pokémon can do that its ordinary counterpart cant. Therefore I think that there should be a move that can be tutored to ANY shiny Pokémon, but ONLY to shiny Pokémon. Even Pokémon with extremely limited move pools such as Unown or Caterpie can learn this move. I could be something like Shining Beam (but less lame sounding :p ).

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
Or more abilities that convert normal-type to something else.
We already have Aerilate, Pixilate. & Refrigerate, so we might need something also useful like normal to rock type.

Navarch

Make Shiny Pokemon more rare. Everyone and their mother has tons of Shinies now due to how easy it is to get them. It takes away from their value.

Although, to be honest, I personally don't care for them too much. It's just a palette swap, nothing less, nothing more. Not to mention, lots of Shinies are worse looking than their normal forms. If they were ever to redo Shinies, a neat idea would be to reverse their colors. For example, a black Ditto with pink eyes, a red Salamence with blue wings, or a white Froakie with black bubbles and blue eyes.

Also: If we get new games soon, I think it's going to be XZ and YZ, or X2 and Y2. We're going to travel through Kalos opposite the way we did in X and Y, and due to Pokemon's 20th Anniversary approaching soon, we'll be able to travel through Kanto much like how it was in Gold and Silver.

Last edited:
I can only think of one new Pokemon game I want to see right now. A new 'Pokemon Ranger' Game for the 3DS. Hell, maybe they could even make an alternative one for Wii-U. You could play it on the go, or in your living room on the big screen TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.