• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Rakurai

The neighboring town closest apparently has more Pokestops then I'd ever realistically be able to use before they come off cooldown.

It also seems like the blue team is dominating my part of the state, so I decided to roll with that one.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Was trying to capture a Ponyta when I was outside at the Post Office. Then I was moving from the line and the screen zoomed so close I couldn't capture it anymore.

Felt weird looking at it's legs. 0_o

shadowF

Never mind, can we take photos before we catch the Pokemon or after we captured them we can take pictures of them outside in the world?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I recently looked at a YouTube video about Pokemon GO that was posted yesterday (sorry with that video has swearing from that guy) and I did saw that they mentioned a lot of info about some of people died and some of them got into trouble playing Pokemon GO like by playing the game while driving (I seriously wish people don't use their phones while driving) and people have accidentally walked into forbidden territory and got caught by the Police.

But, I kinda really worried about Pokemon GO getting this type of tragedy since Pokemon is popular, but I feel very sorry about those people getting into alot of deaths in accidents.

Last edited:

Jinouga87

I'm hoping they allow Android 4.4.2 to play this game. The only place I was able to download it to was my tablet and that doesn't get wi-fi outside so I can't go anywhere.

Last edited:

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
Never mind, can we take photos before we catch the Pokemon or after we captured them we can take pictures of them outside in the world?

You should be able to take photos when a Pokemon appears on the augmented reality, before you catch it. When a wild Pokemon appears, there should be a camera button in the lower right hand corner.

I haven't figured out a way to take photos of your Pokemon in the real world after catching them, but it would be awesome if they added that.

The game is pretty fun overall in my opinion. I most recently caught a Jigglypuff in front of our garage.

John Trainer

John Trainer
How does gym work cause I beat the gym and I didn't take it over? Is there also a way to get more stardust or is it just capturing pokemon? I'm having fun playing the game.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Day 2 of Pokemon Go and apperently nothing is appearing on my map.

No pokemon, no Gyms and no Pokespots. All ive got is the map, my avatar, and a rotating pokeball symbol.

Vroomer

Day 2 of Pokemon Go and apperently nothing is appearing on my map.

No pokemon, no Gyms and no Pokespots. All ive got is the map, my avatar, and a rotating pokeball symbol.

I have 6 captures in my journal. 0 in my pokedex. They REALLY need to figure their crap out. I have 0 items as well. No pokeballs. No insence. Nothing. No pokes near me.

Jinouga87

How does gym work cause I beat the gym and I didn't take it over? Is there also a way to get more stardust or is it just capturing pokemon? I'm having fun playing the game.

After you beat a Gym it becomes neutral. You have to tap the Gym again to add your Pokemon and claim it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I can't update my phone! And new phones cost too much! :(

I'll just have to wait until I can get maybe a 5.0 or something. I need my gym.

Vroomer

Hmm. Had to reboot the ap and toggle wifi/LTE to get it to wake up. It's a serious battery drain, too.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Does anyone know how to use the second move your Pokémon have? For example, my Pidgeotto has Steel Wing and the move below it is Twister. How do I use Twister in gym or practice battles?

Also, are there other ways to heal your Pokémon, other than using Potions?

Haven't downloaded the game yet, seeing that it isn't in the app store yet. I am following some youtubers though who have been playing it and according to them, the game seems enjoyable.

Theo-92

Does anyone know how to use the second move your Pokémon have? For example, my Pidgeotto has Steel Wing and the move below it is Twister. How do I use Twister in gym or practice battles?

Also, are there other ways to heal your Pokémon, other than using Potions?

Press and hold to use a move that uses the bar up, in this case twister. Not found anything but I don't think their is beside potions.

Was out going back and forth between multiple spots to farm items and Pokèmon. Must look so weird. God I love farming.

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
Please forgive me if this has already been stated, but it appears that egg exp is calculated based upon the number of kilometres required to hatch * 100 [eg. a 2 km egg nets 200 XP, a 5 km egg nets 500 XP, a 10 km egg nets 1000 XP, etc]

Also, has anyone gotten an egg with a higher kilometre requirement than 10 km? That's my current highest