• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Surprised to see trading would be introduced this late.

But better late than never.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Surprised to see trading would be introduced this late.

But better late than never.
Part of me is super excited because I can trade with friends and family members...the other part is still shocked at the Articuno trade dust requirement. 1,000,000 stardust?! 1,000,000?! Hopefully it's a little lower than that! I've been holding onto multiples of legendaries to give to my mom, but this, this makes it nearly impossible.

EDIT: looking at other screen shots, it looks like the better friends you are with the other player, the cheaper the cost. The legendary one in particular coming down to a more manageable 40,000. Don't get me wrong, that's still a lot of dust, but I can see how it's done for balance. We'll just have to see when it comes out.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This is a step in the right direction, but what we need most is PvP battling, once we get that, we're good.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know, I was pretty much at the point where I didn't want trading to be in Go at all. In game based entirely around the goal of completing the Pokédex, having a trading could really break the game. I am surprised to say that the restrictions they're applying to trading actually look like they might be enough to keep everything balanced, at least somewhat. The only two problems I see with this system are the fact that they use codes, meaning you can trade codes with people on the internet, making it much easier to trade for stuff you don't have, and I'm also afraid of what this means for all people who have been cheating with multiple accounts. Now they can consolidate all their rare and powerful Pokémon onto one account. The system isn't the best, but it could be a whole lot worse, that's for sure.

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like you can only trade with people within a certain range from you. That's good. Spoofers can still bypass this, but at least there's some limitation.

Vipsoccermaster

Glad to see Trading and making friends come into fruition. Keeping everything balanced, the stardust cost is really high, but the better friend you are with another, the cheaper it is to trade with that person. For some Pokémon, you're limited to one Special Trade a day. You can only increase Friend level once per day per friend, when doing gym battles, raid battles, and trading. For trading, you're limited to 100km or less; the farther apart, the more candy you earn when you trade. Also, keep in mind that you're limited to only 200 friends when it launches, but Niantic may tweak it in the future. Bear in mind that players that are under the age of 13 cannot take advantage of trading. If you were under the age of 13 when you registered for PTC, then you're screwed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It is good to finally have trading after these years. Hopefully more evolution methods will be integrated into that to make it easier to get some Pokémon like Gengar, Machamp and Alakazam.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lucked out today, got a pair of 2km eggs, a Marshtomp (doesn't have very good CP, but it's still pretty cool), some Magikarp and some more items.

Not really a fan of the trading aspect as it's not good for anyone who has friends they see all the time or are within that 100km distance. It's just impractical.

PsychoIncarnate

People's negative reaction to the Squirtle Go Community Day has made me realize how much I hate the Pokemon Go community.

I think /vp/ is right about them.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
People's negative reaction to the Squirtle Go Community Day has made me realize how much I hate the Pokemon Go community.

What are they saying about it?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Just seeing post after post of complaints is aggravating and exhausting, especially if it's just the same stuff over and over again. We all knew Squirtle would be next, and yes, it's not the most competitively viable Pokemon in GO, but hey, the reduced egg hatching distance is something to be excited about.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Seriously, why are people complaining? It was obvious from the moment we got Bulbasaur Comunity Day that we would eventually get a Squirtle one.

Vipsoccermaster

Seriously, why are people complaining? It was obvious from the moment we got Bulbasaur Comunity Day that we would eventually get a Squirtle one.
Because Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise are not meta-relevant enough to warrant using them in battles.Shiny variants also isn't cutting it for them, either. The only thing that would make them pull in is if Squirtle can have sunglasses, as part of the Squirtle Squad from the anime.

I don't get the complaints as well, but really, you should have known that Squirtle was coming and just enjoy the Community Day. Give Squirtle some love.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Because Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise are not meta-relevant enough to warrant using them in battles.Shiny variants also isn't cutting it for them, either. The only thing that would make them pull in is if Squirtle can have sunglasses, as part of the Squirtle Squad from the anime.

I don't get the complaints as well, but really, you should have known that Squirtle was coming and just enjoy the Community Day. Give Squirtle some love.

I really hate the competitive mentality of if it's not meta-relevant, it's not worth anything. Community Day was never supposed to be about giving out meta-relevant Pokémon. It's not like Raichu, Ampharos, or Charizard are meta-relevant either.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
With Latis now done, this leaves Regis as the sole non-Mythical legendaries missing in Go. Johto is also only missing Celebi and Smeargle, though Hoenn is still missing a fair amount of Pokés.

Well, Regis are now done as well.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I really hate the competitive mentality of if it's not meta-relevant, it's not worth anything. Community Day was never supposed to be about giving out meta-relevant Pokémon. It's not like Raichu, Ampharos, or Charizard are meta-relevant either.
That's what happens when you give out Pokemon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Venusaur w/Frenzy Plant though. Everyone expects strong Pokemon to be featured for Community Day.

Nobody complained about Raichu because that was the first one and nobody really knew what Community Day was going to entail for future months.

Also, Ampharos is one of the best Electric types currently.(Only bc we really have none worth anything) +Charizard has been relevant. Not as much as ones like Moltres or Entei, but it's still one of the better Fire types we currently have.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I know the trading thing has to be done with someone nearby but does that also apply to sending gifts over or no?

As long as you're friends with someone, you can send them a gift from anywhere.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Also do remember you can only give everyone on your friends list a single gift a day.

That's a nice addition to the feature. That way you can't just make a second account and dump all the gifts into your main account. You have to gift other people unless you wanna be selfish and hoard gifts.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Squirtle community day is a major dissappointment. I knew that would be the Pokemon for it, but the bonus is just 1/4 egg hatch distance, which, by the way only applies to eggs that you put in an incubator after the event starts. This community day will be the first one I am not specifically requesting the day off from work because it is so useless. The other problem is that we have had several water events the last two months so it has been hard to get anything else. My closest park is a Chamander nest right now which is much better, but I only get to take advantage of it for a few days before it switches due to the water events taking over those spawns.