• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Gijinka Academy Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
@Chihaya: Actually that's fine.

On a related note, it is possible for Gijinkas to "evolve." Gradual changes over time.

@Tskune: And here I thought having a gijinka being raised by her Pokemon would be unique. xD

Just add a little more in the appearance section, and in Squishy's personality, and it should be fine.

Also, double space between paragraphs. It makes it easier to read.

@Memond: A little bit longer please.

Blahboy

WHEEL OF MUCUS!
@Memond: WARNING: You need an Unfezant partner with you!

Blahboy

WHEEL OF MUCUS!
@Memond: In the rpg. Look at other people's sign ups.

tskune

Nakodile
yaaaaay!!!!! thanksomuch! does the RP already have a thread? or does it only have the sign up?

Blahboy

WHEEL OF MUCUS!
I agree with that idea!

memond

The Dragon Slayer
good idea. by the way i added a little info about the partner pokemon. i can add more to though.

memond

The Dragon Slayer
here it is.

Name: Niko Smith (Nickname is Hermes cause he hates his actual name.)

Pokemon: Unfezant

Appearence: Pale skin with black hair and big eyes with orange iris's. He usually wears a shabby pair of jeans and a black short sleeved shirt. He has a mask like Plumage (most like a male unfezant) and Grey wings giving him the appearence of an angel."
History: Born to small family. he was an only child and abandoned by his parents and sent to and put for adoption. sent to one foster home after another, he started to grow tired of this trend and heard of the Gijinka Academy and plans on running way to the island and be among people who share his troubles. He sometimes suffers from depression and loneliness due to abandonment. but he doesn't like to show it.

Personality: Hermes's personality is rather unusal. he's usualy rather cheerful but due to abandonment he feels quite lonely by himself so he tends to be clingy towards other people. he rather resourceful but rather modest about his talents. He one day plans on becoming a famous artist or performer. The fact that he has no family haunts him deeply.

Abilities: flight and keen eye sight and can use the extensions on his plumage like whips.
Pigeon Heart: Defense can't be lowered
Super Luck: Increases critical hit ratio.
Other

Partner: Romeo

Personality:rather distant from others with the exception of Hermes. He's very loyal to him and would give his life to protect him. Hermes has a horrrible temper and the only who can calm him down in his fits of rage is Hermes. When angered he could take down several Gyrados with little trouble. He is hardly impressed with anything. but when impressed he dub thee a useful ally.

History: One day as a young Pidove it was seperated from his flocka and caught in a thunder storm. It was rescued by Hermes when he was ten and the 2 have been friends ever since.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Tskune, the RP has already started: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=526742

Perhaps we should get a mod's permission for a discussion thread in the RPG Cafe, to prevent spamming in this one? Could help with ideas, too.

I've sent a request. Hopefully it gets accepted.

here it is.

Name: Niko Smith (Nickname is Hermes cause he hates his actual name.)
Pokemon: Unfezant
Appearence: Pale skin with black hair and big eyes with orange iris's. He usually wears a shabby pair of jeans and a black short sleeved shirt. He has a mask like Plumage (most like a male unfezant) and Grey wings giving him the appearence of an angel."
History: Born to small family. he was an only child and abandoned by his parents and sent to and put for adoption. sent to one foster home after another, he started to grow tired of this trend and heard of the Gijinka Academy and plans on running way to the island and be among people who share his troubles. He sometimes suffers from depression and loneliness due to abandonment. but he doesn't like to show it.
Personality: Hermes's personality is rather unusal. he's usualy rather cheerful but due to abandonment he feels quite lonely by himself so he tends to be clingy towards other people. he rather resourceful but rather modest about his talents. He one day plans on becoming a famous artist or performer. The fact that he has no family haunts him deeply.
Abilities: flight and keen eye sight and can use the extensions on his plumage like whips.
Pigeon Heart: Defense can't be lowered
Super Luck: Increases critical hit ratio.
Other
Partner: Romeo
Personality:rather distant from others with the exception of Hermes. He's very loyal to him and would give his life to protect him.'
History: One day as a young Pidove it was seperated from his flocka and caught in a thunder storm. It was rescued by Hermes when he was ten and the 2 have been friends ever since.

Just add a little bit more to Romeo's personality and it should be good.

Also, double space between paragraphs.

Just edit your original one. You don't need to post again.

Where is my Co-GM when I need him?! -_-

memond

The Dragon Slayer
I've sent a request. Hopefully it gets accepted.

Just add a little bit more to Romeo's personality and it should be good.

Also, double space between paragraphs.

Just edit your original one. You don't need to post again.

Where is my Co-GM when I need him?! -_-

okay! will do! :)

Rotom310

As seen in pokedexes
I heard my name. Where's the fire?

Gosh... As much as I like this character I was genuinely stumped for the profile. :/

Name: Lance Wulfe
Gijinka of: Basculin (Red-Stripe)

Appearance: Lance is a short, no doubt about it. Reaching only 5’ 5, he is much shorter than most males his age. His hair, however, makes him seem much taller than he is, as down the center of his shoulder-length black hair is a pure white Mohawk. Other than his ‘hawk, the only part of Lance’s hair that isn’t black is the hair framing his face, which is a dull red, much like a Basculin’s stripes. His eyes are the same shade as the red part of his hair.

Lance often goes around wearing a dark green shirt that is so frayed at the sleeves, it has started to pale to white, and a black vest over that. His pants are normally plain white pants that look like what a Baseball player would wear on the field, and Lance’s shoes are simple tennis shoes with two black bands running horizontal across the tongue. Around his neck Lance wears a string necklace that has several DeepSeaTeeth attached to it.

Personality: Lance is often described by others as a member of the “distant loner” cliché, but there actually is much more to him than most realize. Most of his coldness is because of what happened to his younger brother [see History]. Because of this Lance, though rarely in contact with anyone, often wears his heart on his sleeves. If Lance gets angered or provoked, he could very well go into a blind rage. This makes his “ability,” Reckless, very appropriate, if not somewhat ironic.

History: Ever since he was born in Striaton City, Lance Wulfe knew he was different. He also knew that his twin brother, Tristan, was like him. Because of that the two formed a bond that kept the brothers together. And they were happy. Sure, they were kicked out of a couple schools for accidentally flooding the entire campus. Sure, they got into trouble often, but nevertheless, they were happy together.

That all changed when Tristan jumped right off the Skyarrow Bridge. Unknown to Lance, and practically anyone, for that matter, Tristan had been incredibly depressed since his 12th birthday. No one knew, and no one would ever get the chance to ask. Tristan never left any suicide note; no acknowledgement he was about to end his life. He just went out and never came back. A few days later a fisherman found the body and returned it to Lance’s family. Needless to say, Lance was devastated. His only real friend was just… gone.

Lance spent the first week in shock, which quickly turned into anger. But not at Tristan, or himself. The anger was directed toward his parents, who he blamed for Tristan’s death. He blamed them for not knowing, and by extension, not stopping Tristan. Eventually, Lance packed what few things he wanted and left, having reached the point he couldn't even look at his parents anymore. Lance then wandered aimlessly for a few weeks until he ran into a teacher from PGA who was on a much needed vacation. She instantly could tell what he was, and bought him a one-way ticket to the Academy.

There he quickly established himself as someone who should not be messed with by defeating one of the strongest students at PGA, Beck Giacomo, in a fight. Despite all the attention he got from this, Lance just pushed it away, along with any gijinkas that tried to sympathize with him after learning about Tristan. The only person Lance would allow near him wasn’t even a person at all, but his Basculin, Russell, which is the only real relic of his past he keeps with him.

Abilities:

Reckless: Whenever Lance does anything remotely life-threatening that could damage him, his power skyrockets at the cost of a higher injury risk. The only way you can tell this is in effect is if you look closely enough: a faint red aura surrounds him.

Double Edge: Lance charges at the target and tackles them recklessly, at the expense of self-damage.

Aqua Tail: Lance grabs the nearest long object and swings it at the target. As it swings, the object gains a blue glow like it is made of water.

Aqua Jet: Lance charges forward while taking on an aquatic blue aura. His speed is unparalleled, and always hits sooner than the target can attack, barring a few specific circumstances.

Final Gambit: Lance yet again charges toward the target. The only difference from a normal tackle or Double Edge is that Lance falls unconscious after using this move. Damage from this move is dependent on how healthy and strong Lance is when he uses this move.

Other: Lance, quite surprisingly, doesn’t share the animosity against Blue Basculin most Red ones have. Of course, he doesn’t really care for anyone period, but he still doesn’t outright hate the alternate colored fish [that’s plural, as in all of the Blue Basculin].

Pokemon:

Name: Russell
Species: Basculin (Red-Stripe)
Appearance: Russell looks like any other Red-Stripe Basculin, except for one detail. On top of his dorsal fin is a grey fedora, which is tied to his head so it won’t float away when underwater.
Personality: Russell is very much like his companion, only where Lance is emotionless and distant, Russell is much more aggressive and in-your-face. He also enjoys ganging up on any Blue Basculin with the few Red ones on campus.
Other: Like Lance, Russell’s ability is Reckless.

(Also, if you were wondering, Tristan wasn't based off of a Blue Basculin, but the depressed looking fish in the upper left corner of this fake pre-Black/White magazine scan.)

(Also, again, Beck Giacomo is another character I'm working on.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.