• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont understand why some pokemon games (of the same generation) are preffered among others in the eyes of the pokemon community.

why do people, for instance, like soul silver more than heart gold?

and what are those preffered games of each generation?

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
When I was younger I only got Gold, and then Crystal and have never had the chance to play Silver, that's why I'm getting it ^^

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
Yeah, it's kind of weird.

I like Blue, Gold, Ruby, then Diamond.

... Dunno why. You're better of asking a fish DX

Lori

I like red, silver, emerald, and platinum, and SS but that's because of the available pokemon. :D

Really it's whatever game I end up liking my team the most on...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's mainly just based on what pokemon are in the game. There's not much of a difference between the two besides that.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
mostly version differences in pokemon, and just human favoritism. i like blue(1st game) gold, sapphire, leafgreen, diamond n i havn't decided about hgss yet

Maetch

Third versions usually offer more complete gameplay packages (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum), which is why they always go for more than the other versions.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i like...
Red (my first game)
Silver (favorite out of gold and silver
sapphire (that's my birthstone)
neither diamond nor pearl, just platinum
so guess which new game i'm getting? that's right.

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
i think we just judge by the color
BLUE more populer color
SILVER more sleeker cooler
IDK for 3rd. i personnaly liked emerald
DIAMOND more masculine name then pearl (i got pearl)
Im going to get gold because of krogye and ho oh

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
There is also the fact that certain Pokemon that you like are in one game, but aren't in another

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Platinum - Yay, better story/sprites and GIRATINA!!

Silver - First Nintendo game I ever played, plus I like Lugia better (and it knows Hydro Pump so has an advantage over Ho-oh) (while we're arguing over move pools, I admit that Ho-oh learns Ancientpower, T-Bolt, Thunder, Shadow Ball, and Charge Beam, but Lugia lacks a 4x Stealth Rock weakness and learns AncientPower, Water Pulse, T-Bolt, Thunder, Charge Beam, Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Dive, AND Aqua Tail! So it has more moves that are super effective against Ho-oh than Ho-oh has moves that are super effective against Lugia. I can't believe I just spent all that time making that list, though...)

Bossk

Like a champ.
It's always the opposite of what my sister has XP

I had Red, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl Platinum, can you guess the games she had?

The only thing that upset me was that I liked Ruby better than Sapphire except Sapphire got Seviper =(

Certain games have version-exclusive Pokemon that people like better...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
plus, the colors and what they prefer...

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
I always chose the former in the debut of games
For example
Red/Blue - Red
Gold/Silver - Gold
Ruby/Sapphire - Ruby
Firered/Leafgreen- (this was the only discrepancy) Leafgreen
Diamond/Pearl - Diamond

As far as Crystal/Emerald/Platinum go I usually always just get all the games and play them but I always play the first in the gen before I play the others. I don't specifically have a generation preference unless you count that.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I'm a very visual person so I usually go by which mascot pokemon on the front cover that looks better to me to make my choice. For instance:

Blastoise > Charizard
Lugia > Ho-Oh
Groudon > Kyogre
Palkia > Dialga

and I always get the 3rd upgraded game.

i dont understand why some pokemon games (of the same generation) are preffered among others in the eyes of the pokemon community.

why do people, for instance, like soul silver more than heart gold?

and what are those preffered games of each generation?

lugia is more well known then ho-ho (basic). A lot more males buy the games then females (not sexist its true wow people...lol) so sense groundon looks more masculine ruby was bought more. (don't even argue groundon is anything pritty that thing is fugly. unlike kyrogre which has a more magestic feel....untill you dee the razor sharp teeth.)

diamond/pearl idk dialga just looked cooler to me at the time.

platinum (defualt)

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Well, for trivial reasons mostly:

Blue- because it's my favorite color
Gold- Because I like ho-oh more then lugia, and played my gold version more often then my silver version as a kid
Sapphire- once again, because I just prefer the color
Pearl- Because it's my birthstone
HeartGold- same reason as gold version

I also like the 3rd game of each generation because it's just more complete, and in the case of platinum the added content was awesome.

Profesco

gone gently
We have a sticky in Poke Polls where members can choose their favorite game version. There's not really much more going on behind this idea. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.