• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really hope that they add abilities for Shedinja's release. It will be worse than a Magikarp without Wonder Guard

Aside from the fact that Go currently has no method to support abilities, there's one major problem for Shedinja int he game. Currently, the game does not allow zero damage to be dealt from an attack. Types that would normally be immune from types only take reduced damage and moves like Splash and Yawn that have a base power of zero still inflict 1 damage, because the battle system doesn't allow for zero damage to be dealt, so it rounds up to one. If this were still the case when Shedinja is introduced, then even if they somehow give it Wonder Guard, the damage it takes would still round up to one, and it would still be defeated in one attack.

And honestly, the fact that they added in the Castform forms without implementing Forecast tells me that Niantic has no interest in introducing abilities any time soon, or else they would have held off on introducing Castform until they can do it the right way.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So Draco Meteor for Community Day. Well.. That sucks! It's a 1-bar Charge Move, whereas Outrage has higher DPS and is a 2-bar Charge Move. Meaning, you can usually get THREE Outrage's off while you'll likely struggle getting that second Draco Meteor off, because in experience, getting that second 1-bar Charge Move off is highly situational. Getting a second Stone Edge off vs. Hyperbeam Blissey? Sure, no problem. Getting a second Draco Meteor off against a Rayquaza (if your raiding or if your Dragonite is defending)? Highly impossible. Getting 2 to three Outrages off will be far more likely and damage effective.

Currently unavailable common species are: SNIP

1. Smeargle: It's a moveset issue. Like Delibird, they want to use the signature move - Sketch -, but how is that going to work in practice in PoGo?
2. Nincada-line: Shedinja's the problem. Its ability just wrecks it in this game, bguy7 explained it well enough.
3. Kecleon: Another Ability-problem. But like Castform, I think they're better off just giving us another useless Normal-type and just include it.
4. Spinda: I'm guessing they want to implement the unique spots, but haven't figured out how.
5. Clamperl-line: There should be no issue here, it's no different than Slowpoke, but with two evolution items instead of one. I don't get why these three weren't introduced already.

There are reports of people getting passes simply for spinning the Pokéstop at a gym at some point in the past. Unfortunately, all the passes they're going to give out until next week have already been given out, and most likely this was just a special, one-off giveaway for Mewtwo's birthday.

Nah, your run of the mill typical Niantic screw-up. People here in the Netherlands were getting passes for gyms they did when on summer vacation to Italy and even as far as Colombia.

It remains to be seen if the Farfetch'd event is a one-off or something they'll keep doing, but let's just cross our fingers that they'l repeat it.

I'm little disappointed too, especially because I really wanted that double candy for Hoenn Pokémon. However, the logic behind it is likely that we just had the Hoenn-exclusive spawns for a couple days, which was basically half an event, and now we have Valentines which is basically half an event. The obvious logic by Niantic here is that two half events make one full one. I don't necessarily agree, but I see the logic.

Yeah, maybe the Global Catch Challenge was a one-off thing, but it worked for them - and it worked for us. And aside from that, there are still the Safari Zone-events, which they do more regularly and can easily fit in those regionals a lot quicker. Still, there are too many regionals. Why did New Zealand need one specifically for themselves? I know it technically didn't have one yet, but it's just rubbing salt in the wounds here in (central/west/north/eastern-) Europe where we have only have a single (crappy) regional (outside of ones that will likely rotate (Lunatone/Volbeat). It's not like we're in the same position as Iran.. Where in the same country you can capture: Zangoose, Seviper, Solrock, Lunatone, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Tropius and Corsola.

And lol, Hoenn Spawns + Valentines Day Spawns + Weird Lunar New Year Spawns tagged on at the end. I loved the Hoenn Spawns, even though I was stuck in a cottage with my in-laws and pretty much all that would spawn were Swablu - and I didn't get a Shiny! - so I had 450 candy in one day, but hey! Cool. I went hard on the Valentines Day Event, caught more than a dozen Chansey the first night, caught a whole bunch of Luvdisc which brought my dust up to 7k. Then I found a shiny, and then I found a 100% one: Level 1, 10cp.. xD

Not really a triple Stardust event though, seeing as it's only on Luvdisc and Chansey that give it. Personally, I haven't even bothered catching Luvdisc. I check them for the shiny and then run. I have nearly 2,000,000 Stardust, so the extra is quite meaningless to me.

So just because you didn't take advantage of it, means that it wasn't a triple stardust event? Luvdisc (and later Poochyena/Growlithe/Elektrike/Snubull/Eevee) were everywhere. I caught over 150 Luvdisc, so that's 45000 dust with little effort.

Sadly, I haven't gotten a shiny Poochyena (yet).

And honestly, the fact that they added in the Castform forms without implementing Forecast tells me that Niantic has no interest in introducing abilities any time soon, or else they would have held off on introducing Castform until they can do it the right way.

Yeah.. Abilities are likely dead in PoGo.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
5. Clamperl-line: There should be no issue here, it's no different than Slowpoke, but with two evolution items instead of one. I don't get why these three weren't introduced already.

Items themselves are unavailable for now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So Draco Meteor for Community Day. Well.. That sucks! It's a 1-bar Charge Move, whereas Outrage has higher DPS and is a 2-bar Charge Move. Meaning, you can usually get THREE Outrage's off while you'll likely struggle getting that second Draco Meteor off, because in experience, getting that second 1-bar Charge Move off is highly situational. Getting a second Stone Edge off vs. Hyperbeam Blissey? Sure, no problem. Getting a second Draco Meteor off against a Rayquaza (if your raiding or if your Dragonite is defending)? Highly impossible. Getting 2 to three Outrages off will be far more likely and damage effective.

It's not that much worse of a move though. You can't activate it as often, but you're inflicting much more damage when you do. Regardless, I'm just looking at it as a collectible like Surfing Pikachu.

Nah, your run of the mill typical Niantic screw-up. People here in the Netherlands were getting passes for gyms they did when on summer vacation to Italy and even as far as Colombia.

Yeah, realized that when Niantic made a tweet saying that. What a strange coincidence that it ended up on Mewtwo's birthday though. If I were Niantic, I would have just pretended like that was done on purpose.

So just because you didn't take advantage of it, means that it wasn't a triple stardust event? Luvdisc (and later Poochyena/Growlithe/Elektrike/Snubull/Eevee) were everywhere. I caught over 150 Luvdisc, so that's 45000 dust with little effort.

I wouldn't really call it a triple Stardust event unless everything was giving triple Stardust. This was more of a "bonus Stardust" event. But that's really just semantics.

I will admit though, tagging on a third mini event did help my perception. I'd still have one real event than three mini events, but three was certainly a lot closer than two.

A sad thing too.

This is one of the features that I think would improve Pokemon GO the most. It adds diversity and strategy to a game that has an immense roster of useless Pokemon. Even though there will always be optimal choices, a little bit of cheese can go a long way for weaker Pokemon.

You can't really have a stylized combat experience without diversity. I don't think that PVP would even be fun in the current state of the game, no matter the incentives or leader boards.

Exsception

Born Completionist

I don't have a clue where you're getting your information from, but Draco Meteor's DPS is much higher than Outrage's and even Hurricane's. Outrage's DPS is 28.21 and Draco Meteor's is a whopping 41.67, which is way up there with the best of the charged attacks. And on top of that, Draco Meteor's move animation is faster than Outrage's too; with Outrage taking 3.9 seconds and Draco Meteor taking 3.6 seconds.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Community Day was a blast!

I caught FOUR Shiny Dratini. The highest one was 75% with a perfect Attack IV, so I evolved it into Dragonite immediately. Then I evolved my second best Dratini after the event was done so it has Outrage. Then I evolved the third to Dragonair. So I have a Shiny Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite with Outrage and a Dragonite with Draco Meteor. Then I evolved a regular with perfect HP and Attack to a Dragonite so it has Draco Meteor as well. So I think I'm done and I got everything I wanted out of this event.

Heck, the only downside was that I had eight 10km eggs lined up to evolve (still had 260 meter to walk) and they started hatching immediately when I left my house, before I could put on a Lucky Egg or Star Piece.. -.-

Now I just need to get my Stardust up to 1 million and I'll begin powering up some of my favorites (2 perfect Machamp, Sceptile, Raikou, Kyogre, these shiny Dragonite and maybe a good Rayquaza if I manage to nab one this coming week).

Items themselves are unavailable for now.

The items are already coded into the game if I remembered correctly (saw PkmnMasterHolly discussing it in a video), not sure where she had her sources though.

It's not that much worse of a move though. You can't activate it as often, but you're inflicting much more damage when you do. Regardless, I'm just looking at it as a collectible like Surfing Pikachu.

Yeah, realized that when Niantic made a tweet saying that. What a strange coincidence that it ended up on Mewtwo's birthday though. If I were Niantic, I would have just pretended like that was done on purpose.

I wouldn't really call it a triple Stardust event unless everything was giving triple Stardust. This was more of a "bonus Stardust" event. But that's really just semantics.

I will admit though, tagging on a third mini event did help my perception. I'd still have one real event than three mini events, but three was certainly a lot closer than two.

If you can dodge and get the second Draco Meteor off, than yeah, definitely the better move, but I'll take three Outrages over one or perhaps two Draco Meteors.

It would be the Niantic way, but considering how heavy the backlash was in my community, it wouldn't have gone over well: "Celebrate Mewtwo's birthday, with an invite to an EX-raid two continents over!" (Dutch dude had an invite to an Ex-Raid in Colombia).

I really disliked how rushed the "third" act was. Two days is just too short and I was happy that the Valentines Day event was extended (only be it by their own f-k up). I guess it's only a slight bandage that Poochyena are not that rare and thus the odds of getting a shiny one are still quite high in the long run.

You can't really have a stylized combat experience without diversity. I don't think that PVP would even be fun in the current state of the game, no matter the incentives or leader boards.

It depends on what they give as incentives. If you get 500 Stardust for a win, then maybe not. But if you get 1000 Stardust for a win, then sure, people will casually battle for Dust. In terms of what will be used, it depends on if there's a battleclock and a "One-per-species"-rule. If there's no clock, then you can just make a team with just Blissey and then you'll have to do quite well with six Machamp to manage to beat that. If there's a clock, then nobody can use Blissey, because it just can't win in shorts amounts of time. If each battle is only permitted to last a minute (and the winner is determined by KO - or amount of health left), then Blissey has no space in said competition. What this will do is shake-up what gets used, as opposed to what we see as Defenders in gyms.

Because I guess we can all agree that "Gym"-teams, wouldn't translate to "PvP"-teams. At least that's what I hope. Well, I can probably do a lot of damage with six Machamp, but if they're running two Dragonite, a Mewtwo, a Gyarados and Zapdos, they likely have me beat. Also, Legendaries, they have to be allowed - or else they will lose the incentive to be raided.

I don't have a clue where you're getting your information from, but Draco Meteor's DPS is much higher than Outrage's and even Hurricane's. Outrage's DPS is 28.21 and Draco Meteor's is a whopping 41.67, which is way up there with the best of the charged attacks. And on top of that, Draco Meteor's move animation is faster than Outrage's too; with Outrage taking 3.9 seconds and Draco Meteor taking 3.6 seconds.

Okay, it's what I've heard. Now I've read this article: https://pokemongohub.net/post/meta/draco-meteor-better-outrage-dragonite/

Meaning that yeah, on DPS (and "Cycle-DPS") Draco Meteor is the better move. But I have often enough disagreed with people on DPS, the case often being that Gengar was the strongest attacker in terms of stats and DPS moves (can't remember exactly what), but that completely leaves out the fact that 90% of what you would typically find in gyms resists the Ghost-type attacks that calculation uses. So I'd argue, yeah, Gengar has the most DPS, but Machamp deals the most damage on average.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I've got to say, I enjoyed last month's Community Day plenty, but replace Pikachu with a Pokémon I actually care about, and that was just awesome. Managed to catch 112 Dratini, only had 43 total before, as well as five Shinies. Now I am the proud owner of a Shiniy Draco Meteor Dragonite. IVs aren't the best, but I don't care. I'll be throwing that thing in gyms as much as I can.

It would be the Niantic way, but considering how heavy the backlash was in my community, it wouldn't have gone over well: "Celebrate Mewtwo's birthday, with an invite to an EX-raid two continents over!" (Dutch dude had an invite to an Ex-Raid in Colombia).

As much as that sucked, I would assume it was a minority of the player base that got such bad invites. Maybe a vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless. And really, if Niantic really did want to make it so that any interaction with a gym could get you an invite, then there really would be no way to filter out gyms you visited on vacation. Maybe it sucks for the people who it happened to, but overall, many, many more people got their first ever invite to an EX Raid, and that is not a bad thing. So as far as I'm concerned, the positives far outweighed the negatives.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I will say, I had a great time during yesterday's Community Day. The turnout was a lot bigger than last month's. And while I'm still not happy that shinies were made as common as they were, at least I got three shinies out of the hour and a half that I was able to partake in the event. In total I caught about 170 Dratini, giving me loads of candy, stardust, and the gold Dragon medal.

Bus

I got to my local park about an hour after the event started. I heard some people saying that Shinies were more common for the first hour. I'm not sure how true that was. I was there for roughly 2 hours with my dog, walking and catching every Dratini I could see. I was about to head home when I noticed the radar said that 4 Dratini were near a stop. I figured, what the heck, and went for it. Before reaching it, the first Dratini on the way was Shiny. That ended up being the only shiny Dratini I found for the 2 hours I was there. Luckily, I caught enough to fully evolve a 'Wonder' Dratini I had caught and then evolve the Shiny Dratini. The shiny wasn't fantastic (though it's CP was high enough) so now I've got my first two Dragonites. A perfect IVed one at 2200 and a Shiny at 2538. Now I need another Dratini day or an Egg so that I have enough candies to power up my good Dragonite lol.

Just a thought; not sure if anybody noticed, but since Community day was all about Dratini, what are the chances that any 10K Eggs gathered on that day hatch with a near 100% Dratini rate? My theory panned out for the Hoenn event; the 3 10K eggs I got on the day it was nothing but Hoenn pokemon showing up turned out to be Trapinch, Bagon, and Beldum, so I'm hoping the same holds true here. If so, it would provide a nice boost to my Dratini candy reserves for later. Otherwise, if it's a Feebas, I can live. I might destroy my phone if its ANOTHER Sudowoodo though.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I got to my local park about an hour after the event started. I heard some people saying that Shinies were more common for the first hour. I'm not sure how true that was. I was there for roughly 2 hours with my dog, walking and catching every Dratini I could see. I was about to head home when I noticed the radar said that 4 Dratini were near a stop. I figured, what the heck, and went for it. Before reaching it, the first Dratini on the way was Shiny. That ended up being the only shiny Dratini I found for the 2 hours I was there. Luckily, I caught enough to fully evolve a 'Wonder' Dratini I had caught and then evolve the Shiny Dratini. The shiny wasn't fantastic (though it's CP was high enough) so now I've got my first two Dragonites. A perfect IVed one at 2200 and a Shiny at 2538. Now I need another Dratini day or an Egg so that I have enough candies to power up my good Dragonite lol.

Just a thought; not sure if anybody noticed, but since Community day was all about Dratini, what are the chances that any 10K Eggs gathered on that day hatch with a near 100% Dratini rate? My theory panned out for the Hoenn event; the 3 10K eggs I got on the day it was nothing but Hoenn pokemon showing up turned out to be Trapinch, Bagon, and Beldum, so I'm hoping the same holds true here. If so, it would provide a nice boost to my Dratini candy reserves for later. Otherwise, if it's a Feebas, I can live. I might destroy my phone if its ANOTHER Sudowoodo though.

Not sure about about the higher chances of a shiny during the first hour, but my raid circle has been talking about their 10k eggs hatching Dratinis, shiny and non. I hear you on the Sudowoodo, though. Same sort of frustration when Mantine and Chinchou 10ks were a thing. Thank. The. Lord. They are not anymore.

For Community Day, I went to a big gathering at a park where there was 200+ people going to play. A guy in my group got 7 shinies, some back to back. Another dude got 8. 8! I got one, but that's all I was hoping for. IVs aren't great, but hey, I've got one. Evolved the shiny along with a very good one I had beforehand. Now I have enough candy to evolve another one that would be really high without powering up, but I'm debating on whether or not to do so since I wouldn't have so much to power up my really good one. Either way, it was a good time. Shiny Dragonites have been appearing everywhere in the gyms around me so I feel bad for those who didn't get one. I'm sure they feel like they're being taunted.

Vipsoccermaster

I went to my local park for the Dratini Community Day. Spent the whole three hours there finding and catching Dratini. I didn't catch as many as I would have hoped, but ended up with 66. I still need to work on my Dragon Tamer gold medal, which currently sits at 82/200, and the same amount goes for Depot Agent gold medal. I found a couple of good ones, as long as IVs goes, but most were bad. In the second half of Community Day hours, I was able to find and catch five Shiny Dratini. None are particularly good though. I didn't really expect myself to end up with five shiny Dratini out of 66 I caught.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I like to follow the information gathered by the Silph Road, and they normally find stuff like that, but I have seen nothing about either a higher Shiny rate in the first hour or higher Dratini egg rates. If anything, from personal experience, I was catching more Dratini in the second hour than the first. And from what I know, there was not an increase in Hoenn eggs during the Hoenn mini-event, so you probably just got lucky.

Bus

My 10k Egg from that Dratini day finally hatched (I haven't had much time lately and it only records half the distance I do oftentimes). Looks like my theory is debunked. It was not a Dratini, but I am fine with a Trapinch. It gave me just enough to bump it up to a Vibrava thanks to a previous Trapinch egg hatching. Now I just need a Hoenn Dragon day so that I can get Salamance and Flygon since I have never seen a Trapinch in the wild near me and have seen only 2 Bagon thus far (luckily I hatched one twice, so I've got its second form).

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My 10k Egg from that Dratini day finally hatched (I haven't had much time lately and it only records half the distance I do oftentimes). Looks like my theory is debunked. It was not a Dratini, but I am fine with a Trapinch. It gave me just enough to bump it up to a Vibrava thanks to a previous Trapinch egg hatching. Now I just need a Hoenn Dragon day so that I can get Salamance and Flygon since I have never seen a Trapinch in the wild near me and have seen only 2 Bagon thus far (luckily I hatched one twice, so I've got its second form).

Be sure to get as many eggs as you can since they're guaranteed to be flying, psychic, or dragon from the event. I've already got 3 10k eggs, so I'm hyped!

Vipsoccermaster

Be sure to get as many eggs as you can since they're guaranteed to be flying, psychic, or dragon from the event. I've already got 3 10k eggs, so I'm hyped!
They're not guaranteed. You get a higher chance of obtaining them. I already got eight 10km eggs within the past week, and currently incubating one of them (9km/10km). Though the contents of the egg may be exciting, it's going to be a pain to walk 70km, incubating one 10km egg at a time with the infinity incubator.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
They're not guaranteed. You get a higher chance of obtaining them. I already got eight 10km eggs within the past week, and currently incubating one of them (9km/10km). Though the contents of the egg may be exciting, it's going to be a pain to walk 70km, incubating one 10km egg at a time with the infinity incubator.

Is that the case? My mistake! Good to know.

Do you not have any gyms in your area to grind coins off of for incubators?

Vipsoccermaster

Is that the case? My mistake! Good to know.

Do you not have any gyms in your area to grind coins off of for incubators?
I do, actually. Have 8,095 coins to use, all from gyms. But I can't justify paying 150 coins for an Egg Incubator to incubate the eggs, especially since it is gone after three uses. Can't justify paying coins for items that are consumable in the end (rare exceptions are Premium Raid Passes when I need more and with a raid group). Would rather spend coins on upgrades, especially if they go on sale, which it hasn't since February 2017 for Pokémon Storage.

Bus

Oh sweet! I didn't know that. I finally got my Altaria the other day (so annoyed it took 400 candies for something that cant even reach 2000 cp). I go on vacation starting tomorrow morning (cruise ship, so no phone connection), so I don't know if I'll be able to take advantage. I'd have to stop at the park on the way home (which is actually fairly far out of my way) to hit up enough stops to fill up on Eggs.