• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Ronflex

I tried this game 2 days and uninstalled immediately.
I play on Motorola Moto G 3rd gen 2015, which can run with no problems games like Chaos Rings 3 at high graphic settings.
This game is slow, laggy, full of bugs and boring in general. Not to mention micro-transactions, always experience killers in videogames.
On my experience, there are lot of connection/server problems, AR Camera doesn't work and I have to turn it off, Pokédex is bugged and crashes everytime, catching is lame and random, battles are no fun at all.
I really don't get the point of this game and why people are so excited, it's just a buggy watered down version of Ingress fused with a noob-friendly watered down version of Pokémon.
I DO hope that there aren't going to be any unlockable contents in Sun & Moon which need connection with GO, because that would force me to actually download and play this one.
First time I get so much disappointed about a Pokémon game, and this comes from a person who completed at 100% even Pokémon Channel.

This "let's go iOS-Android" trend with Pokémon games isn't so bad, I don't see a future for handheld consoles in today's market so I wouldn't be surprised if 8th gen would be just for smartphone and tablets but PLEASE, Mother N, put the same effort and love you used to with console games.

TaiChi1000

Does anyone know if I can play Go! on an iPod Touch? I'm not going to be able to play this until I get either an iPod or a smartphone, and even then I'll only be able to play it through WiFi (I live in a dead zone...).

I have looked around, but I keep finding either old topics or mixed yes/no results.

An iPod Touch would be cheaper(?), but a smartphone would be nice because when I would be able to get a (prepaid!) plan I would be able to find Pokemon around town.

Pokemon Power

Man, I tried to catch a Zubat but the Poke Ball I used won't shake, I can't tell if I caught it or not. Has anyone else been in a situation like this?

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
Does anyone know if I can play Go! on an iPod Touch? I'm not going to be able to play this until I get either an iPod or a smartphone, and even then I'll only be able to play it through WiFi (I live in a dead zone...).

I have looked around, but I keep finding either old topics or mixed yes/no results.

An iPod Touch would be cheaper(?), but a smartphone would be nice because when I would be able to get a (prepaid!) plan I would be able to find Pokemon around town.

While I can't confirm for iPod Touch, I do know that the iPad can load pokemon go, and so I would assume the iPod works similarly. I think the only requirement is IOS 5, if i'm not mistaken. However, I know that the iPad, at least, doesn't allow you to sign in with google and forces you to use the PTC, which is super spotty and often down.

Personally, I wouldn't base my choice off of pokemon go, but if you're really on the fence I'd recommend going for the smartphone, since it has a bunch of added functionality beyond compatibility with pokemon go. An android phone is cheaper than an iPod touch, and an iPod touch is about $100 cheaper than a non-refurbished iPhone. If you're a Mac user, getting accustomed to an andriod phone may be difficult, though. The best of luck to you!

Man, I tried to catch a Zubat but the Poke Ball I used won't shake, I can't tell if I caught it or not. Has anyone else been in a situation like this?

That's just the game glitching. Whether or not you caught it is kind of hit or miss; I recommend you close and re-open the app and check to see if you caught the zubat. 9 times out of 10, when it's frozen while I've tried to catch a pokemon, I successfully caught the pokemon after I logged back in, but I can't make any guarantees

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I hatched my first egg today. it was 5km egg and out came a Rhyhorn. It was my first entry so that excited me.

TaiChi1000

It would be an Android phone, and I keep looking at the Galaxy Grand Prime, but I see a lot of mixed results about its battery life and that it dies completely after a short amount of time. (The prepaid ones are $130 and $150 at Walmart right now).
And then the GPS chip would really help, right? (Will it also track my position if I'm just walking around my house or is it not that sensitive?)

BCVM22

Does anyone know if I can play Go! on an iPod Touch?

If it is a current-model (sixth generation) iPod touch, running iOS 8 or better, you should be able to play it over Wi-Fi, though it's going to huff and puff a little bit because the processor and resources of the touch intentionally lag behind their concurrent iPhone models.

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
It would be an Android phone, and I keep looking at the Galaxy Grand Prime, but I see a lot of mixed results about its battery life and that it dies completely after a short amount of time. (The prepaid ones are $130 and $150 at Walmart right now).
And then the GPS chip would really help, right? (Will it also track my position if I'm just walking around my house or is it not that sensitive?)

I can't speak for Android phones since I'm an iPhone user, but in general I think an attachable battery pack is a good investment if you're planning on playing pokemon go frequently and for more than an hour, since pokemon go drains battery life like crazy. Pokemon go uses google maps to track your location, but after a cursory glance around the internet, it appears that a GPS chip would be a necessary investment as well if you're going Android (but please, Android users, correct me if I'm wrong).

The GPS for pokemon go is fairly accurate, but not accurate enough to track your position within your house, haha. That said, it /is/ possible to run into pokemon while in your house.

Right, can we select a team before reaching level5? If so, how do we check which team we picked up? I seem to have forgotten mine.

You can't pick a team before level 5. To pick a team, click on a gym (even if it's not in range; as long as it's visible on the map and you can click on it you're ok) and Professor Willow will take you through the selection process.

To view which team you're on, click on your trainer head in the bottom left corner. Your team is displayed to the right underneath the journal button, and the insignia is overlayed behind your trainer.

Last edited:
Yo, not sure if anyone knows, but if you start off Pokemon GO, where the starters appear, if you walk away a good bit probably 5 minutes away from starting point, the starters will eventually reload with Pikachu!! Pretty sweet! Have not seen it on the main site.

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
This is a completely unrelated thought, but I wonder if they’re going to add more pokemon to the dex? It’s already somewhat implied that they at least have plans for it, given the “Kanto” badge is called “Kanto” and not “Pokedex”, but I wonder how they’d go about doing it.

Adding another region’s dex will cause a huge level spike in all of the players thanks to the XP bonus new dex entries give, and if all 7 regions are eventually added it will be nigh impossible to find any pokemon more than once, if at all. It works in games like X&Y where you have a small region to explore with specific patches of grass holding specific pokemon, but the real world sadly isn’t so organised.

I suppose a possible way to combat this would be to allow the player to toggle between regional dexes, but that doesn’t fix the level spike issue (not that I think there’s any way to avoid that) and could possibly hold other problems too that I can’t think of at the moment. It would probably be a massive drain on the servers as well, which already are pretty unstable and struggling to keep up with the player base as it is.

On the other hand, not adding more pokemon means people are eventually going to get very bored. Sure it’s a ton of fun now, but the game has only been out for about four days and people are already at level 20 with half their dex filled. If everyone keeps up at this pace or similar, just imagine where we’ll be in a month. Unless a feature to battle and trade with local (and possibly global) players directly is added, I don’t see the app lasting.

...Of course, that's just a worst case scenario! I’m sure Niantic/Nintendo has something planned for us haha (team leader design reveals??? maybe??? please???????)

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
They said at E3 that Generations II-VI will be added one at a time down the line.

I see! I must have missed that! That's some really exciting news to hear, although I'm still worried about how they're going to implement it aha. The poor servers....

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I see! I must have missed that! That's some really exciting news to hear, although I'm still worried about how they're going to implement it aha. The poor servers....

They will have all the servers fixed by the time they release gen 2 (I hope it's before the end of the year cause I'm starting to get bored of the same Pokemon all the time...) so it wouldn't be a problem, I'm guessing that they have seen how popular the app is (It's EVERYWHERE now) they will put in extra work to get the servers right.

Shraeder

It's Lit
My friend and I were on a night hike at Echo Mountain (near LA), and as we got to the top of the mountain ran into a freaking DRAGONITE. Of course when I encountered it I only needed 50 EXP to get to level 8, so I had no Razz Berries, and after about 40 Pokeballs it fled :(. Luckily my friend was level 10, so he fed it 4 Razz Beries and managed to catch a 252CP Dragonite. I actually have screenshots if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

Breyfunk

That is epic. Best I've managed to snag has been a Shellder, but I keep seeing cool 'mons on my nearby screen only to see them dissappear moments later.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Got the Game to work for an hour yesterday. Just enough time to catch a Weedle, Caterpie, Pidgey and eevee.

How do i get more Candy for my Pokemon though?

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
My friend and I were on a night hike at Echo Mountain (near LA), and as we got to the top of the mountain ran into a freaking DRAGONITE. Of course when I encountered it I only needed 50 EXP to get to level 8, so I had no Razz Berries, and after about 20 Pokeballs it fled :(. Luckily my friend was level 10, so he fed it 4 Razz Beries and managed to catch a 252CP Dragonite. I actually have screenshots if anyone's interested.

Yes, please, I'd love to see the screenshots. It makes me so happy people are able to catch such rare Pokemon. I managed a good bit of catching myself today, although, nowhere near Dragonite. I caught a staryu, Krabby and Meowth. Also, powered up my Tangela and hatched an egg that needed 5KM walking. It turned out to be an Oddish. I'm now hatching a 2KM egg which is 1KM done, I expect to get it done by tomorrow morning. The only most horrible thing that happened with me was me reaching Level 5 and hitting my First Gym. I had to battle four Pokemon using only one Pokemon of mine. And, things were going so fast, I had no clue what I was doing except tapping hard on my Pokemon and occasionally using the second attack. I could not restore it's health or choose a second Pokemon after the first one fainted. Kinda disappointed. >.< I shall edit my post with the Pokemon that I've caught later on when I log in from my mobile.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Had some seriously lag while trying to battle a gym about half an hour ago. Their Pokémon was almost down, 1 HP and wouldn't faint. Then, it would freeze... :| I tried twice and ended up having to close the app to come back to find that I "never" battled the gym.

Edit: I've looked into it and apparently this is an ongoing problem that they are aware of.

Last edited:

AmenFashion

Last night my friend and I spent hours driving around our city, parking, and exploring different areas to find new Pokemon.
My favorite catches were Clefairy, Pinser, Exeggcute, and Tauros. They were so hard to find, but it's rewarding once you finally corner them!

The two most frustrating moments was finding a Chansey and a Kabuto, and having the app freeze and crash BOTH times after I throw a Pokeball...

I've been hatching 10km eggs like crazy trying to get a Mr. Mime! He's my ultimate goal. Anyone ever find him in the wild yet?