• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Vipsoccermaster

I think the only reason why Niantic chose Mareep is due to the fact that they are not easy to find, like Dratini are. This event will help build up your Mareep Candy count to get Ampharos.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
My prediction is that Dragon Pulse will be the Ampharos exclusive move. Here's fingers crossed to maybe they'll introduce Mega Ampharos. Not holding my breath but.... Who knows!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My prediction is that Dragon Pulse will be the Ampharos exclusive move. Here's fingers crossed to maybe they'll introduce Mega Ampharos. Not holding my breath but.... Who knows!

I highly doubt we'll be getting Mega Evolutions any time soon. How would it even work in Pokémon Go? They can't even get normal form changes working. An without Mega Ampharos, there's zero reason for Ampharos to get Dragon Pulse.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
That moment when Mareep is announced as the Community Day Pokemon and you only recently got done with walking/feeding rare candies to Mareep to finally have enough for Ampharos. Not my greatest moment, by far XD

Oh well, it'll still be nice to have a bunch of Mareep around! Now if only I could get a Girafarig or Unown lol

Vipsoccermaster

No chance for Mega Ampharos at this time. Mega Evolutions are in Generation VI. We're in Generation III. There's three generations to go before Mega Evolutions arrive.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
No chance for Mega Ampharos at this time. Mega Evolutions are in Generation VI. We're in Generation III. There's three generations to go before Mega Evolutions arrive.

Even then, I'd be fine with (and actually prefer) not having mega evolutions in POGO at all. Since it was more or less for revitalizing competitive play for older mons that were a decade old rather than just ones that had been released over the better part of 2 1/2 years.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I don't think that the state the game is in right now is in any way conducive to introducing Megas anytime soon, but with that said, I don't think Niantic is any way bound to wait until Gen VI to release them. Just as we have moves and types that didn't exist in Gen III, there's nothing stopping them, in theory at least, from releasing the Mega Evolutions of Pokémon already in the game.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I don't think that the state the game is in right now is in any way conducive to introducing Megas anytime soon, but with that said, I don't think Niantic is any way bound to wait until Gen VI to release them. Just as we have moves and types that didn't exist in Gen III, there's nothing stopping them, in theory at least, from releasing the Mega Evolutions of Pokémon already in the game.
Typings are completely different things from Mega Evolution. There's absolutely no correlation there. Mega Evolution was a Gen 6 gimmick, there's no reason to introduce it prior. Just like how introducing Alolan forms and Z-Moves prior to Gen 7 would be illogical.

Plus Mega Evolution is a in-battle mechanic only, it'd likely just be some sort of unlockable item or in-battle meter for Pokemon that can use it. Wouldn't surprise me if you had to stockpile a certain amount of candies to form the mega-stone and use it in a gym/raid battle.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Typings are completely different things from Mega Evolution. There's absolutely no correlation there. Mega Evolution was a Gen 6 gimmick, there's no reason to introduce it prior. Just like how introducing Alolan forms and Z-Moves prior to Gen 7 would be illogical.

Admittedly, it's not the best correlation. The point I was trying to make is more that there's nothing actually holding Niantic back from releasing Mega Evolution if they see fit before Gen VII Pokémon are released. Sure, it seems to make the mos sense to wait to release them until then, if it's planned at all, but there's really nothing that could actually hold them back.

To be clear, I don't think it will happen before Gen VII, if at all, but I do think it's something that Niantic could do if they are so inclined.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Admittedly, it's not the best correlation. The point I was trying to make is more that there's nothing actually holding Niantic back from releasing Mega Evolution if they see fit before Gen VII Pokémon are released. Sure, it seems to make the mos sense to wait to release them until then, if it's planned at all, but there's really nothing that could actually hold them back.

To be clear, I don't think it will happen before Gen VII, if at all, but I do think it's something that Niantic could do if they are so inclined.
There's nothing holding them back, sure, but there was nothing stopping them from adding weather pre-gen 3, but they added weather along with gen 3.

There is absolutely no logical reason for Megas to be introduced prior to Gen 6 Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There's nothing holding them back, sure, but there was nothing stopping them from adding weather pre-gen 3, but they added weather along with gen 3.

There is absolutely no logical reason for Megas to be introduced prior to Gen 6 Pokemon.

If I remember correctly, it was said very early on in the life of Go that they wanted to add in weather. It wasn't a matter of waiting for the right generation, it was a matter of just having the feature ready, it just happened to ready to coincide with Gen III. Also, that doesn't even mean anything, seeing as weather was introduced in Gen II, not III, so that would imply that Niantic doesn't feel bound to release things in their corresponding generation.

And yeah, there's no real reason to introduce them, but there really isn't any reason to hold off either, other than to artificially match up with original releases.

Exsception

Born Completionist
It seems Niantic got in the April Fool's spirit and has given us some "cutting edge 8-bit sprites" that will prove to be more "immersive" and "realistic". Well played.

It looks clean though.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm sure a lot of people enjoy the 8-bit sprites and would be disappointed when they leave, but I for one would be glad simply because I can't tell what Pikachu are my event ones and w/o paying close attention to my Shiny Pokemon, I have no clue what is what.

Vipsoccermaster

I'm sure a lot of people enjoy the 8-bit sprites and would be disappointed when they leave, but I for one would be glad simply because I can't tell what Pikachu are my event ones and w/o paying close attention to my Shiny Pokemon, I have no clue what is what.
The 8-bit sprites leave on Saturday, April 7, 2018.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
With Latis now done, this leaves Regis as the sole non-Mythical legendaries missing in Go. Johto is also only missing Celebi and Smeargle, though Hoenn is still missing a fair amount of Pokés.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Completed a Latios raid today but unfortunately I didn't capture Latios.

Sometimes I really hate how tedious raids are. I wish that any leftover Premium Balls from your previous raid encounter would carry over to your next one, just having the extra ones disappear is pretty lame.

Bus

That last Egg-centric Event was terrible for me! I gathered up a ton of 2K eggs hoping for a good spread of pokemon, but out of the 8 that I had managed to get and hatch, only 1 was a 10k pokemon (Aron). Four of the eggs were Swinub! I'm swimming in Swinub candies now!

Hopefully the next community event with Mareep treats me better. I've been sitting on a Flaafy forever since I can only get them via Egg (there are NO electrical types anywhere around me). I've got high expectations of there being shiny Mareep available too, so if the world ends up being flooded by sheep that day, I'm gonna get me a Shiny Ampharos! (Or at the very least, an Ampharos in general).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
That last Egg-centric Event was terrible for me! I gathered up a ton of 2K eggs hoping for a good spread of pokemon, but out of the 8 that I had managed to get and hatch, only 1 was a 10k pokemon (Aron). Four of the eggs were Swinub! I'm swimming in Swinub candies now!

Hopefully the next community event with Mareep treats me better. I've been sitting on a Flaafy forever since I can only get them via Egg (there are NO electrical types anywhere around me). I've got high expectations of there being shiny Mareep available too, so if the world ends up being flooded by sheep that day, I'm gonna get me a Shiny Ampharos! (Or at the very least, an Ampharos in general).
I kinda got the same outcome with the Egg-centric Event as well. Best thing that happened was that my 10km hatched and gave me a Snorlax with ~50 candies. I think I also hatched a Larvitar with ~30 candies? Other than that everything else was mostly baby Pokemon or common Pokemon that I really, really didn't need more candies for. I even hatched over 24 eggs! Was really hoping to hatch some starters or Pokemon I need to evolve like Phanpy, Aron, or Feebas, or Pokemon I needed in my dex like Bagon, Chimecho, or even Cacnea.

I'm ready for eggs to be hatching very frequently during Community Day! Also hope the weather in-game is Rainy so I can snag some weather boosted Mareep. I managed to get lucky during both Bulbasaur and Dratini's community days as it was Sunny/Cloudy for Bulbasaur's and it was Windy during Dratini's so I ended up snagging weather boosted shinies.

Bus

I kinda got the same outcome with the Egg-centric Event as well. Best thing that happened was that my 10km hatched and gave me a Snorlax with ~50 candies. I think I also hatched a Larvitar with ~30 candies? Other than that everything else was mostly baby Pokemon or common Pokemon that I really, really didn't need more candies for. I even hatched over 24 eggs! Was really hoping to hatch some starters or Pokemon I need to evolve like Phanpy, Aron, or Feebas, or Pokemon I needed in my dex like Bagon, Chimecho, or even Cacnea.

I'm ready for eggs to be hatching very frequently during Community Day! Also hope the weather in-game is Rainy so I can snag some weather boosted Mareep. I managed to get lucky during both Bulbasaur and Dratini's community days as it was Sunny/Cloudy for Bulbasaur's and it was Windy during Dratini's so I ended up snagging weather boosted shinies.

Was the weather luck or was it intentional? I hadn't noticed what the weather condition was for the Dratini day, but given you're 2/2 on weather during days where that specific pokemon is in high abundance, it may have been intentional on their part.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Was the weather luck or was it intentional? I hadn't noticed what the weather condition was for the Dratini day, but given you're 2/2 on weather during days where that specific pokemon is in high abundance, it may have been intentional on their part.
Frankly I think it was luck because near the end of the Dratini Community Day it changed to Cloudy and sometime in the middle of the Bulbasaur Community Day it changed to Partly Cloudy, but a while later it went back to Cloudy.

I'd really love it if they just changed the weather for the day in general to a type-matching weather boost. Not only would it boost the Community Day Pokemon's CP, but it could also give players a chance to have a weather they rarely would get like Snowy for really hot regions and Foggy just... in general.