• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

EnglishALT

Woke up to an update saying 188 million more to go, still kind of annoyed the rest of the world gets Farfetch'd since it was kind of special getting to put it in gyms when ever I flew back to the US.

Vipsoccermaster

Farfetch'd is out now worldwide! Three billion Pokémon have been caught! Be sure to get Farfetch'd by sunset (around 5:00 PM) on Monday, November 27, 2017 Pacific Time. Double XP, Stardust, and six-hour lures will be active until Friday, December 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM PST. The legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) will be gone until further notice around the afternoon on Thursday, November 30, 2017, Pacific Time.

I got Farfetch'd, so I'm happy about that. Mr. Mime is the last regional I need for Generation I.

EnglishALT

Just returned from dinner and caught several Kanghaskahn, I also noticed Farfetch'd are spawning more rapidly in Japan, usually I would see one a month, I passed atleast four of them while looking for Kanghaskahn.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Got my Farfetch'd last night and my mom got her's earlier today, which is great! My first region exclusive other than for the region I live in XD Also pretty stoked that the rewards will be on until the end of the month. That double stardust and experience is amazing!

Rapiido

Bring on gen 3!

All I need is my 3 starters, Tropius, Milotic, Wailord, and the meteorites.
And please no regional exclusives because I know Tropius will fall into that category.....

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So yeah, Hoenn Pokémon finally coming is great, but what's up with this only 50 will be released first thing? That's just pointless and absurd. As if only releasing the Ghost Pokémon way ahead of the rest wasn't bad enough to begin with. If you're not ready to release them all yet, don't tease us. I'd rather wait the extra month and get them all at the same time. It's more exciting to have the full roster released at once than to have a soft-launch. At least 50 is a somewhat decent amount, unlike the five we got for Halloween, I guess.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited for this, it's just not as exciting as it could have been. Gen III is where I really started liking the designs of Pokémon, and it has many of my favorites, so I can't wait to start catching them. This new weather functionality also seems very interesting, and should add some much-needed depth to the game.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Still patiently waiting for PvP battling to be implemented.

Preferably, I'd like to see online PvP battling implemented, because 5 million daily users is a lot globally, but it's nothing if you're limited to your own city.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Still patiently waiting for PvP battling to be implemented.

Preferably, I'd like to see online PvP battling implemented, because 5 million daily users is a lot globally, but it's nothing if you're limited to your own city.

How would PvP even work in Go? The battle system has enough problems staying synced against a computer-controlled opponent, just think about things like the dodge glitch. I'd imagine that against a live-time, real-life opponent it would be even worse.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
How would PvP even work in Go? The battle system has enough problems staying synced against a computer-controlled opponent, just think about things like the dodge glitch. I'd imagine that against a live-time, real-life opponent it would be even worse.

Well we'll just have to wait and see.

The feature is supposed to be underway, though I don't expect it to debut until the end of next year.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I just got an update that shows a Christmas loading screen with hoenn pokemon like spheal.

Now the Hoenn Pokemon have dropped.

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
So yeah, Hoenn Pokémon finally coming is great, but what's up with this only 50 will be released first thing? That's just pointless and absurd. As if only releasing the Ghost Pokémon way ahead of the rest wasn't bad enough to begin with. If you're not ready to release them all yet, don't tease us. I'd rather wait the extra month and get them all at the same time. It's more exciting to have the full roster released at once than to have a soft-launch. At least 50 is a somewhat decent amount, unlike the five we got for Halloween, I guess.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited for this, it's just not as exciting as it could have been. Gen III is where I really started liking the designs of Pokémon, and it has many of my favorites, so I can't wait to start catching them. This new weather functionality also seems very interesting, and should add some much-needed depth to the game.

My guess would be for longevity. They need to keep some Pokemon unreleased so that they have something to stall with while they develop more content. And by releasing Pokemon in groups, they can have players coming back to the game repeatedly rather than catching everything in a few weeks and not touching the game much afterwards,

But anyway, they're out now! So far I've only caught a Gulpin and a couple of Roselia. The new weather feature is bringing me lots of poison types as it's cloudy outside.

Rapiido

Got Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Treecko, Seedot, Slakoth and Spoink so far. So many normal types with partly cloudy skies wow.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
FYI Clear skies is grass, ground and fire.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm getting an extreme weather warning instead of any actual weather, my assumption is due to the wild fire not to far away. Interesting.

Anyways, it's great to be able to catch some new Pokémon, but it is as I feared, the 50 Pokémon limit is really dampening the amount of new Pokémon there is to find at any given time. This hasn't been as exciting as the Johto launch so far for me.

My guess would be for longevity. They need to keep some Pokemon unreleased so that they have something to stall with while they develop more content. And by releasing Pokemon in groups, they can have players coming back to the game repeatedly rather than catching everything in a few weeks and not touching the game much afterwards,

It's artificial longevity though, and completely unnecessary. If they were to release a new generation of Pokémon every, let's say, six months, starting now, then we would get to Gen VII in late 2019 /early 2020, and by then Gen VIII would likely be coming to a close or even already ended, meaning they could still do new releases every six months for another year, putting them into 2021. That would give them a lifespan of 5 years, which, as far as I know, is an incredibly large lifespan for a mobile game. At the rate we're going now, we won't hit Gen VII until 2021/2022. Six months is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to wait in between major additions. Instead, they took even longer to release Gen III than it took them to release Gen II. Niantic themselves claimed Gen II would have been out much earlier, had it not been for the numerous glitches they had to fix in the early stages, meaning that they could certainly work within that six month timeline. My point is, if they're going to starve us for content for nearly a year by stalling to prolong a game that doesn't need to be prolonged, then they really shouldn't be stalling even more. It's made especially annoying due to the fact that they shouldn't be stalling in the first place, as if they want to ever have hopes of catching up to real Pokémon, they need to be faster, not slower.

Does that make any sense, or was I just aimlessly ranting?

Rapiido

Added Azurill, Poochyena (hatched both), Makuhita, Gulpin and Zangoose. 17 down, 33 to go.

I'm fine with only 50 right now. Makes it feel easier to accomplish then to catch the (minus the 5 ghosts and legendaries) 120 at once.

Although I kind of wish they'd have region events (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn) so we could only catch Pokemon from those regions.... as much as I like seeing Pidgey, Teddiursa and Paras every 3 seconds, it'd be nice to have an option to... "turn them off" for a period of time.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I have around 15 species the last I checked. It was mostly the same Pokemon since I was playing at Mall Of America. I started around 11:30am and played until about 8:30pm stopping for lunch and dinner. I did well over 100,000 experience since there was 5 Ho-Oh raids in the area, although I only caught one of them. I did manage to evolve Makuhita, Gulpin, and Zigzagoon.

Sprinter1988

Well, this morning I began expanding my collection of Hoenn pokemon from the five ghost types. I successfully added Mudkip, Poochyena, Wurmple, Makuhita, Skitty, Meditite, Roselia, Gulpin and Spoink to my pokedex by capturing them and actually obtained enough Gulpin to evolve a Swalot, bringing my total number of Hoenn region pokemon up to 15. At some gyms I battled I managed to see a Seviper though one did not appear in the wild. I also saw silhouettes that showed Zigzagoon, Linoone, Treecko and Seedot, but each disappeared before I could get to them.

This weather feature seems interesting. All day the weather for me has been listed as cloudy, which should increase the appearance rates for poison, fairy and fighting. Today over the course of four hours I encountered 1 Mankey, 1 Makuhita and 1 Meditite, which doesn't seem like a lot, but I never see fighting types near where I am. Fairy pokemon certainly had increased appearances, though only for Jigglypuff and Marill, of which I caught 11 and 9 respectively. But Poison was definitely the type that got the biggest boost, allowing me to capture 2 Zubat, 5 Weedle, 2 Kakuna, 7 female Nidoran, 3 male Nidoran, 2 Koffing, 1 Bulbasaur, 1 Oddish, 2 Bellsprout, 14 Gulpin, 1 Roselia, 16 Gastly, 2 Haunter and 1 Gengar. I also encountered a wild Crobat but it escaped and ran off.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Has anyone else heard that Zangoose/Seviper and Plusle/Minum are apparently regional exclusives, seemingly being split by the east and west hemispheres? That's a bit disappointing. I don't have have any particular desire to get Seviper or Minum, but I just had hoped that the regionals already in place would be enough. I just find the concept to be pointless and annoying. It's especially strange in this case, seeing as those two pairs of Pokémon are meant to live together, not in separate parts of the world. How are Seviper and Zangoose supposed to have a rivalry when they never interact with each other? and when have you ever seen a Plusle without a Minum? Oh well. Hopefully they'll keep on doing events like the Farfecth'd one, and this won't be a problem for much longer.

Jinouga87

I have encountered Extreme weather in Pokemon GO. Snowfall is counted as Extreme and as far as I can tell it doesn't offer any type advantage.

Vector88

Well, I found and caught Treecko, Zigzagoon, Skitty, Gulpin, Wurmple and Elecktrike...but when I was going for a dinner reunion with some co-workers, I randomly found a Breloom. It has 2038 CP and decent enough stats for using in battle. So that so far is my best catch