• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

BCVM22

I have to imagine that if shiny Pokémon were in the game, they would have been discovered in the seven months since launch.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Started playing again. I must say this update is pretty good. I stopped due to cold weather. I might start walking to my park to catch some gen II Pokémon since it's warming up :D
So glad I didn't evolve my Eevee, because now I have an Espeon

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Any sightings on the starters?

I've managed to get lucky this morning, found a Crobat at work which meant I don't need to catch a shed load of Zubat ever again, also got Houndour, and Hoothoot are popping up like there's no tomorrow.

Swinub is common in my area, which surprises me because it never snows here, managed to get Piloswine already because of how common they are.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Just came home from one of the malls near our place right now. A lot of Sentret, Furret, Natu, Murkrow, and Hoothoot were there aside from the Kanto Pokemon. There was a single Chinchou and a Ledyba (which was my first Johto Pokemon, by the way). Wooper was in the sightings too, but I did not get it.

It's nice there are Gen 2 Pokes already, but I think they should lessen the number of the common Pokes (i.e. Rattata, Pidgey, and now, Sentret, Hoothoot, etc...) for a bit, and increase the number of less common ones a bit more so that everyone could have a better chance filling up their dex. That does not mean make Rattata or Sentret rare, but have them appear less frequently than they do and let other Pokes come more often.

By the way, that mall is most likely a Pidgeot nest since once in a while, a Pidgeot appears there.

When I was at the mall, I saw a Chikorita and a Totodile. Unfortunately though, Chikorita was in a far away Pokestop, and Totodile was in the department store area, which is not the best place to get Pokemon. I saw a Chikorita just now at the church near our place, but it's gone. I have not seen a Cyndaquil yet, though.

Edit: I caught a Chikorita and a Totodile here at my house earlier. No Cyndaquil though.

Last edited:

jacensolo66

I've managed to get lucky this morning, found a Crobat at work which meant I don't need to catch a shed load of Zubat ever again, also got Houndour, and Hoothoot are popping up like there's no tomorrow.

Swinub is common in my area, which surprises me because it never snows here, managed to get Piloswine already because of how common they are.
over 5 hours caught all 3 starters last night. totodile appeared at my work, cyndaquill appeared at a pokestop across the street in front of a church, and as i was leaving work found chikorita behind the church.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I've got Chikorita, it appeared in my capital cities main park. With like hundreds of yanma, was hoping Totodile would be in the river by the park but no luck. Really want Cyndaquil though.

How about Wobbefuett? Or is that going to be a special Pokémon like Ditto or a regional Pokemon?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

i saw ledyba,spinrak,swinub mostly around my part of town just opened the app since forever since I haven't played in quite some time do to its fridged in Michigan and walking around trying to play go is annoying but anyway will be starting to start playing it a bit more soon since spring is around the corner and it will not be as cold as it has been where i live >.> I haven't seen starters yet...

Sabi96

Maybe it's just me, but have they added/updated critical capture?

it shook once and when it clicked, some stars were flying upwards. Was that in the game before or is it new as well?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

it shook once and when it clicked, some stars were flying upwards. Was that in the game before or is it new as well?

I am pretty sure it was still there but I could be wrong haven't played in months so not fully sure XD

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Yes, they added a critical capture function in the last update. Still have yet to see one myself though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What about evolution items. I haven't recived any yet. Has anyone found one?

They are extremely rare. In the past 24 hours I have spun somewhere between 200 and 300 Pokestops, and yet I have only received one King's Rock and nothing else. Seeing as Pokestops average about 4-5 items per spin, it would seem that these items have less than a .01% chance of being given, at least with my limited available data.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Nope. Evolves from Wooper and I have found around 4 of those.

Wobbuffett, not Quagsire. (To throw my 2 cents in, no I haven't seen Wobbuffett either)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
They are extremely rare. In the past 24 hours I have spun somewhere between 200 and 300 Pokestops, and yet I have only received one King's Rock and nothing else. Seeing as Pokestops average about 4-5 items per spin, it would seem that these items have less than a .01% chance of being given, at least with my limited available data.
Similar here. Idk about Pokestop numbers but have spun a lot, and only have two of the items (King's Rock, Metal Coat). The latter was the first pokestop of the day, interestingly.

Caught a whole bunch of things, helped by the fact at uni/work there were lures everywhere (with account names suggesting the uni set them up...?) The first gen 2 poke I caught was Totodile. Happily they seem to spawn in the park by my flat. I had a <10 minutes walk just now and caught five of them. This pleases me.

Other pokes of note: Skarmory, Mantine, Octillery (three of them), Azumarill, Ledian, Teddirusa, Bayleaf, Xatu, Furret, and a few Chikorita. Also a bunch of less exciting ones. Not even seen a Cyndaquil though... just like Charmander the Fire-type starter seems to be rare where I am.

Pinap berries are great for rare Pokemon or middle stages you need more candy for now they give more Candy. Got 10 candy from Bayleaf, Croconaw and Machoke with them.

Last edited: