• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Class Zero

We have arrived.
When do you think they will update the game with other Gen 'mon? I'm assuming they will release a Generation at a time to keep things fresh but atm, I've had the app 2 days and I'm getting bored of seeing/catching the same 4 Pokemon all the time...I've had it since release and already have 1/3 of the dex completed, it will take about a month to complete it (minus the legends)

They should've released Gen 1 and 2 together, give it a couple months and release the 3rd, even though most people know Gen 1, Gen 2 is quite well known too since it came out 2 years after.

I'm just wanting more variety of Pokemon to catch, Weedle, Zubat, Pidgey and Drowzee's are getting me bored...

You're bored already and some of us don't even have the game yet :D
Have a go at taking over gyms in your local area? Go further afield and look for new Pokemon? Level up your favourites to be the very best like no one ever was?

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
You're bored already and some of us don't even have the game yet :D
Have a go at taking over gyms in your local area? Go further afield and look for new Pokemon? Level up your favourites to be the very best like no one ever was?

Well my country got it first lol, it's heaps of fun and so funny seeing so many people on the streets walking around with their phones out.
I've already taken over 2 gyms, they're not hard, I think I'm just bored of the Gen 1 Pokemon in general, I've seen them for 20 years haha I just want more variety of Pokemon, I already have most of the first stage Pokemon and a few evolutions, this game/dex can easily be finished within a month (again, minus the legendary Pokemon.)

I'm guessing we won't have the 2nd gen till next year or closer to the end of the year.

Mileron

"Wild grass" without incense seems to be weirdly populating.
I have over a square mile of forest behind my house, and after an hour's walk the only wild spawns I ran into were near houses or roads.
Also, even though I'm in "a college town" with several shopping centers, an actual college, and such nearby, the only Pokestops I saw were churches and municipal buildings. Gyms, too.

Sure, I would assume a city like Philly (where I work) to have more spawns given population density, but still, it's weird how... empty... it is around my home. And I'm not even in "the sticks" of South Jersey.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Anyone perfected throwing a curve ball? I did it once, but I don't know how I did it.

Is there a thread for Serebii's covereage? I've noticed they don't have super potions listed as an item you can get from Pokespots.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Anyone perfected throwing a curve ball? I did it once, but I don't know how I did it.

Is there a thread for Serebii's covereage? I've noticed they don't have super potions listed as an item you can get from Pokespots.

The only thing I've found about how to throw a curve ball is "Drag and rapidly spin the Poké Ball in a circular motion before you release it" :D

When do you think they will update the game with other Gen 'mon? I'm assuming they will release a Generation at a time to keep things fresh but atm, I've had the app 2 days and I'm getting bored of seeing/catching the same 4 Pokemon all the time...I've had it since release and already have 1/3 of the dex completed, it will take about a month to complete it (minus the legends)

They should've released Gen 1 and 2 together, give it a couple months and release the 3rd, even though most people know Gen 1, Gen 2 is quite well known too since it came out 2 years after.

I'm just wanting more variety of Pokemon to catch, Weedle, Zubat, Pidgey and Drowzee's are getting me bored...

Yeah. I grew up with 3rd Gen., so it is really foreign to me to see things like Golbat and Seadra unable to evolve. I know that's what it was like for a long time, but it still bothers me...

Here's hoping they release a Gen. of Pokemon each month, so in August we get Johto stuff, September for Hoenn Pokemon, etc., until we get Alola Pokemon in December, about a month after they are available in the games. Maybe I'm overestimating their capabilities, but it really does seem empty when we only have 20% of all Pokemon.

Plus, I think it would be good for branding and stuff like that if they feature some of the newer Pokemon that the more casual players won't be used to. Seeing those alongside the classics in the same sort of aesthetic style might help people take a liking to them more easily.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game. I'm glad it has the potential to be something that easily brings people together, something that the regular games already do, but Go is just more accessible, being free and all.

One thing I do wonder, will the rarity of Pokemon and CP increase as you level up? For a long time I was only getting Pidgey near my house, but after getting level 5 I found a Pidgeotto in my house that had higher CP than my evolved one. I'm also wondering how more naturally rare and powerful Pokemon will show up like Snorlax and Chansey. I've seen a photo of a Snorlax, but has anyone seen a Chansey yet?

ChangeJD

Saving Science

Put your finger on the Pokeball and spin it in either direction until you see it sparkle. Then, throw it and hope it hits.

If you spin the ball clockwise, when you let it go it will curve to the right. Make sure you throw the ball to the left of the Pokemon so that it will curve and hit it just right. And of course, just flip all of the directions if you want to spin it counterclockwise.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
It's obviously a long, long, long time away, but im curious how "Go" will include Mega evolutions.

I assume they'd just sell the stones for maybe 10,000 coins. That seems to simple for Mega evolution though.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't really get how the Pokemon GO Plus is going to work. This game doesn't run in the background. The app has to be open and running for pokemon to show up, and if it's open, why do I need the bracelet?

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
I don't really get how the Pokemon GO Plus is going to work. This game doesn't run in the background. The app has to be open and running for pokemon to show up, and if it's open, why do I need the bracelet?

Why so much hate? The bracelet allows you to have the game closed and not running yet, allowing you to find and capture Pokemon.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
So is anyone else having problems with how old their phone is? Apparently my phone, which has never had problems running an app before, is to out-of-date to use this app. I've waited almost a year for this game, and now I can't even play it. Extremely disappointing.

Anyone have an idea if they might expand their support, or if I'm just out of luck?

I've had a similar problem, my tablet is an older model, so there's no more OS update, which means I can't update to a version that can run Go. I would not expect them to add much backwards compatiblity either, likely they'll focus on adding newer devices.

Silence27trey

I think it would have been better if they would've postponed Pokemon Go and released it two to three years from now completely polished and compatible with whatever game was out at the time with the full intentions of updating for future continuing games. The idea of getting people out discovering, exploring, and looking at physical activity in a different light is brilliant. Just imagine half the people today if they were actual trainers. "O.M.G. You mean I have to actually get off my fat *** to catch a Pidgey?" Haha they wouldn't last a day.

BCVM22

I think it would have been better if they would've postponed Pokemon Go and released it two to three years from now--

No, that would not have been a particularly good idea. The time for this was now, and they can "update for future continuing games" just fine. Not only does the infrastructure of an app on a mobile OS lend itself to that by its very nature, but they already intend to update it with the Pokémon of Generations II-VI down the line. There would be nothing to be gained and everything to be lost by waiting "two to three years from now."

Just imagine half the people today if they were actual trainers. "O.M.G. You mean I have to actually get off my fat *** to catch a Pidgey?" Haha they wouldn't last a day.

I have already seen this complaint elsewhere. These people are hilarious.

Mileron

On Reddit I saw an image of a facebook? conversation between two people about how one saw a guy riding his bike up and down the same road...

To hatch his eggs.

Theo-92

So had the day off today and instead of sitting inside playing pokemon I was searching far and wide.

The loading screen is so right, be aware of your souroundings or you will hurt yourself.

Bariokie

rock dog
Yep if im in the forest I dont rly mind but on the streets you reaaaaly gotta watch out o:

Edit: how are we even supposed to train our starters? By hatching charmander eggs?

Rakurai

Is it confirmed that larger Pokemon have higher CP?

I've been wondering if I should hold out for a double XL version of a Pokemon I intend to boost.

Silversea

Is it confirmed that larger Pokemon have higher CP?

I've been wondering if I should hold out for a double XL version of a Pokemon I intend to boost.

I think this just means the CP "bar" has progressed further. This doesn't mean it'll have a higher maximum CP, but that you don't have to waste stardust to get it that far to begin with. Right?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
tried Pokemon Go today, and it took all day to figure out why i couldn't get the GPS to work x__x

Then i had 20% battery left and trying to catch my starter killed it all. there are also apperently no names available to use at all

Last edited: