• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pokemon Generations" anime shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
What was the year difference between Red and Ash originally?

Wasn't it like 10 years or something?

Depending on which source, Red is either 10 or 11 years old. And while there was a reference to years passing in the games, I would hesitate to say that Red is 14 or 18+ as of the current timeline given that the anime has also made note of time passing (months or even a year), and yet the official "age" for Ash is still 10 (despite the fact that Ash of XY&Z looks nothing like a 10-year old). For all I know, Red of the games is still 10 years old despite years passing. The only confirmed aging that I know of is Red from the Adventures manga.

Sun Sol

Using Red for the Zygarde part is understandable if this is picking off where Origins left off. It's not like Calem/Serena met Zygarde 100%. And the Regigigas stuff was a side thing in Gen 4 anyway. But I hope he's not outright replacing the other trainers in their games. If he does, it's possible these are all "prequels" of sort where Red visits each region.

Remix2

Love how people are hating this on the fact that red is the main character in all of them.

Kinda of a overreacting isn't it?

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
So, pushing aside the unruly mob that has formed over Red being in this... I am SO hyped to see Ho-oh! I hope it gets an episode to itself along with the beasts and isn't a cameo for two seconds. Seriously, he needs some love, along with Raikou.

fawfulmark2

What was the year difference between Red and Ash originally?

Wasn't it like 10 years or something?

Red was 11 in RGBY, 14 in GSC and somewhere betweeen 16-20 in B2W2.

Ash was 10 in the beginning, considered 11 in a later season but swiftly reverted back to 10.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Red was 11 in RGBY, 14 in GSC and somewhere betweeen 16-20 in B2W2.

Ash was 10 in the beginning, considered 11 in a later season but swiftly reverted back to 10.

Ash was never considered 11, it was never stated and never really hinted at besides the "birthday" short that never was mentioned again. It was fans hopes of aging.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ash was never considered 11, it was never stated and never really hinted at besides the "birthday" short that never was mentioned again. It was fans hopes of aging.

I think he is referring to an episode in which it was stated that its been a year since he returned to that city (think it was an episode based around Viridian City). Though i am not sure if it was a dub only thing or not.

Last edited:

xyzash

Unbeatable
I think he is referring to an episode in which it was stated that its been a year since he returned to that city (think it was an episode based around Viridian City). Though i am not sure if it was a dubbed only think or not.

It was a dub only thing. In the original he said something more like, " it has been a while" ..

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, considering the Looker-scene only has them using Kanto pokémon (Arcanine/Machamp), perhaps we can get confirmation that Looker was the International Police agent on the SS.Anne?

As for the Red-bashers. SUCK IT!! HAHAHA!!

No really.. It seems as if we're getting multiple protagonists here. Already we've seen that we're following Red through most of it, but we're also seeing battles by Green (Bruno and Lance), Lance (Lake of Rage), Buck (vs. Heatran at Stark Mountain).

I think the Kanto-portion might just be something like:
- We see Red starting out, his first capture.
- We follow Red/Green a bit through the motions (most of this should be skipped since Origins happened).
- We see Looker fighting against Team Rocket, in order to introduce his character.
- We see Green fighting the E4.
- We see Red walking in, ready to challenge Champion Green.

I think they'll literally breeze through Johto in terms of seeing Red beat the E4/Lance. There's just not much to gain seeing Lance get beaten again. We'll obviously get the Burned Tower, Lake of Rage and hopefully the Slowpoke Well and Radio Tower, but otherwise I don't see what they could do with Johto #GSBALL2016. I just want to see a scumbag offer Red a Slowpoke's Tail for $1million. xD

Hoenn I could see being a few gimmicky encounters, including Steven Stone, Prof Cozmo, leading up to a clash between the Primals and followed by a quick breezethrough of the Delta Episode (if that).

GamerGirlNanami

Will try it since I like to at least try things but I'm not sure I will enjoy it with Red. Unless and this is a troll move if they did. They use Red to lure fanboys in but have the others when the shorts really air. If Hilbert,Brenden etc had time to shine in the real anime even just a few episodes here and now I would not be that upset. It is more the fact they are being shafted again. Actually just hit me Gold did appear in real anime verse even if it was just a special so now that I think about it I'm curious why they are so afraid to let the others show even it is just a special like Chronicles

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
OH MY GOD FINALLYYY!!! The last special about Red and his adventures with Blue were 10x better than the anime or maybe 25x i dont know but im so happy

Those specials were actually there to hype up the mega evolution charizard, but im so happy they decided to continue with this into a bunch of new episodes. They actually listend LOL

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
It looks pretty cool, I'm super excited, especially for the N episode.

I hope it's from his perspective, describing his feelings and confliction during the events of bw more deeply then we saw in the games, they could do that in a 5 minute short and I'd go ****ing crazy.

I hope I see game!dawn but aside from that I'll just take what I can get.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Love how people are hating this on the fact that red is the main character in all of them.

Kinda of a overreacting isn't it?

Red just had a whole special centered around him, and has nothing do with any of these regions beyond Johto. Definitely not a overreaction.

It doesn't have to be the same Red for people to not like the idea.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
I figure Red is mean to be the recognizable audience insert. He represents YOU the player going from one game/generation to the next, so that's why he's going to be in a bunch of them.

That's the mental reason I'm trying to use... But of course it's still hard knowing Gold and co. Won't be the star of their respective generations.

fawfulmark2

well tomorrow will mark the first 2eps-I think it's safe to assume one will be the episode with Blue/Green fighting the Elite 4 but I do wonder what the second one might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.