• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon game ideas - ideas for sequels go here too. (remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

I heard the "Realistic, please" thing before. Someone caused up a mighty stir when a little 5-year old mentioned the possibility of playing Pokemon with someone on the internet (on Game FAQS).

I one day predict that we won't even need handheld systems or software to play Pokémon, we'll all just do it telepathically. I want full credit when this becomes reality in 10 years and when it causes a mighty stir now.

petstock

What kind of stir are you after BCVM22?

I personally would like to see another game like the TCG for the DS with all the new rules for the game that have bnieng added over the years as well as new features in cards.

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
I one day predict that we won't even need handheld systems or software to play Pokémon, we'll all just do it telepathically. I want full credit when this becomes reality in 10 years and when it causes a mighty stir now.

I'd put it more at 20-30 years- America rarely gets the good stuff as fast as Japan. After all, we can expect X-Box gear up the ying yang, when it hardly sells in Japan- And since we all know that the original video game culture came from Japan indeed, there must be a reason for that- The first one top of my head is that I figure they have something that's relatively worth their time in terms on consoles that we don't.

Predicting this trend in the future, it's safe to assume that Microsoft will still be playing around with barely tapping into HD-graphics at the cost of games worth my hard-earned dollar, while Japan is using its cool new telepathy DS-5.

Your smart-*** comment aside, let's consider our latest idea- A new TCG.

Being a fan of the GBC TCG (hahahaahahahahaha-okay), I'd also like to see this soon- From my memory, the original TCG was based off of the first 3, maybe 4, generations of cards. (Not even past #151 in terms of Pokedex.)

Not only did they do a fantastic job of recreating the real cards and gameplay, but they managed to throw a little into the mix to make it interesting for those of us who actually played the card game. (A marketing strategy to keep the game fresh.)

I sadly dropped out of the card league around the time of the 9th generation. (This was right before generation Ruby/Sapphire)

It'd be hard to get a company to do so nowadays. Back then, the GBC crowd and TCG crowd were not yet mostly unified into one as is today's crowd, so it was a brilliant marketing move on their part- Rope in the people that had a gameboy and also liked the cards, rope in the people who liked pokemon, and rope in the people who merely liked games and were looking for a colorful new cartridge.

Today, however, the three crowds usually consist of the same people, being more 'merged' than before.

So, is it still possible to produce a game that would sell to three different groups? While the three have for the most part become one, there's also more of us, meaning even if the game were to have some adverse effect on the actual card sales, it'd still pay off in the long run.

And wouldn't we like a game that we'd stand a chance based on how we play and not how much we plop down on booster packs?

Prat

I loved the TCG game.. played it ages ago.. ( the video game one)
I also had the actual cards as well.. but I usually just collected them, never played them.
But yeah, I think it would be pretty cool to see how they would have changed for the ds or maybe even the dsi?

Weezing

The Poison Trainer
Well I thought that you should have a game that you really be a Pokemon. You can be any first form of your choice you can evolve later. Here is more info:

Once you start the game you get to choose the following.
.Any starter
.Any Pokemon that evovles out of being happy

It's a bit like animal crossing. You are in a town of Pokémon and you can help make the town bigger. You can battle with other Pokémon, explore the vast world (like seas, mountians and caves) and visit other towns in the game or over Wi-fi.

Prat

Just outa curiosity.. would it be possible to make the next or maybe spin-off games in a sort of isometric view? I know the new games are.. but they dont really ofter much of a perspective..

example:
ele04_img01.jpg

Imagine your character running around there.. plus the option to rotate the screens?
A lot of ps1 games could do it..
btw: is the ds on the same level as the ps1 in terms of hardware and graphics?

BCVM22

Isometric view would be far more trouble than it would be worth. Sticking to the 2D, top-down perspective with the appropriate presentation upgrades with every new generation's hardware is how Game Freak ensures that the overworld itself doesn't eat up a disproportionate amount of space on the media and that the maximum effort goes into programming the gameplay, the Pokémon and their ebbs and flows.

777rak

As far as a ploy not sure yet. As much I would love to see a 5th generation, I would also love to see a game set before the first generation. It would allow us to see what life was like before whatever the years is for the 1st genration. And inventions that were made duing the first generation or after wold not be in this game. Becasue this is set well before (maybe millions of years before) the first generation all the fossil pokemon would be roaming aorund in great numbers. Not yet sure of a plot yet, though something would have to happen at the end of the game (idk flood,hurricane etc..) that would all cause all the fossil pokemon to go extinct. Let me know what you think of my idea of a pokemon game set before the first generation.

BCVM22

Let me know what you think of my idea of a pokemon game set before the first generation.

Ask yourself how they would realistically execute a prehistoric version of a game world dependent upon modern technology and then ask yourself if you really want an honest opinion of your idea.

Save yourself the trouble.

Prat

.. I saw someone mention this.. but what about those environment situations in the games, where the blizzard/sandstorm/rain effects gameplay?
but everytime it goes
"ITS RAINING" "ITS HAILING" etc.. why dont they just implement it into the background of the battle?
i.e you'll always see it as raining,hailing etc.

wichu

How about you see wild pokemon coming near you?

What, like Pokémon Ranger? That would make wild Pokémon far too easy to avoid, meaning that there would be no reason to choose the path with the trainers over the tall grass... Not to mention they'd have to make sprites for every single Pokémon.

Prat, that would actually be pretty cool. It's a realistic feature (unlike LOL EVERY REGION), and would make battles more interesting. I don't get it why in PBR, the rain suddenly stops while your Pokémon attacks...

Blazing Charmander

While pondering about the potential content for HeartGold and SoulSilver, I caught onto a brainwave concerning a plot for a set of games in a future generation (not necessarily 5th Gen).

I was thinking that the plot would revolve around the rarity of Shiny/Alternate coloured Pokemon in the Pokemon world. Within the region you play through, there is a new syndicate group who are looking to make profit in any form possible. This 'Team' is headed by a scientific genius who has latched onto the idea of artificially breeding shiny Pokemon in order to make a super-breed of Pokemon. This plot would be an underlying one as the protagonist undertakes the usual quest to become Pokemon League Champion.

To some extent, this storyline draws from elements of Colosseum/XD (i.e. mass production of Shadow Pokemon), as well as the way that Mewtwo was artificially created. I guess this idea was also somewhat inspired by the GSC Team Rocket storyline, which entails Team Rocket inducing evolution through radio waves (plus it involves a shiny Pokemon). It would also answer to the calls of some critics who felt the motives of Team Galactic and to a lesser degree Teams Magma and Aqua in their respective games were too radical and supernatural. Instead, it'd be returning to the roots of a Team looking to make vast profits by underhanded means, ala Team Rocket.

I believe the storyline would also give off Frankenstein vibes just like the Mewtwo creation story did. The organisation would believe that they have made a scientific breakthrough with the creation of a super-breed, but there would of course be terrible consequences for their interfering with nature and the biological functions of Pokemon.

It's highly unlikely that this would make it into any future game, but it just interfered with my train of thought. Hope you guys liked it.

It might already have been said (I noticed this thread today and started reading at this page ^^) well since i'm a big fan of Smash Bros line games, I would have love to see a similar game with only Pokémon.

They've modelled a couple of Pokémon in the past games so only what... 480 others wouldn't be bad, right? X'D

Now battling would be MUCH more fun than just RP battles where they attack once at the time based on stats... Nahhhhh now YOU battle with YOUR Pokémon and beat the shitza outta your opponent by kicking it to the air and knocking it down to the ground!

Another game that I'd like to see is a REAL 3D RPG of Pokémon.. Colosseum was nothing of an adventure, you had to follow the lame storyline and capture the few Pokémon available.... I'd see something like you enter temples, ruins, forest, dive into lakes, go through deserts, caverns, volcanoes,.. in search of Pokémon and so on!..

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
What, like Pokémon Ranger? That would make wild Pokémon far too easy to avoid, meaning that there would be no reason to choose the path with the trainers over the tall grass... Not to mention they'd have to make sprites for every single Pokémon.

I could see that, actually.... While avoiding might be easier, there's always the bell-dropper concept in RPG that slacking off with your EXP doesn't pay off- and eventually lands you in hot water.

What if you could see the pokemon openly in caves, lake surfaces, and such.... but lose sight of them in grass?

I was thinking that the plot would revolve around the rarity of Shiny/Alternate coloured Pokemon in the Pokemon world. Within the region you play through, there is a new syndicate group who are looking to make profit in any form possible. This 'Team' is headed by a scientific genius who has latched onto the idea of artificially breeding shiny Pokemon in order to make a super-breed of Pokemon. This plot would be an underlying one as the protagonist undertakes the usual quest to become Pokemon League Champion.

To some extent, this storyline draws from elements of Colosseum/XD (i.e. mass production of Shadow Pokemon), as well as the way that Mewtwo was artificially created. I guess this idea was also somewhat inspired by the GSC Team Rocket storyline, which entails Team Rocket inducing evolution through radio waves (plus it involves a shiny Pokemon). It would also answer to the calls of some critics who felt the motives of Team Galactic and to a lesser degree Teams Magma and Aqua in their respective games were too radical and supernatural. Instead, it'd be returning to the roots of a Team looking to make vast profits by underhanded means, ala Team Rocket.

I believe the storyline would also give off Frankenstein vibes just like the Mewtwo creation story did. The organisation would believe that they have made a scientific breakthrough with the creation of a super-breed, but there would of course be terrible consequences for their interfering with nature and the biological functions of Pokemon.

It's highly unlikely that this would make it into any future game, but it just interfered with my train of thought. Hope you guys liked it.

Wow. A return to roots concerning an organization and it's sole purpose. I like it.

Team Rocket FTW, by the way. The others never cut it.

Another game that I'd like to see is a REAL 3D RPG of Pokémon.. Colosseum was nothing of an adventure, you had to follow the lame storyline and capture the few Pokémon available.... I'd see something like you enter temples, ruins, forest, dive into lakes, go through deserts, caverns, volcanoes,.. in search of Pokémon and so on!..

Hear hear!

BCVM22

Hear hear!

So we still cling to this tremendously unlikely and outright impractical notion despite every possible indicator to the contrary including official comment on the matter?

Why?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
It might already have been said (I noticed this thread today and started reading at this page ^^) well since i'm a big fan of Smash Bros line games, I would have love to see a similar game with only Pokémon.

They've modelled a couple of Pokémon in the past games so only what... 480 others wouldn't be bad, right? X'D

Now battling would be MUCH more fun than just RP battles where they attack once at the time based on stats... Nahhhhh now YOU battle with YOUR Pokémon and beat the shitza outta your opponent by kicking it to the air and knocking it down to the ground!

Not going to happen. Final. The reason pokemon has its current battle system is to give every player an equal chance- anyone can press 'A' and select a move. In this way, kids can battle adults, adults can battle adults, ect.

Meanwhile, in a game like Smash, newbs can crushed. Badly. Not to mention the obvious space issue, and the fact that you may as well just be asking for a 3d pokemon mystery dungeon.

And personally, I think SSB has enough pokemon characters.

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
So we still cling to this tremendously unlikely and outright impractical notion despite every possible indicator to the contrary

Les'ee:
Pokemon COLISEUM. Contrary?
Pokemon DX. Contrary?
Pokemons Stadium, Stadium 2, Revolution- Contrary?

including official comment on the matter?

A comment from Reggie Fils-Aime, from Nintendo of America- However, this was only referring to the next game in the series, not as a definitive statement.

Wishful thinking.

You can debate this if you like. I feel like I've done this all before already.

And you're still talking.

Why?

Big words don't make a good argument- a lack of any actual reasoning makes for a poorer argument at the same time. A refuting statement should have more water to it- Let's go back and run this by the forum again:

So we still cling to this

"Hold on" would be better than "Cling". "Cling" signals determination or stubbornness used in the context above- Having a single person get a logic-smack every other post and still retain the close-mindedness to the same idea posted by multiple users wishing to express of fondness of a concept would fall under 'Cling'-ing to one's belief that 8,000 posts means one has done something worthwhile and therefore must absolutely know what he's talking about.

To "Cling" to an idea would be to hold on to it with utmost contempt for all others surrounding it. Merely presenting it, however, is what we're doing, seeing as how for a forum that's titled "Pokemon Game Ideas" we should be coming up with pokemon game ideas instead of spending the last few weeks and pages of posts overturning ideas.

Also, the author stated that:
This is the thread where all you bright revolutionaries can post about what kind of pokemon game they should make next! Go on now, don't be shy.
Meaning we shouldn't be shy of posing an absolutely ridiculous idea since this is the place to do so without fear of ridicule. For the most part.

tremendously unlikely and outright impractical notion

Tremendously would indicate that the odds are highly stacked against this. Previous games have had the graphics- Game Freak has had the drive for creating games that surprisingly didn't follow the usual standard that us gamers always thought they would.

Unlikely would indicate a small possibility. Considering my previous 3 pages worth of trend and research-supported theories as to why it could happen, I needn't iterate any further.

Outright impractical would suggest a useless game. And in today's market, if games like "Imagine! Babysitter" and most other bargain DS games you can find while trolling through a Game Stop actually sell, anything with "Pokemon" in the title is a sure bet on making money.

A notion is a general idea, belief, opinion (which according to Serebii is still fair play, last I checked), or inclination. If a user feels inclined to post an idea on a forum meant for posting ideas, (logic be damned or not) they should probably do so.

every possible indicator to the contrary

Not to be a smart ***, but 'every possible indicator' is too much of an extreme to be a sound argument at all.

including official comment on the matter?

See the Reggie comment above.

Status
Not open for further replies.