• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon game ideas - ideas for sequels go here too. (remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtay

How about a new Pokemon Snap with a greater variety of pokemon, items, and maps. The Wii remote and wi-fi would add a lot to the game that the N64 couldn't.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
While a new pokemon Snap would certainly be appreciated, it's a bit of a stretch to use the Wii-mote.

Really, look at the thing. Sports equipment? Sure. Bulletproof shield that can destroy televisions? Yup. Camera? No.

If it does happen it's more likely to use the DSi.

Last edited:

Aipom-Kun

CRITICAL HIT!
Y'Know Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD had good ideas but the thing was there wasnt any variety in the Pokemon you got from other Trainers.

Dont get me wrong they were the most original Pokemon games to come out but I figured a new "Shadow Pokemon" game couldnt hurt right?

Heres what I thought of:
-Choose between either a Guy or Girl(Like any other Pokemon game prior to Crystal)
-Have the game be set in a region other than Orre(Lets face it, Orre wasnt very exiting"OOoohh desert...how thrilling...)
-Choose an actual starter
-Give more of a back story for Cipher other than "Oh because we can"
-Have more Boss Battles
I dont what else to think of...

But I think a good place to hold this new game would be in the Sinnoh region(I thought of a few locales where Cipher could cause trouble. Like in the Valley Windworks(Like Team Galactic but with a more legitimate goal.)

What do you think?

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Y'Know Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD had good ideas but the thing was there wasnt any variety in the Pokemon you got from other Trainers.

Dont get me wrong they were the most original Pokemon games to come out but I figured a new "Shadow Pokemon" game couldnt hurt right?

The point of XD and Colo were to make it possible for hardcore players to complete the pokedex of 3rd gen. Due to the wide variety of pokemon available in 4th gen, a new Orre game is completely unnecessary.

Heres what I thought of:
-Choose between either a Guy or Girl(Like any other Pokemon game prior to Crystal)
-Have the game be set in a region other than Orre(Lets face it, Orre wasnt very exiting"OOoohh desert...how thrilling...)
Orre is the only region with the ability to both create and purify shadow pokemon. It isn't happening anywhere else.
-Choose an actual starter
What would the point of this be? It would make more sense to showcase Glaceon and Leafeon.
-Give more of a back story for Cipher other than "Oh because we can"
We rarely get backstories in the actual games. Deal with it.
-Have more Boss Battles
.....why? 'Boss Battles', as you put it, are nothing more then normal trainer battles with changed music.
I dont what else to think of...

But I think a good place to hold this new game would be in the Sinnoh region(I thought of a few locales where Cipher could cause trouble. Like in the Valley Windworks(Like Team Galactic but with a more legitimate goal.)

Team Galactic was planning to destroy the world and recreate it into an utopia. That's a legitimate goal.

What do you think?

Comments in bold.

There is already a thread for this in the Pokemon Colosseum and XD section titled 'Pokemon XD sequel for WII?!?!?!?'.

Mewtwo194

Super smash pokemon

How about a pokemon game which would be like super smash bros brawl but with pokemon characters?

BCVM22

How about a pokemon game which would be like super smash bros brawl but with pokemon characters?

We have that. It's called Super Smash Bros. Brawl, available at fine retailers everywhere. It's a lot like the game you mentioned.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
*facepalms at BCVM's sarcasm*

Alright, if you read further back you'll note that many people have asked for the same thing.

The closest thing you'll get to having a pokemon version of SSB is Pokemon Scramble on WiiWare.

Other then that, stick with SSBB.

This isn't a brand new game but an idea for the next gen.

I think veering away from the elite four to an actual pokemon league would be cool.
Imagine if the elite four was replaced with a 32 slot braket and you fought randomly selected trainers you met on different routes (obviously leveled up). If people don't want to veer from the elite four idea maybe a DSi ware application that lets you enter online tournaments?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The 'tournament' already exists. It's called the Battle Frontier.

As I already stated on this very page, a new Snap game would be appreciated but a bit hard to execute.

BCVM22

The 'tournament' already exists. It's called the Battle Frontier.

It's also called "the Elite Four", really. And for whomever's next response is "but that's not a tournament!", consider:

- You battle five trainers, all elite, all progressively more difficult than the last
- The final of those five is the hardest, for all the marbles
- You advance with a victory; you're forced to start over with a loss
- Win all five and you're declared "the Champion".

What is it about any of that that isn't essentially a tournament with different window dressing?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well, the main thing most people think of when they think of pokemon tournaments are lots of people. The E4 (Which really should be called the E5) only has 5 people.

BCVM22

Well, the main thing most people think of when they think of pokemon tournaments are lots of people. The E4 (Which really should be called the E5) only has 5 people.

Which is just more of people being unable to look past the window dressing. A tournament can have as many people as it wants in it, but you're still only going to battle as many people as there are rounds in the tournament. Ergo, if people really want one that badly, they can just close their eyes and go LALALALALA and imagine they're playing in a five-round tournament when battling the Elite Four.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Wow, I can't believe I forgot about tournament rounds. *Slaps self*

Well, I suppose a better way of wording what I said is that when people think of a pokemon tournament, they think of something like the Battle Dome.

Either way, it's just whining.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
I'm thinking of a game for wii, and you swing your remote to walk and in a battle, you press A, B, C, or Z to use moves.

or a game like, you combine pokémon to evolve them for a special kind of pokémons.
for example: pikachu (electric) + diglett (ground) = (electric and ground type. example: pikalett)

BCVM22

Forced and unnecessary motion control for a Pokémon title would just be absolutely horrible.

And Pokémon fusion wouldn't be any better of an idea. Leave that sort of thing to the other monster franchises.

wichu

Imagine if the elite four was replaced with a 32 slot braket and you fought randomly selected trainers you met on different routes (obviously leveled up). If people don't want to veer from the elite four idea maybe a DSi ware application that lets you enter online tournaments?
Maybe because fighting 3 Bibarels instead of a proper E4 member isn't quite as challenging?
And Pokémon fusion wouldn't be any better of an idea. Leave that sort of thing to the other monster franchises.
Not to mention that if every Pokémon could fuse with any other Pokémon, there'd be 486098 different sprites they'd have to make (this doesn't even include alternate forms), and store on the game cartridge. If each sprite takes about 100 KB of memory (80 pixels x 80 pixels x 16 colours), that would need a 50 GB game cart. Suffice to say, that's just not possible :p

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
- You battle five trainers, all elite, all progressively more difficult than the last

'Elite' is very debatable- Battle Tower trainers have more to them than these 'elite's, which is quite peculiar- why haven't the elite four been stomped out by the super battle tower trainers?

The chain of command is totally off here.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack. Don't nitpick, I found my copy of Perfect Dark 64, nuff said.

It's like finding a lost pet.

- The final of those five is the hardest, for all the marbles

Arguably on par with the others. She has a balanced team, which, when you're allowed to switch pokemon after K.O.s, is a moot combination, because her team is then easily countered.

At least with single type teams, you have a chance of getting screwed by losing the one pokemon you need for their six, leaving your other five (two which are probably at a type disadvantage) to fend as best they can.

Balanced teams- not so. There's a chance you have a couple who can fight against any one of hers.

The only thing she excelled at was the costume.

- You advance with a victory; you're forced to start over with a loss

Too easy!

- Win all five and you're declared "the Champion".

A title you're prone to lose soon after you save the game.

What kind of a champion remains so for 5 minutes, until he wakes up at home and has to reclaim it, over, and over, and over, and.....

What kind of a champion struggles against little boys in a huge tower?

The true fault lies with the elite four. "Yeah, sure. Beat five of us and we'll call you champion. No, no, you don't get sweet kicks, but we'll make you feel good for a few minutes. Oh, and we'll laugh at you like the kid you are if you lose on of the battles. And no continuing! You gotta start all over. You loser."

Nice way to handle a kid's self-esteem. Then again, I'd probably tell him, "Suck it up, ya [cat]."

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
'Elite' is very debatable- Battle Tower trainers have more to them than these 'elite's, which is quite peculiar- why haven't the elite four been stomped out by the super battle tower trainers?

Battle Tower trainers have been stated to be digital.

The chain of command is totally off here.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack. Don't nitpick, I found my copy of Perfect Dark 64, nuff said.

It's like finding a lost pet.

Arguably on par with the others. She has a balanced team, which, when you're allowed to switch pokemon after K.O.s, is a moot combination, because her team is then easily countered.

Who said we were referring to Cynthia? There are other, much harder champions *cough* Blue *Cough*.

At least with single type teams, you have a chance of getting screwed by losing the one pokemon you need for their six, leaving your other five (two which are probably at a type disadvantage) to fend as best they can.

Not so, considering the vast amount of moves pokemon can learn nowadays. Besides, the rule of "The legendary you captured during story mode can slaughter the E4" is still valid.

Balanced teams- not so. There's a chance you have a couple who can fight against any one of hers.

The only thing she excelled at was the costume.

......Cynthia looked like an gothic Barbie doll. Hell, Wallace looked better then her.

Too easy!

A title you're prone to lose soon after you save the game.

Not in Emerald. Talk around- you're referred to as Champion.

What kind of a champion remains so for 5 minutes, until he wakes up at home and has to reclaim it, over, and over, and over, and.....

I imagine your character decided to become an honorary champion, as, let's face it, a 10 year old isn't the best choice to be the leader of a region's trainers. Not to mention the fact that being champion would restrict your exploration time.

What kind of a champion struggles against little boys in a huge tower?

Digital boys.

The true fault lies with the elite four. "Yeah, sure. Beat five of us and we'll call you champion. No, no, you don't get sweet kicks, but we'll make you feel good for a few minutes. Oh, and we'll laugh at you like the kid you are if you lose on of the battles. And no continuing! You gotta start all over. You loser."

There was an easy method to own all of the E4 in every gen except Fr/Lg.

R/B: The MissingNo trick. Or Mewtwo.
Y: Mewtwo. Or the three vastly powerful starters that have been granted to you.
G/S/C: Either Lugia/Ho-oh, or the Legendary Dogs. That is, of course, assuming you're actually pathetic enough to lose against these guys. The trip to reach them was harder.
R/S/E: Kyogre and Rayquaza slaughter the E4. Groudon, not so much, but enough to own.
Fr/Lg: You're screwed here. The Legendary birds are useless, and you can't catch Mewtwo until later. Basically, you're going to be losing a lot.
D/P/P: The only real problem is Garchomp, and that can be handled with a well placed Ice move. Everything else is owned via Legendary.

Nice way to handle a kid's self-esteem. Then again, I'd probably tell him, "Suck it up, ya [cat]."

Comments in bold.

Jolteon77

The Wolf trainer
Howdy peoples.
So far, the rpgs are still very fun and they are geniuses to keep stringing us along like this; were going in circles and taking baby steps to re-originate old games. I had been expecting tag along pokemon ever since after pokemon yellow. I understand they probably couldn't have put all of the sprites for tag alongs in those games, but what about sapphire and up? There are many other things they could have done to spice up the previous versions.
By the way they keep doing this, I can already predict what's to come next-
Hoen in pokemon ranger form (hopefully)- we're already in johto. If they don't go back to kanto next, we are headed for hoen. I love the rpgs stories, but really only keep playing because I expect for them to step up with some real graphics and let players truly interact with their teams.

What I am hoping to expect is a new region as a trainer in ranger form or better. I want my jolteon and arcanine outside with me. I want to be able to ride my arcanine any time I want over some mountains, or pick up food and feed them. I want to see my team do random things and interact with each other. How freaking awesome would it be to see somebody in your team randomly fight over a toy you just bought them, or have them be a brat sometimes and barbeque people on the street? How cool would it be to play fetch with a ninetales, or basket ball with bipeds like blaziken or aggron?
And yes, we need a real time, bust your head open till the white meat show battle system! I WANT TO KICK BUTT! PHYSCALLY! NOT throw a kick in the air 5 feet away from the opponent and magically expect the air from the friction to do some damage.

If this game was in this layout, just think about the possibilities. If a pkmn is out and was detailed, this could allow for them to wear clothes. You could put dog packs or some type of saddles on them, make them wear the ribbons they won, or have them wear hats. The trainer could dress up too- which is something that even in the current games they should have done. You should also be able to see the actual item they hold. You could groom them, see them swim if they can- actually fly around with them, pet them, actually have 'them' themselves do hm moves, etc and a whole lot more.

It might be memory extensive for each pokey, but who knows what the next handhelds will be capable of? Shoot- add a memory card or expansion pack to the game if you have to.

They made beautiful environments for pokemon ranger, so I know they'll do something that'll start the whole craze again for an actual trainer game.

I don't blame them for stringing us along so slowly because if they just up and did the best things first, the whole franchise would be out of business very quickly because fans wouldn't have anything to expect anymore- I just wish they would step at least a bit more with trainer/pkmn interaction. I'm so glad they let us have tag alongs now though, because after all these years, anything less would finally completely ruin it for me.

I would also like to see something a lot more mature in style for us poor older players. I'm not a kid anymore, and want to play something more appealing. I know they try to make it so everyone 10 and up could enjoy it, but DANG! When are the older players that have been with you from the start going to get some appreciation??

I want be an adult when I start the game or at least a teen, not a ten year old. If we have to start young, let us age into adults! And some final fantasy looking clothes and styles would be highly appreciated too, as well as making the beasties look more realistic. NO MORE BOBBLE HEAD PKMNS. I want see some detailed fur and whiskers, scales and feathers, and should i dare say--some blood??
Let us actually take down prey animals to feed the team! I don't mean gory stuff, but how else would a real life trainer feed a charizard or feraligatr? And don't tell me bag fulls of kibble or berries like they do in the show will fit the bill either. Just look at some of pokemon and their old school descriptions! There's NO WAY an absol or a syther with those blades, or a salamence or any other elemental breathing tyrant does anything pretty to take down a prey item and consume it.

Also, the trainer should be made more 'field' useful. We already see them just flash a pic of a pkmn before the trainer uses an HM- why not just let the trainer learn hm moves and have stats? It should be that the trainer has to be a certain level before they can endure some areas such as deep ocean waters, or high altitudes and snow. They should swim on their own in calm water, and choose to surf on a beast for speed, or to get through strong currents or storms on the sea.
To train a trainer though- well.....
Let them fight in double battles.
I’m serious- why can’t they use special attacks and jump in the fight along side their partners? Npc trainers could team up with their beasts. Let's go street fighter with it. Bring back dojos to teach people field moves and attacks. Let them learn attacks like fire punch and maybe even agility or something.

Also let me throw in-

fully customizable trainers (race age and height along with clothes),

color change by name pkmn (like in stadium),

IN GAME STADIUM TOURNEYS,

more interactive secret bases,

harder to beat and more developed bad guys that DON'T look gay,

all regions plus,

Stricter breeding rules (no horses with dogs, snorlaxes with pikas- for petes
sake make some breed by weight and species rules!!),

let trainers be gym leaders, police officers, rangers, hunters, breeders, and eventually an elite 16 (yes i said 16) member, all with their own respective clothes that you buy/win,

let us hook up small gyms, game courts, nurseries, practice contest floors, personal gardens, shops, or work out rooms in our bases,

actual in game radios, prettier day to night animations, more weathers changes,

real mini games like beast racing (in water, on land, or in the sky) and 'take control of your beast' minigames and missions,

more sophisticated and most importantly a FAST trading system- and by this I mean you also can trade clothes, items, treasures, or just pay (with game money), for beasts instead of just trading for animals,

Anime places like the orange islands, as well as old characters. Basically, play through some of what Ash got to do.

To tell you the truth, I've wanted a game like this for so long that I actually started making my own. I've been developing these concepts in flash for a couple of years. It started out as a demo game, but kept getting more and more advanced. It made me realize that if everything was made into a game, it would probably have to be an MMORPG. I would love to have people test it, but I'm scared to death that someone will steal my 4 year old pet project.
I do want to show one safe example of what I mean though-
this is an example of the trainer's stat screen, or at least the top of the scroll page. Your info is calculated by the majority of how you interact in the world and with your team.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/jolteon777/example1.jpg

The beastie is not an evolution of lapras, but a new style of him, as they all are in the demo. I don’t make any of the beasts dead on in appearance because 1- originals look lame and I want more realism, 2- copyright purposes. I code named him ‘sea angel’.
Speaking of copyrights- DON’T USE MY PICTURE ANYWHERE! EVUH! Okay?!
I cut out the trainer and the background, but right now it is resting on land. He is at full speed underwater when you ride him, and slowly loses health when he has to heft himself after you on land.

I have ten billion other ideas but will wait for other inputs.

Well, after about 4 pages of typing, I feel now that I have left my mark on this topic! Whew...
Tell me what you think, whoever actually reads all this.
jolteons rule fools;135;;135;

my other favs;038;;389;;257;;373;;229;;419;;359;;130;;059;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.