• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Last night I captured a Quilava and this morning I captured a Typhlosion. I have yet to even see a Cyndaquil though.

Also of note is that in addition to the Typhlosion I caught, I saw Meganium on the nearby at one point in the car. Seeing the I have only ever seen one fully evolved Kanto starter in the wild before, something seems up. Is it possible the Johto starters are more common than their Kanto counterparts?

Vipsoccermaster

Caught a few new ones today. Murkrow, Houndour, Natu, and Aipom. Saw Cyndaquil on the first day Gen II launched, but it ran away after the server troubles. Saw another the next day, but failed to go into Catching Mode.

Evolution items are indeed rare, but I got lucky and got a Sun Stone on the way home from breakfast.

DR.gonzo

Last night I captured a Quilava and this morning I captured a Typhlosion. I have yet to even see a Cyndaquil though.

Also of note is that in addition to the Typhlosion I caught, I saw Meganium on the nearby at one point in the car. Seeing the I have only ever seen one fully evolved Kanto starter in the wild before, something seems up. Is it possible the Johto starters are more common than their Kanto counterparts?

I'm playing from the uk . Defo noticed a higher increase in starter pokes I think . I live right near a small seaside resort and squirtle was quite available round that area , then charmander would be available upon walking along the Cleveland way across the cliff tops which was a hot bed for fire types/fighting/rock/ground . Would often see picka/bulb/squirtle up on the walk to .

Now since gen 2 , I have a cindaquil nest at the golf course on the end of the cliff walk , and totodile spawns more frequent round near the pier head I'm upto 45 candies already . Though lures have been on constant on the pier since gen 2 dropped . Once it settles down will have more data to see if starters are spawning more than usual .

Think I'm about 45 in on gen 2 already . Which is half the Dex done in 2days . I feel niantic have turned the spawn increase up across the board for gen 2 rolling out . My area is not normally pulling out this much variant on a constant basis .

Also with the key evo items like the guy previous says who's hit about 300 stops , I've received 2 items so far . 2x king rock . 1 came from my first spin of the day which was my 7th in a row bonus . Then I received another one about 1 hour later . Hit over 400 stops so far . Defo seem rare .

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I've got Chikorita, it appeared in my capital cities main park. With like hundreds of yanma, was hoping Totodile would be in the river by the park but no luck. Really want Cyndaquil though.

How about Wobbefuett? Or is that going to be a special Pokémon like Ditto or a regional Pokemon?

Can confirm wobbufett can be caught regularly. Just pops up as any pokemon does. I caught mine pretty early on and I'm stateside.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I must be so unlucky where I live, all I ever had was Pidgey and the odd Weedle and Rattata in my town, now its just Murkrow, Ledyba and Swinub, and of course, Pidgey. I've spent this evening down Cardiff Bay, hoping there would be Totodile or other Johto water pokemon, and alas, just Pidgey, Swinub and Staryu, with the odd Psyduck and Horsea. Yet there were loads of Pokestops which had lures on them.

I really want Cyndaquil and Totodile, and actually Wobbufett too.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Let's see, for Johto Pokemon, so far I've caught:

Sentret
Spinarak
Ariados
Murkrow
Hoothoot
Yanma
Chikorita
Slugma
Natu
Ledyba
Marill

I've seen Houndour, Hoppip, Snubble, Bayleaf, Remorade, Teddiursa... But I didn't have Pokeballs with me, so... In the area, I've seen Totodile and Larvitar. That last one I would've gone after if I had data, but seeing as I do not...

Oh! But I did hatch a Mantine from a 10k egg today! That was kinda exciting.

I also got a Dragon Scale today, which I intend to use to evolve my Seadra.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I used a Pinap berry when I encountered Bayleef. As a result, I got 10 candies. My mom caught the same Bayleef, but didn't use a berry and got 5 candies. All of the other captures for the day resulted in normal 3 candy pulls, so is there a reason why Bayleef was different? Do middle evolutions give more candy?

Echo Nacyl

I used a Pinap berry when I encountered Bayleef. As a result, I got 10 candies. My mom caught the same Bayleef, but didn't use a berry and got 5 candies. All of the other captures for the day resulted in normal 3 candy pulls, so is there a reason why Bayleef was different? Do middle evolutions give more candy?
I noticed a similar thing when I caught a Furret and a Houndoom. Both of them gave 5 instead of 3. It seems that evolved Pokemon give more. I wonder whether third-stage evos give even more or what.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Today I recieved my seven day bonus, and one of the items was a Sun Stone. As this was only the second evolution item I have gotten from over 200 Pokestops, it makes me wonder if the seventh day bonus is meant to be more likely, or even ensured, to give you one.

A new functionality added with the release of Johto Pokemon is that 2nd stage Pokemon now give you 5 candies instead of three, and 3rd stage ones give you 10.

DR.gonzo

Today I recieved my seven day bonus, and one of the items was a Sun Stone. As this was only the second evolution item I have gotten from over 200 Pokestops, it makes me wonder if the seventh day bonus is meant to be more likely, or even ensured, to give you one..[/ QUOTE]

I've received 2 evolution items so far , my first came from the 7day spin like yours , then I've received another kings rock from a normal pokestop spin . Was out for around 9-10hours yest and no evo item from all my pokestop spins .

jacensolo66

Got an Up-Grade from my 7th day spin and a Kings Rock randomly. Won't be able to use the Up-Grade for a while tho as i caught my only Porygon last week so still 44 candy short.

Vector88

So yeah...After the 7th day spin I finally got a Sun Stone...but I don't have Gloom or enough Sunkern candies.
So far I got: Ledyba, Sentret, Chikorita, Houndour, Sunkern, Octillery, Chinchou, Lanturn, Hood Hoot, Yanma and Heracross

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm going for a walk today by my local lake, Totodile had better appear here today, or else I'm stumped, I've got no idea where else it could appear. Like Cyndaquil, I have no idea where that would be.

Bus

I went to Disney World shortly after Gen 2 was released and oh man, that place is a wonderland of pokestops! I had to empty my inventory multiple times as I was going around the park. Still though...not a single Evolution item despite at least a couple hundred pokestops. I did gather quite the inventory of new guys though:
Spinarak
Ariados (shortly after I got enough candies to evolve my Spinarak I caught one)
Hoothoot
Sunkern (Im ready to evolve it; just need a Sunstone)
Mantine
Murkrow
Remoraid
Teddiursa
Heracross
Natu
Xatu (once again, as I was nearing evolution, I found a fully evolved Xatu)
Hoppip
Misdreavus (though I didnt catch it; it ran after one ball)
Qwillfish (ran after one ball, so I missed out)
Sudowoodo
Sentret
Furret (I found so many I evolved it quickly)
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Todadile
Ledyba
Ledian (Caught a Ledian before a Ledyba, actually)
Marill
Yanma
Wooper
and I evolved one of my Eevees to an Espeon

Oh, and I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but I think 'Critical Captures' are a thing now. I noticed that I caught some of the pokemon after it rolled around only once and the animation of a successful capture was slightly different for it. It's pretty rare, btu I saw it happen more than once, so i know I wasn't hallucinating lol.

EDIT: Oh, and it seems that capturing evolved pokemon get more candies now. I don't know how many you get for a 3rd stage pokemon, but for 2nd stages like Ariados, I had gotten 5 candies.

Vipsoccermaster

I went to Disney World shortly after Gen 2 was released and oh man, that place is a wonderland of pokestops! I had to empty my inventory multiple times as I was going around the park. Still though...not a single Evolution item despite at least a couple hundred pokestops.

EDIT: Oh, and it seems that capturing evolved pokemon get more candies now. I don't know how many you get for a 3rd stage pokemon, but for 2nd stages like Ariados, I had gotten 5 candies.
Amusement parks has tons of stops. Great source of Pokémon, candy, and items.

Third stage Pokémon give out 10 candy. 20 if you successfully catch one immediately after using a Pinap Berry.

Last edited:

DR.gonzo

I'm going for a walk today by my local lake, Totodile had better appear here today, or else I'm stumped, I've got no idea where else it could appear. Like Cyndaquil, I have no idea where that would be.

Areas with real world water features don't guarantee certain types of water Pokémon spawns , I'm finding totodile in my area are linked to a water biome area that spawns frequent magikarp,goldeen,seel,staryu,poliwag
and rare dratini,dewgong,seaking . Squirtle and totodile appear in this area for me every so often . I haven't seen any totodile near rivers,lakes so far but only near the coast/beach

Qyndaquil spawns for me on a trail I walk along the cliff tops , spawns ground and fire types a lot , with the occasional grass/water spawn .
Geodude,machop,ponyta,oddish,bellsprout,ryhorn,slugma,hoppip,sunkern, , rarer spawns are pinsir,scyther,Magmar,,houndour,
And I also see the occasional starter Pokémon char/bulb/squirt/pika qynda/Chiko. Haven't had totodile spawn yet tho in this biome .

I've had small random encounters elsewhere for stater pokes , but these two biomes pay out more often with guaranteed success

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Areas with real world water features don't guarantee certain types of water Pokémon spawns , I'm finding totodile in my area are linked to a water biome area that spawns frequent magikarp,goldeen,seel,staryu,poliwag
and rare dratini,dewgong,seaking . Squirtle and totodile appear in this area for me every so often . I haven't seen any totodile near rivers,lakes so far but only near the coast/beach

But the placement of water biomes is near bodies of water, so it's pretty safe bet that if you go to a lake, you'll find a water biome.

DR.gonzo

But the placement of water biomes is near bodies of water, so it's pretty safe bet that if you go to a lake, you'll find a water biome.

That's a misconception . Water in real world does not mean a water biome in game .
Water can spawn water Pokémon from a normal "pool bucket" , you have to look for specific water Pokémon to locate a water biome in game .
I can walk the river walk and see the usual golden,magikarp,poliwag,psyduck and a few horsea . These are just normal random spawn points etc and you'll rarely get anything over the standard first evo lines .

A water biome has a set list of different water pokes with rarer mons and 2nd/3rd evo lines been more available from its "pool bucket" it will spawn frequent spawns , multiple spawns at the same time in a smallish area .

Again water in real world does not mean a water biome/habitat in Pokémon go .

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's a misconception . Water in real world does not mean a water biome in game .
Water can spawn water Pokémon from a normal "pool bucket" , you have to look for specific water Pokémon to locate a water biome in game .
I can walk the river walk and see the usual golden,magikarp,poliwag,psyduck and a few horsea . These are just normal random spawn points etc and you'll rarely get anything over the standard first evo lines .

A water biome has a set list of different water pokes with rarer mons and 2nd/3rd evo lines been more available from its "pool bucket" it will spawn frequent spawns , multiple spawns at the same time in a smallish area .

Again water in real world does not mean a water biome/habitat in Pokémon go .

Sorry. I'm a little confused by what you're saying. What makes it so that Water biomes aren't at real locations with water? At home I live near a lake, it's a water biome. I go to a pier on the ocean, it's a water biome. Even my college campus, which is in the middle of Los Angeles, nowhere near large bodies of water, has water spawn points next to its fountains and pools, but nowhere else. And if you go somewhere without water, you don't see any Water-Types. I'm pretty sure that water leads to Water-Types spawning.

DR.gonzo

Sorry. I'm a little confused by what you're saying. What makes it so that Water biomes aren't at real locations with water? At home I live near a lake, it's a water biome. I go to a pier on the ocean, it's a water biome. Even my college campus, which is in the middle of Los Angeles, nowhere near large bodies of water, has water spawn points next to its fountains and pools, but nowhere else. And if you go somewhere without water, you don't see any Water-Types. I'm pretty sure that water leads to Water-Types spawning.

What I'm trying to say is each water bodie - river/ocean/lake/resivior have a different set off Pokémon in its spawn list . Yes water will spawn water type Pokémon . But it won't spawn every water type .

Reservoir Pokemon
Common 40% Magikarp 20% Psyduck 15% Electrobuzz
Uncommon 10% Slowpoke 5% Magmar 2.5% Dratini
Very Rare <1% Tentacruel Seaking Polwag Golduck Tentacool Slowbro Horsea Staryu Vaporeon Dragonair Squirtle

Compared to

River Pokemon
Common 50% Magikarp 25% Psyduck 15% Slowpoke
Uncommon 2.5% Dratini
Rare ~1% Krabby Golduck Tentacool
Very Rare <1% Tentacruel Staryu Polywag Goldeen Seaking Slowbro Squirtle Horsea Dragonair

Notice how each list is slightly different . so forth with oceans/beaches etc .
So again not all water features are "biomes". Yes they will spawn water Pokémon from a random common list , but tracking down certain "biomes" will increase your chance to find more of the Pokémon you want .

I can walk my river trail and snag water pokes , and maybe get a random totodile , but I know if I head to the pier front I have a higher chance for totodile spawning multiple . Which is a water biome in my area . Not just a water spawn feature like the river walk to the ocean .

Again I'm only going off my finds , I'm over 1500km walked in game , level 31 . Have 122 totodile candie at the moment from hunting in this biome against random water spawns . I've had croconaw and totodile spawn together , or multiple totodile spawns in this small area only . Everywhere else has been a single totodile and hardly repeats the spawn again . Same with dratini I know I can go this point and always get a couple on a days hunt from it, where the river etc may only give me 1 every few days .

You may be lucky and have water biomes in all your water features , but that's not to say it's a biome that has totodile in its spawn listings .
Most biomes have about 5-10% chance to pull any random spawn from the hole Dex available as well as a set list of Pokémon .