• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Cradily17

I have to admit. I never thought I'd invest significant time into a mobile game, but here I am. This game is pretty fun for what it is, even if grinding for candies can get a bit tedious. There are some things about the game that annoy me, but I'd have to say the biggest one is that there's no way to delete any eggs. You want to delete all those 5km eggs you have so you can get more 2km eggs to hatch and (hopefully) receive more candies to evolve your starters? Too bad! You have to waste time hatching eggs you don't want and pray that you get the right one next time.

Also, is Level 20 a good time to start using stardust on my strongest Pokémon?

Last edited:

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I have to admit. I never thought I'd invest significant time into a mobile game, but here I am. This game is pretty fun for what it is, even if grinding for candies can get a bit tedious. There are some things about the game that annoy me, but I'd have to say the biggest one is that there's no way to delete any eggs. You want to delete all those 5km eggs you have so you can get more 2km eggs to hatch and (hopefully) receive more candies to evolve your starters? Too bad! You have to waste time hatching eggs you don't want and pray that you get the right one next time.

Also, is Level 20 a good time to start using stardust on my strongest Pokémon?

Yeah, same thing with the main games where you can't release remaining eggs after hatching what you want...

As for powering up, I'd check to see about what moves you have and what the IVs are, as you are a high enough level where leveling up will start to level off (no pun intended), but you still will be able to catch higher CP pokemon in the future.

Tuvixer

looking for a Dragonite nerf in the game. Only thing good against a dragonite is another dragonite or maybe 2 snorlaxes.

A good Lapras can destroy a dragonite anytime ;)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
One thing I hate is when I'm standing or sitting next to a pokestop that's activated so I can use it and all of a sudden my character moves randomly away from it >.> why does that happen when I'm not moving DX

Syrion93

Hey guys,

I would like to ask, what are the chances of getting banned pernamently after you receive a soft ban ? My friend got soft banned using NOX and he decided to never play pokemon on PC again but now he fears he'll get banned again.

So can anyone tell me more please ? :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I love it when I find a rare pokemon while sitting and doing nothing XD this time I found and caught a Magmar =)

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Hey guys,

I would like to ask, what are the chances of getting banned pernamently after you receive a soft ban ? My friend got soft banned using NOX and he decided to never play pokemon on PC again but now he fears he'll get banned again.

So can anyone tell me more please ? :)

Thanks

So long as he doesn't spoof again (or use third-party apps and programs and whatnot), he should be fine. b)'')b Basically, Niantic's cracking down on people who're actively cheating. They won't touch people who play the game fairly.

Cradily17

Just another question. Say I'm at Level 8 and I use a Lucky Egg and evolve some Pokémon to quickly get to Level 10 without exiting the Pokémon menu. I know that I would receive items for reaching Level 10 after closing the menu, but would I miss out on items for Level 9?

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
A good Lapras can destroy a dragonite anytime ;)

I've got one but it doesn't know blizzard, it know dragon pulse.

Still doesn't really make up for the cp gap though does it? Max CP of dragonite is 3500 but lapras is 2981. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering fairy doesn't have immunity in pokemon GO which was a needed balance in the cartridge games.

Also if dragonite is weak to rock he is taking 125% damage right? So if it's an ice move like frost breath is he taking 150% damage or does it stay at 125%?

but yea only have hatched one lapras. Lapras is waaaaay more rare than dragonite, especially getting it to max CP level AND perfect move set to where you can actually counter dragonite.

Like I said I have a 2k lapras but it does not know ice beam or blizzard it knows dragon pulse and I don't have any more candy to power it up with against a 3500 dragonite which is a lot easier to come by.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just evolved my first growlith. I got a big boost in powere to. It went from 500 to 1200 =0 I powered it up to 1400. Hopefully I can use it in a gym =)

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
That feel when you hatch a shellder and only need one more candy to evolve but NEVER see them in the wild.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
That feel when you hatch a shellder and only need one more candy to evolve but NEVER see them in the wild.

you must live by a area that doesn't have water because I see tons of shellders around where I live as well as water pokemon >.< I have enough candies to evolve the one I have but its ivs are not quite how I like it to be so I keep capturing more and more until I find the one to evolve XD I also finally got one pokemon in that said battles won: 1 in gyms which I have no clue still how that works but I here two stories on that one which it says it goes by how many times a pokemon defend off challengers but another says its wrong and its by how much that pokemon beat by training? I have no clue XD

Tuvixer

I've got one but it doesn't know blizzard, it know dragon pulse.

Still doesn't really make up for the cp gap though does it? Max CP of dragonite is 3500 but lapras is 2981. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering fairy doesn't have immunity in pokemon GO which was a needed balance in the cartridge games.

Also if dragonite is weak to rock he is taking 125% damage right? So if it's an ice move like frost breath is he taking 150% damage or does it stay at 125%?

but yea only have hatched one lapras. Lapras is waaaaay more rare than dragonite, especially getting it to max CP level AND perfect move set to where you can actually counter dragonite.

Like I said I have a 2k lapras but it does not know ice beam or blizzard it knows dragon pulse and I don't have any more candy to power it up with against a 3500 dragonite which is a lot easier to come by.

Yes, they should have added more moves for pokemon and maybe also the 0 damage regarding types.

I have a 1663 cp lapras with blizzard and frost breath, so i can defeat even a 2500 dragonite.
I never tried to fight agains a stronger dragonite.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
you must live by a area that doesn't have water because I see tons of shellders around where I live as well as water pokemon >.< I have enough candies to evolve the one I have but its ivs are not quite how I like it to be so I keep capturing more and more until I find the one to evolve XD I also finally got one pokemon in that said battles won: 1 in gyms which I have no clue still how that works but I here two stories on that one which it says it goes by how many times a pokemon defend off challengers but another says its wrong and its by how much that pokemon beat by training? I have no clue XD

You don't need to live near an area with water to see water pokemon. I found and caught a horsea at a restaurant XD same with shellder, it was just near our hotel.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You don't need to live near an area with water to see water pokemon. I found and caught a horsea at a restaurant XD same with shellder, it was just near our hotel.

you can be sorta near water to see water pokemon the more land and not closer to water the less common to see them :p i mean you can be no where near water and find water pokemon but it be super uncommon to see one. I was just stating that the closer the water the more common it will be ;) I know around my area where I live the closer to water the common the water pokemon get which I see tons of shellders,magikarps,goldeens,psyducks,dratinis,and etc near closer to water.

porygonfan

I'm kind of upset with Pokemon Go's rules.

If your a trainer starting the game now, you are limited because trainer level limits the high cp Pokemon. So your not able to challenge gyms. So basically your just collecting Pokemon which gets boring. I miss the original Pokemon games where you can encounter any level Pokemon no matter your experience.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
you can be sorta near water to see water pokemon the more land and not closer to water the less common to see them :p i mean you can be no where near water and find water pokemon but it be super uncommon to see one. I was just stating that the closer the water the more common it will be ;) I know around my area where I live the closer to water the common the water pokemon get which I see tons of shellders,magikarps,goldeens,psyducks,dratinis,and etc near closer to water.

I am not sure how much I agree with this, honestly. Unless my game is weird, but I've never actually been anywhere near water... maybe a couple miles away... when I have caught a water Pokémon in the game.

I lie, I caught a Magikarp near a river once.

XD

Hanging out in the middle of the road one day was a Tentacruel. Horsea hang out in the woods here... only Arceus know how they managed to get there. Mud, maybe? They're part Ground type now. :D

I should mention Squritle, Krabby, and Shellder, Staryu, Starmie, Vaporeon, and I don't know what else I've seen in the wild for water types. None have been near water. Krabby and Shellder frequent the supermarket. I guess maybe they got loose from the Seafood department. Staryu and Starmie hang out outside the supermarket. Vaporeon and Squirtle are like Horsea in the middle of the woods.
I don't really live anywhere with a ton of water, just the occasional lake, river, or stream.

I am editing again because I just thought about the water fountain, which is a PokéStop... maybe it's possible for water types to appear near it... interesting.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I'm kind of upset with Pokemon Go's rules.

If your a trainer starting the game now, you are limited because trainer level limits the high cp Pokemon. So your not able to challenge gyms. So basically your just collecting Pokemon which gets boring. I miss the original Pokemon games where you can encounter any level Pokemon no matter your experience.

But like people who started at the beginning, you can level up to the point where you can take on gyms. You're a little behind, but work at it and you'll get there.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
But like people who started at the beginning, you can level up to the point where you can take on gyms. You're a little behind, but work at it and you'll get there.

This.

Also, one of the important things about the level-to-gym discrepancy is that you should remember you can't ever challenge gyms right off the bat. Think of it like this: in the main games, do you just walk into a gym and say, "Hey, what up, Brock? Here's my level five Charmander"? No, of course not. You catch bunches of Pokémon and train them until you don't get floored by the gym leader. Same deal with GO, except they just use a different system. So whereas you can catch whatever in the main games and level up that whatever you just caught until it can beat Brock, in GO, you go around, catch Pokémon until you find one that's suitable for your neighborhood gym leader, either because it's already strong enough to beat them or because it's at a reasonable amount of CP where you can just forcefeed them candies until they're strong enough.

And before anyone says, "Okay, so they should just bring battling into GO," keep in mind that the medium's different. It already takes super long to catch Pokémon. Imagine having to battle them. Battling takes a lot of time in the main games—at least a minute or two. That's great if you're standing in one place, but because GO is all about movement, that one minute is the difference between you finding a Pokémon you need and you bypassing it completely, especially if you're playing by car. While, yeah, we're already joking about people hanging out around Pokéstops, ultimately, GO's supposed to rely on quickness so you can move from one interaction (be it spinning a stop, catching a Pokémon, or checking into a gym) to the next as quickly as possible.

Tbqh, though, that might be where GO's weak spot is. I mean, don't get me wrong. I get why gyms and teams are a thing, and I get why the difficulty in catching Pokémon scales with your trainer level. And also don't get me wrong, I'm a little hesitant about comparing the game to Ingress yet again. But the thing about Ingress is that a lot of its gameplay relies on team synchronization. Absolutely, you're spending a lot of time hanging around portals to take them down too (Ingress is basically the gym part of Pokémon GO, only a lot simpler because you're just selecting a weapon and mashing the fire key—which is weirdly a lot more satisfying than it sounds), and absolutely, you can't really do anything when you're just starting out. (Attempting to hold a portal with level 1 equipment or attempting to take one down with level 1 weapons will get you very frustrated, very quickly.) But the whole point is basically you connect with your team, and they help you to level up, get what you need, and set up portals.

The bizarre thing about GO is that the teams are there, but the team synchronization isn't. There aren't really communities dedicated to Valor, Mystic, or Instinct the way there are for Ingress's Enlightened and Resistance. You can't really communicate in-game with your teammates, and I have yet to hear about people setting up Slack channels or other mobile channels to connect on a private level with each other. Likewise, a lot of the old hats aren't really reaching out to help the newbies like they do in Ingress. So I can definitely understand that tackling gyms can get frustrating because by and large, you're kinda on your own—there's no real sense of people strategizing to set gyms up unless you're doing it with your friends.

Now, don't get me wrong on all of this either. I'm still having a lot of fun because I find it weirdly addictive to catch Pokémon. That and while I adore Ingress and its team dynamics, you get instant gratification in GO for playing it every day. I'm just saying that if you play GO for the gyms, it's understandable that it might be a lackluster experience. It almost seems like Niantic hoped the game would be more like Ingress in that respect (and they did indeed give us all the baseline tools to make GO be like Ingress Lite in that respect), but the problem is folks just aren't forming the communities to do it. Whiiiiich I know sounds like I'm blaming the fandom, but I swear, I'm not. Niantic attempted to make a game that appealed to the center of the Venn diagram between their fans and Nintendo's fans (which is a perfectly reasonable aspiration), the audience they wound up getting were folks who've never played Ingress, and the end result is that Niantic and the fandom had different expectations for what the game was meant to be.

Or tl;dr, the point is that it's an AR game, so a lot of the problems you might encounter if you're here for just the gyms might stem from the fact that lots of folks either encourage you to play this (or think you're supposed to play this) as a normal Pokémon game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I am not sure how much I agree with this, honestly. Unless my game is weird, but I've never actually been anywhere near water... maybe a couple miles away... when I have caught a water Pokémon in the game.

I lie, I caught a Magikarp near a river once.

XD

Hanging out in the middle of the road one day was a Tentacruel. Horsea hang out in the woods here... only Arceus know how they managed to get there. Mud, maybe? They're part Ground type now. :D

I should mention Squritle, Krabby, and Shellder, Staryu, Starmie, Vaporeon, and I don't know what else I've seen in the wild for water types. None have been near water. Krabby and Shellder frequent the supermarket. I guess maybe they got loose from the Seafood department. Staryu and Starmie hang out outside the supermarket. Vaporeon and Squirtle are like Horsea in the middle of the woods.
I don't really live anywhere with a ton of water, just the occasional lake, river, or stream.

I am editing again because I just thought about the water fountain, which is a PokéStop... maybe it's possible for water types to appear near it... interesting.
Yeah. Like I said I caught a horsea in a restaurant XD obviously no water there =p