• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon GB & GBA games for 3ds eShop?

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
is any1 with me? cartridges are dominated by fakes and are hard to come over and play. still people wanna relive memories or experience the roots of pokemon. And another idea is to make new pokemon games old school style like they did Megaman 10 for wii!

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It's not in anyway going to happen, the games can't connect and that's the main focus of Pokemon.

A main series game will never be released on the eShop. Wanna remember some memories? Pull out the Game Boy.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
It's not in anyway going to happen, the games can't connect and that's the main focus of Pokemon.

A main series game will never be released on the eShop. Wanna remember some memories? Pull out the Game Boy.

They can make an adaption to the game so it CAN be wireless.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It

That would be pretty awesome, but I find it unlikely that they'll release main series games for the 3DS. I guess we can wish hopefully until the either do or decide to give up said hope.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
That would be pretty awesome, but I find it unlikely that they'll release main series games for the 3DS. I guess we can wish hopefully until the either do or decide to give up said hope.

Well, rereleasing the same title for the Eshop is unlikely. Releasing the remaked version will happen. The 3DS is the next gen Nintendo counsel, and the main series games will be released on it. Its debatable whether the next main series game will be for the 3DS, but eventually it will happen.

Entreri10

I'd definitely buy the originals if they put them on the eshop.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I would think Gen 6 would be for 3DS, Every Gen was on a different system. tilll 4 and 5

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
It would be nice if they released the Pokemon TCG game boy game for the E Shop I'd buy it immediately!

xDWarrior

I got my first 3DS this past December and when I looked at the eShop the first thing I looked for was old Pokemon games. I was very disappointed to find they were not there, but other old Nintendo games were.

It's in no way impossible, and I can see it happening easily if other old classic games are on the eShop. (and let's not forget the Wii has its own shop with tons of classic games too)

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Why do that? When they can make a full game and charge you full price for it.

None of the main pokémon game will be release on the e-shop.

It's in no way impossible, and I can see it happening easily if other old classic games are on the eShop.

It won't happen.

(and let's not forget the Wii has its own shop with tons of classic games too)
And only 1 pokémon was release, and it was single player game that didn't require the other pokémon game to fully play it.

Last edited:

Ace of Shades

I could only see Gen1 and Gen2 being released for the e-shop (doubt even that will happen) and not Gen3 because they wouldn't want the hypothetical Gen3 remakes to lose sales from people buying a cheaper version on the e-shop.

Jinvaani

I don't have a 3ds, but I'm sure other people would love it! Then again, there's nothing like owning the real thing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is probably never going to happen, but it'd be awesome if they made an American Green version on the E-shop which basically has everything from Japanese RGB that no one else originally got (even wackier looking sprites from Blue, Blue's in game trades, the more complex dungeon layouts from Green, etc.) But IDK if we're getting any of them on the E shop at all.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Why are all you people say its not going to happen? You dont have a real argument. They have Mario Land 1 and 2 but it doesnt make Mario 3DLand sell worse...

I dont think it would be such a problem as wireless not working, maybe trouble with day and night i dunno

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why are all you people say its not going to happen? You dont have a real argument. They have Mario Land 1 and 2 but it doesnt make Mario 3DLand sell worse...

I dont think it would be such a problem as wireless not working, maybe trouble with day and night i dunno

Pokemon is significantly more popular and well known than Mario Land 1 and 2. Porting RS to the Eshop could cause sales for a potential remake plummet. And the same could happen with GS as a matter of fact.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
There are several things that factor against them

1. Multiplayer. eShop games tend not to have what would have been Link Cable multiplayer and have that feature not functioning. Multiplayer is key to Pokémon.
2. Compatibility. I know it's minor but for those uninitiated, they will attempt to connect it to newer games and thus it won't work, causing issues.
3. Remakes. Each of those games (GBA games aren't coming to the eShop outside of Ambassador ones any time soon) has since been remaked, with the GS remakes still in production and being sold be retailers. This could potentially undercut it

I highly doubt any main series games will make it to the eShop. Spin-off games, however...

aclover

VICTORiOUS
I think that Pokémon Pinball may be renewed and released as a 3D Classic, it seems like the most suitable title to be released on the e-Shop, to me.

I doubt they'd release the main series games on the e-shop, and even less the GBA Versions (Gen III), as I think that Nintendo stated the ambassador GBA Games were a one off, so I'd think no more GBA e-Shop Games...

Lady Umbreon

I think that Pokémon Pinball may be renewed and released as a 3D Classic, it seems like the most suitable title to be released on the e-Shop, to me.
That would be cool. Pinball was my first Game Boy game (nearly 13 years and I still haven't caught them all).

Alternate idea - a Pokemon Pinball 3 for the 3DS that lets you unlock high-res, 3D versions of the tables from the first 2 games.