• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon game ideas - ideas for sequels go here too. (remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
*sigh*

As Babylon wrote in the very first post, this is a place where you are allowed to post your ideas.

HOWEVER, people are allowed to critique these ideas. And there are different versions of critique.

For example, BCVM22. First he confirms whether or not it could actually happen. Then he dissects the idea and point out any sort of error in it for the idea's creator to fix.

This is perfectly alright. Because if it wasn't, BCVM would have been banned by now.

Admittingly, he could be a bit less harsh, but what works, works.

And by the way, it's Pokemon XD, not DX. Though a Director's Cut might be nice.

BCVM22

Oh lord, you're still complaining that I don't melt into a puddle of agreement at the latest regurgitation of the fandom's favorite stupid ideas, aren't you?

Les'ee:
Pokemon COLISEUM. Contrary?
Pokemon DX. Contrary?

Watered-down mechanics, few to no wild Pokémon, no Gym Leaders, no Elite Four. Well humdee golly gee, sounds like a 3D core title to me!

Pokemons Stadium, Stadium 2, Revolution- Contrary?

No RPG elements to any of these at all! Sounds even more like a 3D core title!

You're not really making much of a case here, are you?

A comment from Reggie Fils-Aime, from Nintendo of America- However, this was only referring to the next game in the series, not as a definitive statement.

'Cept I'm referring to this interview with who are essentially the franchise's top individuals at the moment in which you will find, and I quote:

We asked Masuda if there was any chance that we would see the next major Pokémon game on the Wii and whether the series might go fully online, as many fans have expressed a desire for. He seemed skeptical. "At this point, we're not thinking of going in that direction. Trading is a core concept of Pokémon. So when you're trading, you meet with a friend and decide which one you want and which one they want. I would like to emphasize real-world communication. You don't see each other online." He pointed across the table and then back to him, and the translator laughed before explaining, " It's like right now – we're meeting each other in person and asking questions instead of chatting on the phone."

And with that out of the way, I leave you to your continued incessant chatter. Good day to you.

I am M

wow this thread was hard to find

Well here are my ideas for the generation 5, because I doubt much will change in HGSS.

-a system of weather that changes, similar to animal crossing but its different for every place. this could be cool because there might be certain pokemon that are only appear in certain types of weather. they could still have certain areas that are always the same.
-a yearly calendar, this could be cool because then you could have seasons and on holidays there might be special events going on
-idk about this one, but maybe a sound-type, theres already a lot of sound based pokemon and attacks so it could work

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Had no idea it was hard to find a sticky. Eh, whatever.

We already have areas with permanent rain/snow. Specifically, the bottom route to Pastoria, the route to Snow...er...Snowpoint city? (Can't remember name).

A yearly calendar probably wouldn't go to well. For a game like Animal Crossing, which is based upon daily life, sure. But for a game like pokemon, which is an adventure game, no.

And while the pokemon games do have one holiday, it's only in 4th gen.

And I doubt Sound will be added. The current Sound moves we have are Normal and Steel. And do I dare ask how Sound could be effective against anything? And what it would be weak too?

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
Watered-down mechanics

Happening to games across the market, actually- Unless Brawl can be considered a step up rather than the opposite.

'Cept I'm referring to this interview with who are essentially the franchise's top individuals at the moment in which you will find, and I quote:

Which refers to online playability and not 3D adventuring (what I was referring to). A quote very much misplaced.

Read your posts more carefully next time.

You're not really making much of a case here, are you?

Look closer- You're missing something again.

Better yet, learn to post like Blitz. For someone who, text wise, has said an eleventh of what you have, he's managed to get a point across. Like so:

We already have areas with permanent rain/snow. Specifically, the bottom route to Pastoria, the route to Snow...er...Snowpoint city? (Can't remember name).

A yearly calendar probably wouldn't go to well. For a game like Animal Crossing, which is based upon daily life, sure. But for a game like pokemon, which is an adventure game, no.

And while the pokemon games do have one holiday, it's only in 4th gen.

And I doubt Sound will be added. The current Sound moves we have are Normal and Steel. And do I dare ask how Sound could be effective against anything? And what it would be weak too?

A thesis filled with hypothetical questions meant to stir the mind, not come of across as an *ss.

And with that:

Good day to you.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
..Thanks?

And by the way, Brawl can be considered a step up. Why?

1) Improved graphics and sound.
2) Larger array of characters and collectibles.
3) Wi-Fi. It may be laggy, but that's usually only in Final Destination.
4) Customization options. Not much of course, but still some.

The main differences between Brawl and Melee is the fact that Brawl balanced the characters (or at least the old ones. They apparently completely forgot about balancing most of the new ones *looks at MK and Snake*), took out some glitches, and removed hitstun (which, incidentally, ruined Captain Falcon).

Sh1ny_Scizor

Rare Pokémon Trainer
What about an MMORPG-pokemon game? :p

Hey srsly it could be a success. I mean everything should be in 3D, and when you fight others its much more action and stuff, like you command how your pokemon should move then you can use their attacks. Also you should be able to travel around and yeah visit all the gyms. You could choose your starting place from a list of cities that is mentioned in the anime and in the previous games.

You can battle ppl everywhere, but watch out so Police Officer Jenny dont take you for making any trouble and perhaps if you battled others to close to a nest for a kind of pokemon they would attack both you and the opponent. Catching pokemons should still be hard it should not be like some other MMORPG where monsters are everywhere. They should be hard to find and shinies may occur. Also they should be very careful and run for it in case you disturb them or they sense that you are coming.

But some pokemons again, like gyarados may attack you instead, so then you better run or you will find urself at the closest pokemon center/hospital. The game world should be huge with alot of diffrent regions from the game.

Forgot to add: Also the pkm league and any tournaments should be as it is in the anime real players battling for the best.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Or, you could take the shortened list of problems:

1) Lag.
2) Incorporating Legendaries would be troublesome.
3) Lag
4) Being an MMORPG, it will obviously have advertisements. And some advertisements aren't good for the kiddies.
5) Lag
6) Pokemon has always done best as a handheld game. Having a game only usable via computer wouldn't do too well.
7) Lag
8) How would the badge system work if you have 49 badges? (Kanto, Orange, Johto, Hoenn, Hoenn BF, Sinnoh, Sinnoh BF)
9) Lag
10) How would the title of champion work if there's more then one hero?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
One. That belongs on the HeartGold, SoulSilver board.

Two. The Sevii islands are unlikely to appear. The Unown already appear in Johto normally, and the thing about Johto is that you can catch Johto pokemon in it, making the purpose of the Sevii Islands null.

Sh1ny_Scizor

Rare Pokémon Trainer
Or, you could take the shortened list of problems:

1) Lag.
2) Incorporating Legendaries would be troublesome.
3) Lag
4) Being an MMORPG, it will obviously have advertisements. And some advertisements aren't good for the kiddies.
5) Lag
6) Pokemon has always done best as a handheld game. Having a game only usable via computer wouldn't do too well.
7) Lag
8) How would the badge system work if you have 49 badges? (Kanto, Orange, Johto, Hoenn, Hoenn BF, Sinnoh, Sinnoh BF)
9) Lag
10) How would the title of champion work if there's more then one hero?

1) There are alot of games out there and yeah lag occurs but its not a arguement against making games.
2)Though i dont say they should not be in the game, but not obtainable. And if u dont like it u dont.
4)lets rate it M
6)Well lets start conquering other consoles, but wait who said anything about PC? MMORPG's can be on any console.
8) You need 8 badges from 8 diffrent gyms in the region to participate in the regions pokemon league. You cna eventually start travelling to other gyms and participate in other pokemon leagues
10) If u want it u gotta earn it be the best of the best.

Oh well never gonna happen, but hey it might have a good potential though. But i think this forum had enough of the same idea so i wont say more about it ^^

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
1) Oh believe me, lag will be a huge problem with a pokemon MMORPG. Why? Turn on your game of pokemon. Notice how convenient it is traveling across the wide open land and battling pokemon with absolutely no delay?

That all goes away with lag. And considering that a pokemon MMORPG would have around 1,000+ players on at any time due to the popularity of the pokemon series, and how vast the pokemon land is (not to mention the drain that multiple battles going on at the same time combined with poor Wireless connections would form), the lag would be horrendous.

And as things go, people really don't like lag. So the Pokemon MMORPG game would crash and burn. Badly. And that would waste a lot of money. And even if it didn't, it would still cost an incredible amount of money to support all the players and constantly update the game to match the latest generations.

Basically, it's not going to happen.

2) Kids, the main target audience of pokemon, really wouldn't like being unable to catch the most powerful of pokemon.

3) An M Rated Pokemon game will never happen. And even if it did, it would attract even more kids, as every kid would want to play the new, 'cooler' pokemon.

4) You've obviously never played a MMORPG. What I mean by advertisements are people who stand around doing nothing but shout out advertisements.

5) You didn't understand what I wrote. The current 8 badge system grants rewards for every badge, from minor stat boosts to HM usage. Even if you stretch the rewards to one reward for badge, you still end up with a bunch of useless badges.

6) So then you would have to compete in a tournament and win? Then what happens if the current champion decides to take a vacation from playing for a while? No one else can become champion, for they would have to defeat the best to become the best.

Potential is nothing if the demands are too unrealistic.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
I think we need a Game with all the regions and a choice on what character to use if that was a option ever I would choose Dawn and I think we shopuld have an option of any starter from any reagion i would choose chikorita and piplup as choices dont you think we deserve one ultimate game with a huge possibilites

BCVM22

I think we need a Game with all the regions and a choice on what character to use if that was a option ever I would choose Dawn and I think we shopuld have an option of any starter from any reagion i would choose chikorita and piplup as choices dont you think we deserve one ultimate game with a huge possibilites

:|

I think you need to read threads before posting in them. This is just getting out of hand; it's become an endless cycle of terrible.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
It's not that bad. The answer's only one sentence anyway.

NOT ENOUGH SPACE.

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
It's not that bad. The answer's only one sentence anyway.

NOT ENOUGH SPACE.

>_< I've already explained the space issue!

AS far as MMORPGS go, I can fathom a Pokemon themed game. However, we all know that Nintendo isn't the best for a lag-free gameplay record, and as far as fully functional online games go, a Nintendo-based game would be disastrous.

Maybe in the future, if Nintendo gets it's online act straight. (Seriously, have you tried playing online? Matches than span across nations, sure, but even fellow Texans have trouble connecting to one another.)

M-Rated? A game about powerful, cute critters going at it? It'd only happen if Sony took over Nintendo! And Shiggy is too high level for them to even think of that.

Advertising players are common thru any medium. And, yes, unfortunately, I CAN imagine the usual slews of pedophiles stalking the servers, shouting out random vulgarities. They already do at local tournaments, anyway. (Tis an odd sight to behold.)

However, I DO like the idea of bringing in more badges to a game. The term 'Champion' actually meant something back in the day of Red: You had actually gone the whole way through a game and bested it. However, nowadays we are not as easily pleased: Heck, to even consider joining your friends or other online users in anything, you pretty much have to have gone through the league. It's not useful for anything now- because it's expected.

Silver was A-O.K. 16 Badges = Will Fly

In our (Very much hypothetical) MMORPG, 'Champion' could refer to the few players that have actually gone through the entire land- continent to continent. Because 'Champion' means nothing when everyone is one. But how many people would really do- what was the number?- 40+ badges?

THAT'S a champion.

Unfortunately, this would exist in a currently nonexistent game. Like I said, maybe it's a luxury our kids will enjoy, years from now.

Sevii Islands? I wouldn't mind seeing them. They're apparently not that far from Kanto, so they can't be that far from Johto either.

And didn't some of the islands house Johto pokemon and play Johto-melodies as their BGMs?

The only problem- What purpose would they hold?

Maybe it could be that one place that's extra and nobody really uses except for a few NPC's- Like the Battle Island.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Nintendo's Wi-Fi isn't that bad. Mario Kart Wii is pretty smooth and Brawl is fine as long as you don't play the more popular stages (Final Destination).

As for the space issue, I am pointing out that it is unlikely that any recent handheld we have will be able to fully support an all-region game with out watering down the regions.

As for the badges, ask yourself this: if we have 40+ levels, how badly will the gymleader levels screw up? Recall G/S/C. 16 gyms. Half of them forced to be much weaker then they should have been.

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
Nintendo's Wi-Fi isn't that bad. Mario Kart Wii is pretty smooth and Brawl is fine as long as you don't play the more popular stages (Final Destination).

Isn't it ironic that the stage that has absolutely no change or points of interest is the most lag riddled one?

Just saying. ^_^

And people still play the hell out of it, lately. >_<

As for the space issue, I am pointing out that it is unlikely that any recent handheld we have will be able to fully support an all-region game with out watering down the regions.

Watering down would be more of a concern on working/slacking on the developer's part.

Which I would really find disappointing if they watered down regions, considering they already made them and mapped them out!

Knowing shenanigans, it'd somehow still happen. -_-

As for the badges, ask yourself this: if we have 40+ levels, how badly will the gymleader levels screw up? Recall G/S/C. 16 gyms. Half of them forced to be much weaker then they should have been.

This is where we take the players to a new level: Since the elite four no longer poses any actual threat in today's games, I can only assume that with new items and ways of training, the usual 50-60 range of 'elite' doesn't fit in with today's games. We need to raise that bar.

Nearly everyone fights with lvl 100s. Why not make the bar for the elite four 6-75? You'd already be 3/4 of the way to the level you're expected to be if you want to participate in online battles. (People have a strange fascination with battling pokemon all the same levels and increments of 5.)

If we raised the elite bar to that level, it'd give the later badge holders a bit of breathing room. Or, at least enough to serve more as a boss-battle rather than a mandatory leveling-up session.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The reason people abuse Final Destination is because it's has absolutely no change or points of interest. A lot of people think it's the fairest stage in the game, even though that title rightfully belongs to Battlefield.

Speaking of Brawl, beware of Ikes on Final Destination Wi-Fi.

An all-region game also wouldn't be profitable. Why release everything in one when you can sell 4 seperate games that can link?

As for the elite 4 levels, you have to realize that most players get their pokemon to level 100 only by defeating the Elite 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.